Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses - Marley Park - June 28

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

27 songs according to setlist, can't complain there!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

My first time seeing GNR. I was very impressed, very tight band. I had feared the worst with all I had heard about Axl's vocals, but he done a great job, sure he doesn't sound exactly like he did 35 years ago... But who does!? I'm not sure if he had a good night last night or what. But he was certainly committing to the vocals. All in all, a great gig. Don't Cry I guess was the only big hit left out, but they more than made up for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Same when they played at Slane! Don't Cry was the only big song of theirs they left out, I was so disappointed. Bit strange, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I was at the gig last night. The best way to describe it was pleasant. We were in the middle. Sound was very low. You could comfortably hold a conversation with the people beside you. I don't think you should be able to do that at a Guns N Roses gig. 3rd time seeing them. Axel had more good than bad moments. Loved his shoes!

All in all grand, but don't think I'd be rushing back to GnR again.

But the organisers and Marley park are a disgrace. it's only a matter of time before lives are lost the way it was managed. Complete shortage of stewards and security. Getting out was a mess. People jumping fences, opening fences and railings. A single young lad in a hi Vis trying to stop thousands of people from doing their own thing. And no one else near him.

Only for it was a mature crowd and a Tuesday night I think it turned out ok. I would hate to see a gig on a weekend where people have been drinking all day and mad to get out to continue the party. I honestly don't understand how Marley Park gets permits to hold concerts. Very limited transport/parking options and no organisation. It's definitely not a great option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Isn't longitude on in there this weekend? Could be a complete sh1tshow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Only for it was a mature crowd and a Tuesday night I think it turned out ok. I would hate to see a gig on a weekend where people have been drinking all day and mad to get out to continue the party. I honestly don't understand how Marley Park gets permits to hold concerts. Very limited transport/parking options and no organisation. It's definitely not a great option.

Thankfully there's not an urban music festival with a target group aged 17-25 on this weekend then .......

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Suppose there's no chance to buy the official Dublin merchandise now. Really liked the book of Kells style t-shirt but it was sold out when I tried to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Really enjoyed the gig I must say. Full set list (bar don't cry), vocals decent enough, nice crowd, good weather, solid underfoot and very few queues for anything (bar a bit of a bottleneck getting out).

Probably would have preferred a later start time, as you couldn't see a lot of the visuals in the bright sunshine, but that's a good complaint to be fair.

One thing I thought while watching was, did it look like Slash and Duff were ignoring Axl a bit on stage. Probably reading too much into it with the history!!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i love that quote, it was powerful at the time and and powerful to use again and again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

when it looked like axl was never comeing back i would have settled for slash duff and myles, however axl at his worst is a million times better in GNR than myles at his pitch perfect best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭billyhead

How was Slash last night? Was he at his usual best?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Shackler's Revenge >> Coma

On marathon coaches, great service to and from custom house. Couldn't fault it. Left during paradise City and one of their busses was waiting ready to go around 10:10.

It was a bit of a pain getting there but that was the fault of traffic and location.

Sound production was quite poor in comparison to Green Day who were louder and crispier

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

I had a great night last night but I cant believe nobody was complaining about the sound. The mix was completely off, I was on the right had side of the stage and Slash's volume and tone were WAY off. Richards guitar was fairly powerful and clear but he was completely drowning out Slash's guitar. In general the sound was very muffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Senature

Agreed. I also had a brilliant time but the sound was poor and at times it was horrendous. Could hardly hear the guitar for Welcome to the Jungle, should have been one of the highlights of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I was there.

It was a great show, I loved McKagans cover of the Stooges " now I wanna be yo Dog". They fairly rocked it up the first 2 hours, finished well. They played for 3 hours, not bad for a gang of aul lads.

The show was great.

It is a bit tight getting out of there, It could easily get moshy at those narrow front gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Why was it so early?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I wore my earplugs. Not sure why, in the end. It certainly wasn't to attenuate the sound from the band which was woefully low. It did help cut down on the incessant chatter from the randomers in the crowd, many who didn't shut the F up talking for 2 minutes straight.

The gig was good, not great. Setlist was long, could have trimmed a few fillers. Reckless Life and the A-sides of Appetite were a treat. Axl's voice isn't great, but he is 60. Slash's guitar was pretty low in the mix but the rest of the band rarely put a food wrong.

Have to say, Green Day worked the crowd better the night before. But all things considered, it was an enjoyable night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So people can get home I guess due to our medievel public transport system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

That crossed my mind but all the other gigs (eg RHCP last night) went 9pm - 11pm like normal

I live close by and was tempted to walk up after dinner until I heard Civil War from the back garden at 8.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Where were you standing? There was more people standing right beside the entrance where the sound was crap compared to right in front of the stage where it was perfect.

100%. We moved front and centre after a while and it was like a different gig. The sound system was not able to carry the sound towards the back or sides

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭overshoot

Coaches running was good bar the one I got to the gig with no air con 😅 I was glad for a pint!

Thought GnR were good (not slane good) but did have to move about the place to get a decent sound... Even at that, could not hear Fortis' solo for knocking on heaven's door (when they finally let him lead haha). Was in the pit for greenday and have to say sound was perfect. Heard much the same reviews for the chili's last night... Just couldn't do 3 trips to Marley in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,532 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Longitude target audience is generally under 18 at this stage. Most of them can’t afford to buy booze inside and tend to be very mellow at exit time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

What was the issue with London the sound?

Few clips I seen it sounded quite echoey? Or was it something else? Setlist seems a good bit shorter than rest of the tour

Advertisement