Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'Arcy's screw up of the day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ah Ray, says to the bake off guy

MY son aged Tom?

He's beyond awkward, it's embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Tom is the only one of his kids he mentions.

"Tom said this"

"Tom and I were ..... "

"We met before when Tom was learning to swim"

"Tom"

"Tom"

"Tom"

His other kid must think he feckin' hates her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Tow

Tom is also the drummer. Joe is the same, only talks about the daughter, hardly a word about the two boys.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

His daughter is a teenager. I can only imagine how embarrassed she must be by him. If he was my father I would insist that he never referred to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Dynomutt

This is exactly it. I remember a few years ago, he announced that Kate had forbidden him from talking about her on air. I think it was around time he shared one of his “zany” family stories about the children being allowed to go to McDonald’s for the first time. They were so excited about that once in a lifetime event, they were up half the night planning what they would order.

Anyone would be embarrassed to have that shared with the nation.

• Advertisement

Button Issue: Dead air for approx 20 seconds.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The gift that keeps on giving.

I heard it ! I thought I was out of batteries 😬😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Joking apart - is nobody producing this show? 20 seconds of dead air is a cardinal sin in broadcasting. Is there no level of crap that Ray can't get away with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Rte have to pay him the big money, or else his talent will be snatched away by the Beeb or another huge media organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Red Fred

"We'll take a break, 1 2, 1, 2." Silence and eventually "computer says No. You play it from out there".

Post edited by Red Fred on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Rays screw up of the year, inviting Brendan Kilkenny onto the show

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Ah er er it's not working here so can you play it from out there,

Yea no problem Ray it's not like you get a big wages,or there's any accountability at Rte

Given Ray's inability to press they right button, why don't they play it, and everything else, from out there every day. It would make the programme slightly less sh!t.

"Hello, hello . . . Computer says no". Then suddenly computer says yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,637 ✭✭✭archfi

And another week starts off with The Fool on the Hill fecking up the pressing of a button again.

'Computer says no. Ha ha ha. Oh, computer says yes and can take you by surprise; Ho ho ho ha ha ha'

I mean, FFS.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

'Mr Computer' to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

He is a twit of the highest order and the stupid laughing when things go wrong, about the cake recipe he makes a big laugh out of it when those who don't/can't use online text him to ask for it to be reread.

A bumbling clown is all he is.

No accountability so he'll carry on regardless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

He has to be refusing to let someone competent run the desk, cause there's no way he hasn't been asked, likely pleaded with, to do so by now

Do the contractors get charged for things like producers, researchers, etc?

I can only assume that tightwad Ray doesn't want to shell out for any ,(competent) minions to cover up for his mediocrity.

Didn't Jenny come over with him from Today FM? Was she given the heave-ho? Is Ray wotto rule?

Do the contractors get charged for things like producers, researchers, etc?

I can only assume that tightwad Ray doesn't want to shell out for any ,(competent) minions to cover up for his mediocrity.

Didn't Jenny come over with him from Today FM? Was she given the heave-ho? Is Ray working to rule?

I’d say he has made it his trademark by now. He used to DJ so I reckon he fancied himself at any console, and didn’t want any intruders taking over control, then his failures became his shtick.

Re Jenny’s services, she would be part of his company, not sure if she was an extra item on the invoice or came with the company fee for Ray Farcy Services Ltd or whatever it’s called.

Did he ever work solo as a DJ on the radio? He had quite the entourage with him at Today FM , no doubt covering for him and his inadequacies. Prior to that he was best known as straight man to a collection of sock-puppets and other varieties of upholstery. That was his apogee perhaps

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,637 ✭✭✭archfi

Prior to that he was best known as straight man to a collection of sock-puppets and other varieties of upholstery.

He was quite good at that!

Had the natural thickness required.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That would depend on the contract but usually no. Only if they are supplying a completed show would they cover those costs, e.g. Graham Norton sells his TV show complete to the BBC and So Television has to cover the costs.

That is rare if not unheard of in radio here

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Hard to imagine in RTE that there aren't several people working in the background on this show, researchers, producers, sound engineers etc. He often namechecks a couple of them, Niamh being one. Would be very interesting to know how many are on RTE's books for this sorry mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭batman75

I listened to the last section of his show on playback as I wanted to hear Ida Lenihan. She is a Newfoundlander who is over here. The section was essentially to talk about the Irish connection to Newfoundland. This is a topic which intrigues me. D'Arcy is simply awful. No real interest in the topic and got nothing informative from his guest via phone. She got held up in traffic hence the use of phone. Boggles the mind how he is paid so much by RTE. Hopefully the days of incompetence being grossly rewarded is coming to an end.

• Advertisement

He never shows any interest unless it is something he's interested in, His interviewing is brutal, it's all em, ah okay, won't deviate from the questions Infront no matter how interesting a point that the guests bring up woeful

Advertisement