Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses - Marley Park - June 28

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Yup, so gates at 5pm, support at 6pm, 'It's so easy' kicking in around 7:30pm (ish). Taking a half day from work, so should have plenty of time for refreshments beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Phil Campbell and his b sons actually now added, opening the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Had a look at the setlist there. Will definitely pick up a ticket for this. Seems incredible. Especially the second half. Would be a struggle to get there at 7.30 thought. Wouldn't be too pushed on missing the first few - Its so easy and Brownstone. But do they really play from 7.30 to 10.30. Unusual for main headliner to play that early and for that long. I know Pearl Jam and Springsteen play long sets, but I don't think either of them hit the stage that early.

For me anyway I hope it is around 8.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

The 3 hour set length for this tour is coming from setlist.fm. They could be on 8pm to 11pm, but I'm not sure of the curfew for Marlay Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭kg703

If there is now 2 support acts Id say closer to 8pm start surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

I think they've been starting around 7.30pm on the European dates so far, would imagine Marlay Park has a strict 10.30pm finish, hopefully Axl doesnt pay too much attention! They tend to do a solid 30 songs per show, lot of songs 7+ mins. Can't wait

For people perhaps unaware Phil Campbell was the longest serving member of Motorhead after Lemmy when he replaced Robbo Robertson in 1984. Tour they are doing is awash with Motorhead classics so you probably don't need to know their own material even.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

What’s the story with refunding hard copy tickets?

going to buy a couple of them off somebody, don’t wanna get screwed, I presume once they are hardcopy they will be fine?

Unless the date on the tickets is '20 or '21 you'll not be entitled to a refund.

Yea I was just wondering , if someone got a refund for tickets they got hard copies of, if they refunded them would they still have the tickets.

• Advertisement

The tickets they have are the ones potentially for you surely, you have to send tickets on with barcode clearly scuppered making them invalid for refund to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I live beside Marley and very tempted to head over to see them on tuesday. But no ticketmaster resales available at the moment and am not tempted enough to spend €107 on one.

Will keep an eye and see if any cheaper ones become available. Otherwise I will be sitting in the garden with a beer, the sound from Marley and my imagination.

I've actually booked my bus without gig ticket but gonna keep an eye/wait until day, ticketswap have some for €80 at the mo they are plentiful! If I somehow need to pay face value I'll go to box office that will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

The concert was sold out when first went on sale now it seems only be half full

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I tried to resell my ticket on Ticketmaster but I didn’t sell. I can’t now go because due to the rescheduling due to the pandemic things have changed and for the next month on a Tuesday I’ve got to be in work for what could be important going forward as it involves working with an area manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The buzz for the return of the classic lineup has waned a bit and then the delay for this tour due to the Covid. Setlist is not much different from the NITL Tour

No doubt it will be a great night but for the moment I'm happy with seeing them in London in 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭thebourke

I've a spare golden circle for sale..missus can't go now..pm if interested..I'm going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The weather looks awful 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

First concert was supposed to be a Saturday night. A very different proposition, especially given the crap location. Its a nice spot but the more I think about it, its not a good venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,532 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Could be worse - likely to be mucky underfoot though.

• Advertisement

Never been to Marlay park.

looks like a washout is possible ,

Wellies needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

I saw them 3 times on the NITL tour and I think I have a fair few left in me before I start getting bored of it! Making up for lost time maybe😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Was looking forward to this but had to sell tickets in work ..hard to get babysitter on a Tuesday night. Hope those going enjoy and report back!

More on ticketswap now than have sold cheapest 50ish at mo, toutless 60ish for some up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

I have 2 tickets and can’t go now due to a work thing. If you’d told me when I bought the tickets pre covid I’d miss GNR for a work gig I’d have laughed at you as I was a huge fan in my teens, but I’ve no choice. I have them up on Adverts for €100 for the pair but I may end up giving them away to a work mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I don't know if it'll work, but as it's been rescheduled you're theoretically able to get a refund. Worth a look

Credit to Exclamation Marc in the general gig thread...

"Just make sure you go to the My Events page and find the event and select Need Help With This Order. Then select I'd Like Help With This Order and then Request to Refund or Exchange Tickets"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Not always the case. I have my original 2020 hard copy ticket for the gnr gig and have been refunded for it. I was not asked to physically invalidate the ticket to get the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s gonna be big big rain. A bit like November rain except in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

Thanks a million for this. I’ve done that. Hopefully that’ll work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

Lads I've a Gold Circle ticket that I paid €160 for back in 2019 that I'm trying to sell as can no longer go. It's a hard ticket so happy to meet up just about wherever to have it taken off me hands! See them going for €110-€120 on TicketSwap but I'm definitely open to negotiation.

Apologies if this sort of post isn't allowed but I've gone into panic mode realising the feckin concert is Tuesday!!

Advertisement