Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'Arcy's screw up of the day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭Trampas

Anyone ever on blackboard jungle all them years ago? I wonder how many reshoots did they need to do a show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Tow

Faders 1, 2 and 3 have being swapped around, says Ray.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I had a bet with someone.. they told me Darcy has BSC in Psychology.

I said... That's impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He talks like he's eating...smack...smack...smack. Once you hear it you can't unhear it.

My advise is to just not listen.

Was this when he was talking about the Gaybo Special from the RTE Canteen?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I'm sorry to say, it's every day. Duffoon suffers from the boo-urps (over-indulgence), Arsey suffers from an over abundance of saliva every time he thinks of "purridge".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Darcy messes up the buttons again

Didn't bother practicing on his 4 weeks off.

Has Kevin listened to his show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Red Fred

I didn't hear the start of today's show but at the end of the 3 pm news Ray apologised to Ray Kennedy who was reading the news, so assume he gave the wrong newsreader's name out at 3 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Ray with another button malfunction today and about 5 seconds of dead air - before he introduced the news (so his programme hadn't even started before his first screw up of the day) 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

5 seconds of silence then Ray manages to press the correct button to speak.

He really is a grade-A Wally 🤐

Push the RED button Ray . The RED one.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And we wonder why he is so concerned about AI.

He knows an AI Dj wouldn't make so many mistakes, or be as boring.

Ray talking about dream jobs, says I'm actually in my dream job,

Course you are Ray, where you can mess up as often as you like and there's no consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Ray really should move to LBC. He would immediately be top dog there.

Their latest excuse after twenty seconds of dead air....."I'm really sorry, I think I may have hit the mute button with my face" 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Was actually on that, I was about 16, and he was by far the thickest person in the studio, George Byrne set the questions, a big man from Dublin, Shamrock Rovers fan, cool dude, used to be on TV a bit years ago, think he's dead a few years. 2 dollybirds backstage in a makeup room, and a couple of busloads of kids to cheer in the studio. Cheap and cheerful, Ray hadn't really got a clue, nice enough chap, nothing between the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

And the answer to your question, which won't surprise you was quite a few, was on it 5 times, dragged on a bit, I'd say 9 or 10 mistakes per episode, some minor ones were left in or we would still be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Best thing he ever did was Fix it Friday, everything after that was lifeless.

Re: this thread, no reports of any screw ups recently?

Is he getting more professional?

Thought is was dark in the studio, then realised the lights are not working.

Messed up the quiz again. Sorry, sorry sorry.

At the start of the show. Button difficulty, wanted someone to put a bit of card/paper with the number 3 on the controls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drserious4

Ray: So you're from Cork.

Emma O'Driscoll: No, Limerick.

R: Where did I get Cork from them?

E: (puzzled) I have no idea.

A few sentences later, Emma states that she was due to do an audition for the band 'Six' in Cork, although she eventually did it in Galway.

Ray: That must be where I got Cork from.

Good man Ray ! Screw up after screw up and it wasn't even. 5 past 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Are any of ye'forced to listen to this show against your will?

Spectacular ineptness, brought to you daily by Ray D'Arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Red Fred

"Can you hear that? It says it's working but it's not". Great start by Ray.

"Let me try that again, 'cos we have to get it working. <pause><pause><pause>. No, no good" 😂

Man is an idiot.

Laughing all the way to the bank of course.

Not a hint of embarrassment, messed up again 15 minutes later, no accountability at rte

Another one today, within about 10 seconds of the handover from the newsroom.

IV every one of the regular screwups were documented, this thread would be 100+ pages long.

It's so commonplace now it's a daily expectation

• Advertisement

"I messed it up there"

Advertisement