Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating

Options
  • 26-03-2022 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Evidence suggests that over 50% of us cheat or have been cheated on, I'm just curious what people's honest views are on this subject.

As far as I know, one boyfriend (at the time) cheated on me (most likely a few times) and I drunkenly cheated on him once. I hate cheating and even more so hate the fact people lie about cheating.

What are other peoples thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Depend is it just a kiss or a feel up, both of which are grand if it happens naturally (if events dictate) I think touch can even be okay, but never remove all your clothes or bounce it because the feeling of loss is too much to bare if the real one finds out, otherwise you just say we were both drunk and ‘had a thing’ as long as no pen you’re good

have I done it, yes, we all have, will I do it again, probably, doesn’t mean I dont love her

also depends what age you are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Did you put the word 'drunkenly' in front of 'cheated' to mitigate what you did?

If you have cheated you will know that booze often plays a role

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I cheated on 1 girl in NY years ago. Only time. Been cheated on by a spouse. And I know who. Not a one off but for years. I see posts on Facebook about how him and his now wife are SO in love. Mutual friends) and how he's such a devoted husband to her and their 2 ,maybe 3 children.

Little does she know the for their whole courtship he was cheating with their mutual great friends cousin.

Did you enjoy that or did you regret it? Even when we regret these things we still relive them in our minds over and over , so it’s not clear whether we really regret them, or simple we fear disapproval

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

She wasn't a steady gf ,in my mind anyway. A weekend hookup , or so I thought. Yes I regret it. Looking back on my regrets, they always happened because I couldn't grow up a be a man, rather than a boy around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’ve always cheated and will continue to do so. Humans aren’t meant to live monogamously.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

@Jequ0n - I’ve always cheated and will continue to do so. Humans aren’t I'm not meant to live monogamously.

Fixed that for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

"both are grand if they happen naturally" - does your partner (presuming you have one) also agree with this? What do you mean by "no pen"? So what if you're 50 years of age?

I don't remember kissing another guy I was that drunk, it was only that my friend told me the next day, it doesn't excuse my behaviour, there is no excuse for cheating, but I like to think, despite **** up, I did the right thing by being honest with him and telling him what happened, there's no way I could lie to someone about something like that. Looking back there were problems in the relationship and alcohol brought my subconscious to the surface, in hingsight it prob was the best thing that could have happened coz otherwise I prob would have stayed in an unhappy relationship, though obviously would have preferred to end things respectfully and maturely but sometimes **** happens.

• Advertisement

For some people it definitely does, drugs can be so lethal

Did you tell the girl at the time about NY? How did you find out about your ex spouse?

Yeah i dont really envy relationships because you just never know what's going on, spoze all you can do is hope for the best

So im assuming the partners at the time aren't told about this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

would have to get one first but the less hassle the better . 😂

Post edited by bejeezus on

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I'd a lady used follow me back to my digs to give me a blow job years ago while I was working away from home for a few months, we used go for a few pints after work some nights and she was working behind the bar, she never let me ride her for some reason so I never understood what she got out of it, but who was I to turn down blow jobs, I'd have been letting down the entire male race to knock that on the head, I was going with a girl at home but blow jobs are incredibly hard to turn down

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I'm married 11 years with 4 children. I've often wondered how married people find the time to cheat. ****, it's hard enough to get time to have a shyte in peace.

I haven't even come close to been tempted to ever cheat on my wife. I've too much respect for her.

I have cheated on a girlfriend I had in the past. But frankly when I think about it, that's all it was ..a girlfriend for 8 years.. we weren't going anywhere and not even at the living together stage. I do feel a little bad for the dishonesty but in fairness I had a great time which outweighed being a prick.

I've pitched my tent at this stage, I'm fortunate I've met someone I can trust. Definitely has its challenges, anyone that says they're in a blissful relationship of happiness are lying, either to themselves or others

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Would you not be worried about the fact that there was no ride, that "she" might have been a "he"and be packing a piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Yeah I've been cheated on, and cheated when I was younger. Both painful, I was filled with regret afterwards. Now I think feck it, I was young. I definitely would not stray now, no way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

What I can't understand is why do these people get into relationships I mean surely they know the sort they are why not just do everyone a favor and stay single if your going to be the town bike or vice versa. No one will have a problem then.

I've never cheated in a relationship, I just leave the relationship if that's the case don't need to be cowardly and all cloak and dagger I'll tell the person outright.

I do look down on people that cheat and In general have less respect for them I think it represents a serious character flaw and they aren't to be trusted in any regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ham Grenade

Sure who doesn’t love a bit o’ fresh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A kiss and a feel up are absolutely not grand. Don't be fooling yourself.

If I heard my wife did that on me, I wouldn't feel any worse if she had effed the guy.

That said, I did cheat before we were married and I wouldn't rule out doing it again if the circumstances fell that way. But I wouldn't be bullshyting myself about degrees of infringement, its all feckin cheating lads. I'd be going into whatever it was with my eyes open.

Kissing is cheating

Oral is cheating

Any sort of intimacy, even if there is never sex, is cheating.

Sexting is cheating.

Having a long term confidante online that might or might not involve sexual talk, but your partner not knowing about it, is cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Well if it was a "he" he had a fine pair of tìts, but no, definitely female or else just a really REALLY feminine man

So if you found out she cheated, that's okay cause you cheated?

So you don't feel any regret for doing it now? Nice though that you've learnt from it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

never given the chance up to now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I think cheating is such a dishonest thing to do. I don't approve of it and I would never do it to my wife. Its such a horrible act to do. If you stray from your partner just do the right thing and tell him or her you don't want to be with him or her anymore and just end it.

I had a married woman trying to come onto me one night on a work event. I work with her, she is a very attractive woman and she had a few drinks taken, I was heading out to the toilet and she followed me out and called me back. She started talking to me and said she wanted to kiss me. I froze I actually didn't know what to think or do. She put her hands around me and tried to kiss me but I pushed her off me and told her no. It was awkward for both of us at work after all of this but I was delighted I didn't allow her to try her stuff on me. Yes she was a really attractive woman but she was married and I had a partner at the time who I was very loyal to.

I'm probably about 1 in every 10 man that wouldn't do such a thing but I know plenty of other men who wouldn't miss the opportunity especially when the woman on show was quite hot.

Advertisement