Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 150th Open, St. Andrews, 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,282 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mcillroy just caught a flier, wasn't necessarily a bad shot. Don't think he was going to bounce it off the wall, had enough space to do what he did. Jimenez was closer I'm sure (thought of that when ball went there alright)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

I was in the grandstand on 17 and some one had to play off the wall. Watched 10 groups coming through on 17 and there was only 3 pars, the rest bogies and doubles with the pin position it was and outrageous hole today. If you can get coverage of KAEWKANJANAs chip it was shot of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭boardise

Plus it's hard to see someone trying to 'cheat' when they're standing right next to a referee and a slew of cameras trained on the scene. Cheating is usually applied to something that happens in an unobserved setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Would be delighted if Rory does it - I'd say big in his mind and perhaps this year - St Andrews is the real legacy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭cosatron

The last hour last night was great entertainment and some great golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

Can anyone recommend a nice bar to watch golf in Edinburgh?

Hovland comes across great in interviews. Honest and funny. I think he will hold up under the pressure.

He won't be bothered by much, can see him shooting 67. Fingers crossed it's a winner from that pairing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The hole out bunker shot from McIlroy yesterday was great craic. Really looking forward to watching himself and Hovland duel it out today. Hopefully Rory can prevail but as long as its a close battle I'll be happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Feels like a big day today. I reckon Rory wins but it could be tight. Wouldn't rule out someone in the chasing pack shooting a 64 either. Hopefully it's exciting whatever happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

See Sam burns went -8 today so there's still low scores out there today, first Open I've watched in a long time and more to do with the leaderboard than the course to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What the hell happened Sam burns on the back 9 yesterday?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lots of low scoring so far so the leaders will need a low one to win. Hope Mcllroy does it but he's up against a fierce competitor in Hovland.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Xander a bit unlucky not to get a birdie last hole, and just spun off the green there on the sixth on his second shot = momentum lost

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There's been 22 Open champions at St. Andrews over the years. None of them have ever come from being more than 4 shots behind going into the final round. So history would suggest the winner is in the top 4, with Young and Smith being right on that limit of 4 shots behind McIlroy and Hovland.

Poor bogey by Young on 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nervy start from both leaders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭Xander10

Rory's putts just sliding by so far. No damage done. Just hope it's not going to be one of those days when nothing drops

Post edited by Xander10 on

That's a bad missed putt from Rory for birdie and lead on his own on the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

The concern is that it was nervy, suggesting he hasn't settled. Settling is his biggest challenge.

• Advertisement

First bogey for Hovland in 27 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A bird for Rory and that should be this done.

Super second shot by Rory on the par 5 5th. Eagle chance, but should be a nailed on birdie. Hovland did well on his 3rd shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Can’t see Rory not winning. Hovland not getting going

A little bit of daylight between Rory and Victor. -17 and -15 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The back 9 is going to be fascinating if Hovland or Smith can pull level with McIlroy. Otherwise McIlroy just has to play it safe and go for pars while the others will be taking on the riskier shot choices

So close to a birdie for Rory on 6, just barely missed. I don't know if there were any birdies on that hole all day, really tough pin position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Commentator post deleted

Post edited by slave1 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Starting to feel like Rory needs convert one of these real chances

Paddy Power have him at 75%

Advertisement