Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Pretty sure there is parking in the field across from the entrance. Looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭rubick

Yeah, they are a bit light on the details so far and with not long to go. We'll be travelling from Antrim so would be nice to know opening time, directions etc. According to the Facebook Event page gates open at 1pm on Friday afternoon but don't know if that's accurate. We're opted for the Cosy Camping so it's our own tent but looking forward to a cart to the camp site! Will bring our usual truck anyway just in case but can't see the campsite being huge with only 5,000 punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Also got the cosy camping. Could be 6pm by the time we get there so hopefully there's still plenty of room on the site.

I just used the Contact Form on their website to ask about a traffic plan/opening times. Let's see if we get anything back!

Yeah I don't want to drive there on Friday afternoon and to be stuck in traffic for hours and hours because I can't see how that tiny road will deal with all the people going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Would love to go on the Friday but alas, no day tickets.

Got a response! Further updates re: traffic/directions will be published on their website/mailing list closer to the festival, and gates will be open from 12pm Friday until 12pm Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Decorum

There are multiple routes off the N11 to Glendalough Estate in fairness. Keep and eye on google maps to avoid the traffic.

I see we have to pay for the car parks on arrival too. That's a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

They charged for parking at Life Festival years ago. Think a few other festivals did it too for a while. Yet they still won't guarantee the safety of your car!!! What exactly are we paying for then?!!!! 😡

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement

From the FAQs on the BTP website:

"What Is The Alcohol Allowance?

Campers can bring:

1 x Case (24 Cans) of beers

OR

2 x Bottles Of Wine

OR

1 x Litre of Spirits

Glass bottles & mirrors are not allowed.

There will be strict checks at the entrance to ensure the allowance is adhered to.

Responsible drinking is an important part of a great festival experience."

That's 24 cans per person, surely, rather than per tent? Make me wonder about the freeflow of the whole thing too. Will you be allowed to bring a few cans with you into the main arena like ATN, or will they search and remove like EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

They've released Sunday day tickets. 95e including camping which is handy. Also day by day breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FriendlySpider

Still seems really vague on info. We were thinking if we would go for the day or not but €199 for the two of us for the Sunday seems a bit steep especially when there are so many questions still.

Also don't know if it will pull the same crowd as BD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Toast

The FAQ still says there won't be day tickets so the last minute Sunday tickets going on sale seems very odd.

Might have found it difficult to shift the remainder. Sunflowerfest cancelled today citing poor ticket sales and rollover Covid debts. Body & Soul made a marketing decision to keep their line-up under wraps until punters arrived, can't help but think that the U-turn on that idea was down to poor ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jellybeano

Nah it’ll be a different crowd to BD I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Well the three headliners are more or less electronic music, so there might be that pull and the closeness to Dublin too.

Don't want to feel ancient in my 30s ha!

Yeah I'd say they are trying to shift tickets. Sure even Life discounted tickets in the days before and they were still selling them over the weekend.

Personally I think this festival isn't coming across as majorly organised, just from the lack of info.

Also on a separate note traffic will be a nightmare, that road is tiny. Say they will make it one way but still will be a pain.

• Advertisement

Used to be called BarnDance, its usually held on good Friday in the same location. It's a once day dance music "festival"

Well we've a 150 mile journey from Antrim to do before any potential traffic issues so we're hoping to get there for the gates opening if not before. We got lucky in the 2019 ATN debacle and were parked up for 10.30am but we were still a good couple of hours in the queue and wasps to get to the wristband exchange. That was a 20k+ festival though, the 5k capacity can't be as bad as that (can it...?!).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Say like other festivals they're finding it hard to sell. Only camping festival I think that's sold out is EP. Forbidden Fruit also sold out but not a camping one. Between higher cost of living, people abroad for holidays or other fests etc doesn't seem to be as much demand for festivals as other gigs.

Ah the traffic can’t be anything near as bad as Friday ATN 2019. Really looking forward to Friday’s lineup especially

so 24 cans each - can you just go back out to the car and get more later in the weekend? never been to an Irish festival before so I'm not familiar with these rules.

Dreading the traffic too, but it is only 5000 people, and we wont be getting there till about 5pm, maybe it'll have calmed down by there, or be at its peak... sure we'll see!

It's only craft beer as far as I know, I wonder how much they'll charge for a pint, I'd say 7 euro? 8?

Also if you're taking in special "medicines", do they search you for these kinds of things?

I'm really not sure if it's 24 cans each or per tent, it's one of the many things they are vague about in the run up. You'd hope it would be per person!

I'd say the craft beer (Whiplash) will be at least €7. You can't get it where I live, wouldn't mind tasting it before I go.

RE: Medications, I'd say normal procedures for entry apply so do what you normally do - although I'll admit that it's been many years since I've had that particular concern!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Relax folks, it's obviously 24 cans per person. There's not any festival that allocates drinks by the tent.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Adren

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Adren

Does anyone have any clue on what time the last acts will play each night?

• Advertisement

Impossible to have a definite answer at the mo. Stage times will probably be released a few days before the event. Usual festival type scheduling. Main area will close before smaller stages.

Post edited by jellybeano on

Advertisement