Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod note Post #1 - All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2022 (Liam McCarthy Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

He puts over the ones that count. Misses plenty but he's got a knack of scoring the ones that are needed. He's some player ...the power of Limerick is not matched by anyone

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Marty almost in tears bigging up Limerick

So they pulled a master stroke, act **** for the league and swoop in form for the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

No master stroke just timing their peak for the championship!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

will be cuter than Every other team out there when it comes to playing Lk

Ah, but Kilkenny werent "cute" enough to beat the teams that Limerick beat at a canter in the last 2 finals?!

An odd one that

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

100% I'd be looking for my money back if I were a Cork supporter today.

The fuch is with this handpassing as a tactic when you can drive the ball 70meters up the field and by pass alot of traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Spot on. Surprised no one. They were strong favs for today with bookies and everyone.

With their experience now they have nothing much to learn from the league. Dubs were similar at their peak in the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

No team can physically match Limerick. They brushed off the Cork players today. Combine that with the skills they have and Waterford still wouldn't live with them. They didn't even get out of 2nd gear today. The spread of scores throughout the team is unmatched aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Very very true my friend.... but Waterford are a bit like Mayo.. when the big big day comes... they seize up... KK would not have been annihilated in Croke park last year like cork were... and I know that you know that too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Rosita

Don't knock it. Not sure live television discussion is the best place for the solid quiet guy you'd like to have a pint with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Mostly talks rubbish, I think he lost credibility tipping up Cork today, the man has a national platform to talk rubbish, he is the loudest voice but not as knowledgeable as he believes he is, Cork bias is not necessarily bad, but a bit of realism would not go amiss

• Advertisement

His coaching role with Clare wasn't any better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Grats

I posted here how carried away some got after Cork defeated Kilkenny in the League semi final. The likes of John Fogarty Irish Examiner in particular lost the run of himself and even suggested that the way that match was reffed is the way hurling should be reffed. To suit Cork of course.

I mentioned that Kilkenny are not the barometer and haven't been for some years. Fogarty, Cork and others will have had their eyes opened today. It was Kilkenny who put a halt to Cork's running fane all of 16 years ago. They're back with more of the same but with even more physical teams to contend with now. It didn't work back then and it certainly won't now.

Can't wait to see John Fogarty's response to today's capitulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Rosita

Funny about Kilkenny not being the barometer because there's someone on the Kilkenny thread saying that they are considered by Limerick to be the real threat and could take Limerick down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Grats

Davy Fitz spent his entire tenure as manager with Wexford focusing on Kilkenny/Cody when in fact the barometer had moved on. End results confirmed this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Realistically is there anyone close to Limerick? I'm not even convinced yet that Waterford are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

How do you beat the power game of limerick?

You just have to move the ball so quick and avoid your players getting into an arm wrestle with their markers or bottled up by 2/3 green jersies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

I don't think Waterford are near them. A lot of hype over the league. Derek McGrath losing the run of himself.

Until they do it when it really matters they are hurling's Mayo. Tipp of 3 years ago would have beaten them easily today.

Kilkenny have trouble with the running teams like Waterford and Cork but they do better v Limerick like in 2018 and 2019. They enjoy digging in to a physical game. Limerick are a better team but KK might take them on a given day, like 3 years ago, when Limerick hit more wides than usual and KK get a few breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

I think it will take some kind of unusual outcome in a knock out game to see limerick beaten. Like up 5 pts entering injury time and they get hit for 2 goals and have no time to respond

Starting well against them means nothing as they figure out early how to beat you. I think it will take a smash and grab result to take them out

Limerick playing Cork today and in last years final looked like kids playing adults in the garden at a family do. They kids score early and then the team of adults decide to get serious.

No disrespect to Cork as Limerick do that to most teams.

But running hurling, on it's own without a mixed game plan has failed since 2006. Physicality and work rate wrecks it. A county the size of Cork should be producing a stronger more physical hurler, combined with their traditional strengths. The Shane Kingston type of forward can't predominate.

He didn't get great ball but Hoggy looked like his best days might be passed. Shame if he doesn't get an AI.

• Advertisement

Or a set of injuries to key players.

They do really well on the injury front, credit to their S&C.

Big players really stood up for Limerick today.

Hegarty, Lynch, Byrnes, Hayes, Gillane, Quaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Mike Casey was excellent also considering he was out of the game for so long

Vibes of the Football championship of 2015-2021

Might as well just let Limerick hold on to the Liam McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Let's not get carried away. They were playing a very poor Cork team today. They are the best but are beatable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Why do media/posters etc keep saying that’s its such a shame that ‘hoggy’ probably won’t get a ‘Celtic’ cross…..there are plenty of great players as good if not better from all other counties who failed to get one also…..whats so special about a cork marquee forward…..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

What's with all the standing up analysis on The Sunday Game ?

You know what you're dead right and from a county like mine, and the like, we've had plenty such hurlers.

It's possibly that no other top top hurler played 14 years with Cork without an AI. He's timing is unfortunate.

If you make the Cork, Kilkenny and not so much the past 50 years, Tipp county teams, for a few years you were nearly guaranteed an AI.

I wonder are Waterford poorer than expected or one eye on Limerick next Saturday.. We'll see.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Like what was wrong with sitting down 😅 Derek McGrath looks tiny.

Advertisement