Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭francois

This is the far right filth in full effect, paytriots who never stood up for local issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I do on occasion but it just reminds me what a cesspit it is.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

When talking about the likes of the national party, Irish people party etc and their supporters, there are two things that are obvious.

First the line, there is no cure for being a cúnt, could have been written especially for the membership and some of their supporters

Second our mental health services need a serious overhaul and a move away from a system that allows someone who is not capable of making informed decisions refuse treatment until they have deteriorated to the stage that involuntary admission is required.

I've seen the latter happening to a good friend who is due to go under electroconvulsive therapy next week after an involuntary admission and months of being on the strongest meds they can prescribe.

They have reached this stage because their condition has deteriorated so far over a two year period by them refusing to engage with the home based therapy team and refusing to take his medication and the home based team have essentially had their hands tied in preventing the deterioration occurring.

The involuntary admission only came about after his family reached their wits end when his abuse turned from verbal to physical.

It has been two years of him being sucked down the rabbit hole of quoting and repeating the same conspiracy and immigration bullshit you see on here and other sites.

Blaming the foreign staff in the hospital for not believing that he has brain cancer and them refusing to provide the correct medical treatment one week, to saying that the medication he has been prescribed is part of a secret medical trial the next week, switch and repeat the following week.

But apparently the likes of the national party etc are going to fix all of this for him when they are elected because they are going to get rid of all the foreign staff and replace them with Irish staff who were shipped to Australia and Canada by the leftist Marxists in the E.U. and Irish government so the foreign staff could be hired.

Now I know, as do his family, that the rounds of electroconvulsive therapy if even successful isn't going to be a miracle cure, he is still going to need other ongoing treatments and be willing to engage in those treatments.

They just hope as do I and the rest of his friends that with it he will be willing to engage with the follow up treatments and we get him back from the darkness that has replaced him with a stranger.

The problem is that not everyone has family or friends who will stick with them when their head is so fúcked up and help ensure they get help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

So i take it giving the scenario you would support bringing down a government?

If the far right held most positions of power after the next GE i can guarantee you’d see way worse things from you marxists.

Blame angry morons like Blighe etc for all the problems we have all you you want, they havent been in power. It’s left leaning policys that has the country the way it is.

Did you ask all these people out doing tidy towns and scrubbing graffiti if they were a far lefty or a far righty? Complete BS from you again.

• Advertisement

Lefty code for I can’t win the debate or argument so i just stay away.

It is lazy

Whats fueling right wing extremism or whatever you wanna call it these day’s?
    As much as yee would like us to blame the foreigners & refugees it’s usually government policy’s.
    Such as using the Guards to ramming in hundreds of unknown men near kids schools and play areas.

Your still damned if you do & damned if you dont. The way it’s set up favours the big party’s & the fact they have been in power over 100 year’s confirms that. They only need to run enough candidates and will get enough transfers to eventually take seats.

It’s only the illusion of choice.

And from how i see it, absolutely no difference between any of our mainstream party’s, they are all reading off the same script. So no choice really unless you vote for the polar opposite like National party etc

The same wake up yee promised us at the last referendum?
    Lol leftys are getting creamed on the Eu, Council & GE everybody knows it.
    Yer lefty government is already changing there tune on immigration introducing policies that were considered far right only a few month’s back.
    But yeah keep voting for the lads that have caused all the trouble in the country so far, I’m sure theyll fix it right THIS time

Let's wait and see how the far right do in the local and European elections, then we can have a discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,403 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well someone had their propaganda word salad Weetabix* this morning.

Asuming Weetabix isn't far lefty of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭concerned_tenant

That's pretty vile conduct and personal abuse.

I don't think everyone attending these events is "far-right" though. Many probably hold left-wing views in many other respects, such as supporting benefits systems; free education; free healthcare, voting for Sinn Fein / left-wing independents etc. The only issue they're getting riled up about is asylum seekers because it's impacting their local area. That doesn't justify their words and actions, but that's the way it seems.

There have always been disadvantaged communities in the country who get off on causing problems for the Gardaí and abusing the Gardaí themselves.

Now that doesn't mean for a second that other organized far-right groups with an actual policy agenda across a wide range of topics aren't involved. They are.

But what I'm saying is that there are two groups aggressively opposed: disadvantaged people; and the far-right organized groups. They're not the same thing.

That said, the conduct in that video is unjustifiable.

the far right in ireland is only a lefty imagination concept. Made up by the government & their propaganda machine. Yee want them to be seen as this massive class of people that are all racists and evil.

Sorry to break it to yee but Reality is the really far right group’s or people are a very small minority here.

The irony is that many people from these communities now smeared as "far right" have traditionally voted for left-wing / far-left parties in this country (and who will largely continue to do so).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Not quite bullsh*t, because while WE'RE chatting doing a clean up, funding for it and politics invariably come up. I've never met a supporter of Aontu, or the National Party, or any other fringe parties. However, when I lived in Bray I met a ton of Social Democrats. In Mayo where I live now, I met many Greens and Fine Gaelers doing it (there's a lot of FG'ers in mayo tbf).

Next time you're out with the community, doing a clean up, why don't you ask the ones doing it with you?

Post edited by Flaneur OBrien on

I mean you have been asked, how would you change it? There's an old expression I'm reminded of... if you can't put up, shut up.

It's not illusion of choice, it's democracy. Something you're obviously not a fan of

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No not at all. Its lazy on right wing extremists burning buildings to blame policy. It means they don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭suvigirl

So the far right are made up, but they're also a small minority 🤔🤔

This is a lazy way of justifying arson and other violent extremism

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

the far right in ireland is only a lefty imagination concept.

the really far right group’s or people are a very small minority here.

So, err, an imaginary minority?

Once again jumping in to try to deflect from far right thuggish behaviour with whataboutery.

Terry Pratchet

Just for clarification — do you think that merely holding the view that asylum seeker numbers should be controlled makes someone "far-right"?

Not going out and burning buildings, but someone who holds that view behind closed doors.

You have some cheek to ask for clarification when you never give any yourself when asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The poster you were responding to prior to this was justifying arson and a violent overthrow of the government. You can pretend you missed those posts but the reality is, you are more obsessed with claiming there is no far right.

The question I asked is legitimate, and it has an answer.

Do you have an answer to it?

Do you think that merely holding the view that asylum seeker numbers should be controlled makes someone "far-right"?

Do you have a clarification as to why you refuse to correct your misquoted sig?

Can you clarify what is the definition of fascism? As in, what is a definition of fascism that you'll accept?

Two legitimate questions you have been asked by more than one poster, which you have constantly ignored or refuse to answer. One time you tried to explain what fascism is by trying to explain how someone isn't a fascist, but you are smart enough to know the difference between what was asked and what answer you provided.

So yes, I find it very cheeky for you to ask people to clarify things when you constantly refuse and ignore. If this game of debate is to be played, there has to be rules. One of which is you should endeavour to engage open and honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The big parties have been in power for the entire time as they have always managed to get sufficient votes.

There is absolutely no voting system in the world that will overturn that; for the obvious reason that it would be undemocratic.

If you want a different type of political party - found one rather than complaining about "the system" when the system isn't the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Article in the Irish times today on how the gardai are concerned about the violent rhetoric from the far right and their overlap with criminality. Gardai are worried it will escalate to more violent acts which target those who assist refugees etc.

• Advertisement

My question isn't going unanswered because of my signature. That's merely an excuse.

It's going unanswered because people understand perfectly well the implications of my line of argument.

Advertisement