Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So "X" - nothing to see here. Elon's in control - Part XXX **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Elon Musk is a special type of troll himself except he makes vast sums of money when he trolls, Go Elon buy twitter he contributes the exact same amount of money to Democrats as he does to Republicans. He is a type of moderate / centrist so I don't think he is the saviour of twitter, but, he might allow some balanced twittering which would be like the good old days before the alphabet people took total control of the narrative . !

it will lead to law suits if they de value the shares by doubling the share holding

Ah Woody Allen did it they like these behaviours in Hollyweird, keep it in the family & all that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I don't think he, ll buy it as he has most of his money in tesla stocks, other large shareholders do not want him to buy twitter, he just likes to break the rules like a meme lord, he says he does not know if he can buy it. I think he uses twitter as his own pr agency to promote digital coins and the latest tesla products if he sold his stocks now he'd make a large profit I think he's been married 2 or 3 times and now his ex girlfriend grimes is in a relationship with a woman. He' s annoyed because the Sec says his tweets about tesla must be approved by officials at tesla to show they are in compliance with company law Re investments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

if Elon buys twitter it will be flooded with nazis led by trump, hopefully they'll get the place shut down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think he wants twitter to allow more right wing trolls or idiots to post fake news or he does not understand how moderation works Every social media service had to ban users or remove posts that are extreme, false, violent or racist

Normal people can post on twitter if they

follow the rules and don't post garbage or extreme content eg don't be a moron

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Guys, he's not trying to spend 40bn+ of his own money (possibly including selling shares in Tesla or SpaceX to fund it) because he believes in free speech, or wants to annoy lefties, or to allow Trump back on Twitter, or to combat fake news. He's doing it (or threatening to do it) because he believes he will make more money by affecting share prices.

Musk has regularly used Twitter to put out statements which has affected share prices of his companies (something which has gotten him in trouble with the SEC which investigates market manipulation). Now he's literally doing it with Twitter itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

he isnt spending 40bn , more like 10bn, another 10bn from investors and borrow another 10bn off the other amounts. He is a 1 man marketing dept which is great to watch. literally doing the work of a 100 people while taking a dump. I dont think this is about turning a profit in a mechanical way though, he sees a way to improve the platform. Even Jack Dorsey has been complaining about Twitter

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dingaan

He does have a great sense of humour!!

Elon Musk on Twitter: "https://t.co/Gw6xaw1u0N" / Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,711 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is the exact type of post you complained about on an adjacent thread this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Reading more about Dorsey from people that know him, he seems genuinely conflicted about Twitter and quite melancholy about what it has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wait till you see, he'll get as far as he can with this to pump up the share price, then sell off most of his stake, collapsing the buyout deal and the share price but not before he walks away with a huge profit from his sold shares.

Stock markets are fickle and investors by and large not particularly bright. If I owned shares in Twitter I'd be dumping them myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

Twitter and a lot of our online social media are full of Bots pretending to be people and have the ability to influence the world. Making the Algorithim open source is a good idea so it becomes more transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

same thing hes being doing with bitcoin, pump and dump!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Why stop there, keep going. Tell us how all his passionate interviews and Ted talks have been a lie. He has no principles and stands for nothing, right? Wrong.

He wouldnt have the support of Jack Dorcey if he was only in it for financial gain. You just hate the idea of Musk owning Twitter and like a lot of people, are praying that it doesn't happen. That's simply all there is too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The "Twitter is a private company it can do whatever it wants" argument is going to die a fast death if Musk takes over, proving that these people never believed in that position in the first place, and only used it because it was convenient to do so.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Hope he buys it and then pulls the ultimate troll of just shutting it down. Twitter is pure cancer.

The corruption within the board is being exposed for all the world to see. As they are fighting tooth and nail to fend off Musk for fear they lose a powerful tool in which they can and have used to control the flow of information.

You just hate the idea of Musk owning Twitter

I don't give a fvck tbh. Like facebook, Twitter's time in the sun will come to an end and something else will come in.

I don't hate Musk, I just see him for the narcissistic sociopath that he is. He has a lot of influencing power and he wields it for his own personal amusement. Like most multi-billionaire CEOs, as a human being he's a complete horrorshow and not someone that should ever be considered a role model or a moral authority. Jobs and Bezos are/were two similar scumbags, but virtually all of these billionaires are the same.

• Advertisement

wouldnt go as far as calling him a sociopath, but definitely narcissistic, a common trait of the wealthy

And the lads who fantasise about sucking Musk's cock will all pivot on the idea that he was ever going to buy Twitter, and declare it a genius move. Gotta show dem libs.

Nah, the stories that come out about how he treats his employees and his attitude to vehicle safety speak for themselves. He pushed for the whole "self-drive" labelling on vehicles that were never ready for it, and on a technical level the stuff Tesla are churning out are complete sh1te. Cars failing right, left and centre. Dead people don't matter to Musk though so long as the money's rolling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Pretty offensive post. No place for homophobic comments on boards. I am not permitted to report this post but hopefully a moderator spots this.

oh ive no doubt hes a right arsehole to work for, as narcissists are, but im still not convinced of him being a sociopath

i dont think so!

I don't know anyone who ever considered Musk a role model or moral authority. He was however a respected forward thinking progressive. After advocating for free Speech and making jokes on twitter he became a an enemy for people who hate the right. There's a desperate attempt to pretend that Musk is only in it to manipulate the stock market because advocating for free Speech is a talking point associated withe the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭growleaves

I don't particularly like Musk or the lionization he receives.

The desperation to ban Trump from social media platforms shows up the insecurity of people who oppose him.

He must be a strong candidate if it's necessary to censor him. Otherwise why bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

One of the reason a board could refuse to allow a vote is they think he's either not serious or doesn't have the money, the poison pill plans kinda negates that thought.

Musk has also filed with the SEC listing where it's all coming from now, commitments from big names.

...or the realisation that hes the big fcuking cnut to ever get involved in politics, a typical cluster b narcissist, completely self interested, at all costs!

• Advertisement

In case anyone is still labouring under the impression that Musk is some kind of technical genius rather than just a gigantic ego;

It's one thing for your regular CEO to come out with stupid sh1t, but this guy has pinned his credentials to being a "tech entrepreneur" and would like to have you believe that he personally oversaw the development of SpaceX rockets. He's even got a degree in physics. A 12 year old who thought about it for 30 seconds could tell you why he's wrong.

Advertisement