Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It will affect the resale more than the main sale imo. As you say it's still a small amount up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

did anybody try for coach tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Nope. For first time in 10 times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

We got in, Bristol Return.

Seetickets site crashed. Went live at 5.59pm for some reason. We'd got straight in, entered all our details and picked a coach but the submission button didn't work.

Got back in and kept going even after it said all tickets allocated. Got Bristol return at about quarter past six. Confirmation email at 6.24pm. There seems to have been some Shennanigans on the Seetickets back end - don't give up if you see it's sold out. But you all know that anyway.

Good to hear someone got in. Yeah, one of our party got in but crashed before entering CC details. Oh well. Sunday morning so. Good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

sorry double post

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

May I ask what type of card you used and from what bank?

I see a lot of people in the UK had issues with Halifax and NatWest app verification.

We have an Aib (visa) and Boi (master card) credit card so want to ensure we use something tried and tested 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i dunno why I try this every year

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got in twice this morning - at 9:04am and 9:16am.

Card payment dodgy second time around, but a few rogue refreshes sorted it.

Hope others were as lucky!

• Advertisement

Bloodbath, nothing from our group of 15 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Didn’t even get past the holding page but another member of our group in the UK got our tickets.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭TenPicnics

No joy for our group, stuck in holding page purgatory. Spring re-sale it is so.

Got past the holding page AFTER they were all gone. Well sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

No luck here. Oh well.. We go again in the resale! Don't give up. A few here, including myself got them last year in the resale.

Me and group are sorted. One of the girls got through a good 10 or 15 mins after they said it was sold out. Absolute madness, too much for a sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Stuck refreshing holding page on 2 laptops for nearly an hour.

Finally got through after they announced that they'd sold out. Kept going and then had an error telling me that the security code was wrong. Reentered it twice before I realised that it was the expiry date that was wrong. Put in correct date and bagged 3 tickets for myself, daughter and brother.

Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Layne

No luck here. Its the hope when you reach the holding page that kills you. Will not give up though, resale it is. Will make it to the hallowed ground of Glastonbury some day.

Resale in April! I think it'll be easier this year because they jacked the price up quite a bit.

I got through the the details confirmed page and hit proceed to go to the payment page and then it crashed.

• Advertisement

Yeah that was happening a lot as per usual with Seetickets infrastructure bursting at the seams, it's a pity they can't use a different ticketing company. I got on to the holding on a tablet connected to my phone hotspot but never saw the ticket page. My desktop connected to the house wifi got zilch as usual. I'm convinced it works better on a mobile connection, every year people seem to have better luck that way.

Had a wedding that weekend and thought I was happy to give it a miss but after my friends got tickets major FOMO set in. As much as I ranted about it above, it really is a great festival

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I didn't get through myself, but tickets sorted for me by others. :)

18 out of 24 got tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Oour group had no joy either. Disappointed but not a lot you can do

The least disappointed Ive ever been not getting tickets. Loved parts of this year but was far too busy. If thats the standard from now on Ill be going the odd year as opposed to every year. Assuming I can get tickets obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Last year was our first and loved it, didn't have an issue with the numbers as I had no previous experience with it.

Last year definitely felt busier. But if you like live music and festivals there isn't anything else quite like it. Next year will be my 5th on the trot and I'll try for tickets every year, I plan to keep going for as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Last year was my sixth.. and was ready to call it quits...

.. and then just when I thought I was out..

Ye probably know the rest!

Yeah even at £335 its incredible value for money. Ill be trying in the resale but wont be quite as devestated as Id imagine I wouldve been in previous years. Ive never not got a ticket.

• Advertisement

I found last year though. Couple of years off and one of us had a flag (he can carry it himself totally if we ever get tickets again. Spent too long waiting for an (dare I say it) underwhelming McCartney. Plus, I got rubbish earplugs with a little hard insert in them. Was afraid that they would damage my ears so kept waking up. Due to some trees and hedges being cut, could hear every bit of Arcadia as if it was just near us.

Will still try for resale and upset we didn't get tickets but not as upset as I would have been earlier.

I am happy that so many here got them though. Congrats

Advertisement