Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses - Marley Park - June 28

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

In the words of Johnny Lydon….”…have you ever got that feeling of been ripped off”

Axl has had more costume changes than Diana Ross ,ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PMSL.........How's his voice holding up?

His voice is shot!!!

I hope they split after this tour. It's been Axl's vanity project for way too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

Totally wrong his voice was great ,best I ever seen him sing .was unreal gig

• Advertisement

Better than 30 years ago?? Doubt it very much.

Bon Jovi shot or bad but just not Bon Jovi bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I blagged myself a golden circle wrist band and was nicely near the front. I loved the gig. 3 hours of great songs. Sure his voice is not what it was but he hit the notes. Best gig I have been to in a few years.

I remember back about 10-15 years ago now you'd get an email from MCD for a "competition" to win tickets. I had some luck winning tickets, mostly to the ambassador and smaller venues. Off the top of my head we saw Fountains of Wayne, Goo Goo Dolls and and some others for free and the place half empty.

Someone sent me a picture there, It's been a few years since I lived in the area and have been in the park or to a gig there but the stage is to the west side as opposed to being either up at the house or down the back towards the mountains ? From memory the park slopes a little down from the house to the far end so people would be standing off camber ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Thought it was great , first time at the venue, wouldn’t be a fan of it, got a free pair of gold circle wrist bands on the way in , tired to get to the front but not a hope, was thinking axl would be late , but they were bang on 7pm and we were sitting near the entrance having food and beer.

slane was a lot better, but still great to see them again.

sure axl voice is shot in some of his range but he can still scream the high ones.

It was like a cash in concert,his voice is just spent,a good lot of the classics was covered in fairness,Myles Kennedy does a far better job of doing the Guns N Roses songs when touring with Slash…

Looking forward to Alter Bridge later this year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I enjoyed it, weather was great, got a taxi walking to milltown( planned on getting the luas), flagged it down on the side exiting Marley Park.

Axels voice wasn't great but fine for the slower numbers like Patience.

Thought the end was a bit abrupt but snagged a taxi after 20 mins walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

His voice was really good actually. The weakest link was the drummer. One mounted tom and more reverb than a church.. Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Enjoyed it myself. Laughed a few few times at his voice (what ya gonna do he's getting on), and the bad shots of his shoes.

Thought the setlist was absolute dogshit though. Too much dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Coma is a terrible song. Worst part of the night when they played it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Thought the vocals on Back in Black here quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jimbob93

Was there any issues with long queues on grange road going into the concert this evening?

• Advertisement

It's an epic song on Use your illusion 1

Are u serious

Myles is good but he is no Axl Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

@jimbob93 No issues from us, but it was around 18:45 when we arrived, basically walking pace through

Disagree there..... f@!in great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Great show. Weather was great! Not my fav songs but enjoyed it anyways. Reckless and rocket queen prob my faves. Chilled at the back with some beers and had a blast. Left just after Coma as there’s 3 songs or so left and had a drink in the pub down the road before heading home. Nice enough evening and zero fuss or hassle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭DaSchmo

Good gig - glad to say we didn't experience any of the issues from Monday night either, queue in was fast as anything I've been to. We also left before the encore had finished and again breezed out and got straight on one of the pre booked marathon coaches and got the luas home, no issues thankfully. Hope everyone else got on well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wow. You're way of the mark there. Brilliant song.

Out of curiosity, what song of theirs would you rate as good so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

there's a funny little video taken by Chad Smith as he was sitting right by the side of the stage..he seemed to enjoy it 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Axl be a bit stiff today I’d say.

Advertisement