Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht vs. Leinster, leg the first (Sportsground, Friday 8th April 8pm, BT Sport One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

THought Toner was retired

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Would want to look at that Connacht late tackle again.

He was late, jumped into it and had his back turned when he made contact.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ross that's an absolute shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Papaili should get a card for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Byrne!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Ah Ross

Lowe gone out of the game completely with 2 shockers in a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭durthacht

How many times are Connacht going to be allowed to tackle off the ball?

love how the Sportsground flood the opposing officials in green!

Such stupid penalties from Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭JRant

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

A win is a win!

I'll take the 5 point win in the end, but I don't think Leinster were in the least bit impressive. They were incredibly sloppy in the second half and their accuracy went to pot when things didn't go their own way. Been the same story too many times this season.

Leinster leading at half time more or less. Roll on next Friday.

The positives are Doris and VDF being utter monsters.

Great game. Much better game than I thought it would be. Thought Leinster played very well, Connacht exceptional and it should be noted that Bealham was the best prop on the pitch - massive performance and my player of the match.

Thought Lowe played very well but marks against for failing to fulfil my prophetic hopes. Sexton lost his cool and was right to be subbed - no idea why we didn't take the points on offer later on albeit pre match overconfidence and a desire to create a first leg gap is what I suspect led to a disrespect of Connacht in terms of the actual unfolding of the game.

Really enjoyed that - glad we won but not at all disappointed that Connacht hammered us all game and even more happy to see how strong their pack was.

Great start to a rugby weekend and the only disappointment is that it's two Irish provinces in the one double header.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭tvpc

Sexton was a disgrace. He was clearly annoyed at getting outplayed by Carty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Credit to Connacht though. They made a real game of it and matched up physically in the forwards.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Connacht gave as good as they got. There were some high tackles, some off the ball stuff, lots of side entries. lots of diving off feet from both sides

JVG should have seen red and should be cited for breaking Marmions nose, Sexton could have been carded in the first half, Papilli should probably have had a yellow for the off the ball tackle

On Balance, I think the ref gave more of the 50/50s to Leinster especially the JGP yellow, which if red, would probably have been enough for Connacht to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Madeoface

JGP should have gone. Mind you Sexton should have in the first half for a similar tackle to the noggin (can't remember who he hit as 30 players were in green).

Happy with the win but the men of the West let down by the official.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭clsmooth

We watched an entertaining game and still all people want to talk about is the referee. Tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

porter is such a loss.

Healy is struggling and his replacement is a step down from that.

If any team will beat leinster they will want an incredible backrow because Doris Vdf Conan is as good as it gets.

Good performance by connacht, but some of the carthy love needs to be wound in. Some of his play is very very average, and some of his kicking is just downright bad.

Two MoTM awards for Doris in a row.

He turned 24 just last week. He's a genuinely special player that I hope has a long, injury free career. It's a toss up between him or VDF as best player in Ireland right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Connacht should have got a YC when Keenan scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The ref had a good game, am I allowed to say that?

Advertisement