Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian warship, go f**k yourself!

Options
1118119120121122124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭jmreire

How low can you get…. more anti Ukrainian Bullcrap from you Yosemite….I lived in that part of the world, (and especially Russia) it was common practice when at the doctors or in a hospital, you or your relatives would be given the prescription, and told go to the market and get the items listed. So, nothing low or underhand about giving medics cash, as you make it out to be. Have a good look at one of the Hospitals in St. Petersburg, and an infectious diseases hospital at that, and you will see what I mean. When you measure everything, you see relative to Ireland, especially in a war zone, as sure as hell, you will make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

"The head of a VLK in Chernivtsi’s regional hospital was arrested for allegedly demanding $500 from a wounded vet to arrange disability benefits. A hospital deputy head in the region was allegedly asking for the same, for similar services. In Kirovohrad Oblast, a surgeon is suspected of charging Hr 40,000 (about $1,000) for a negative combat fitness verdict.

Some doctors’ appetites didn’t appear to stop there. The head of a garrison VLK in Khmelnytskyi was accused of charging $5,000 to mark a service member unfit for duty. One doctor allegedly tried to charge for the same $4,000 in Poltava Oblast; another one was arrested in Kyiv after reportedly trying for $3,000"

You obviously didn't read the article. These are the simple things for Ukrainians to distinguish themselves from the Russians on. Wounded soldiers having to pay bribes to be marked as unfit for service. This isn't normal in the West.

Eastern European countries benefitted from the large surpluses generated by mainly Germany . Germany's surpluses won't be as strong into the future because heavy industries have been hit so hard without abundant cheap energy. What EU economy is currently generating large surpluses to Syphon off to Ukraine? Sort this out and then yeah we can absorb Ukraine without breaking stride.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Doing it yet again.

Nitpicking individual cases to paint a negative view of Ukraine at any and every opportunity.

Do you expend the same amount of effort highlighting the negatives of Russian occupation and war? Nope. Not even close.

Paints a very clear picture.

No, not so much in the west, but for sure it's perfectly normal in Russian Culture, the very same culture that Ukraine is trying to escape from. None of which detracts from what I said about hospitals and doctors giving prescriptions to either the patients themselves or their relatives and friends to fulfil. I know, because I've gone to the medical markets and bazaars myself with prescriptions to be filled.

Oh, BTW, in a previous post (3692) I forgot to include the link to the St. Petersburg infectious diseases hospital. Here it is.

Perhaps you would care to comment on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭older by the day

I didn't watch that video, as twitter or x or whatever is very unreliable. Two years ago on this thread, they were laughing putting up pictures of all the Russian tanks stuck in the mud. And saying that Russia were finished and you would be eaten alive here if you said otherwise.

It costs a million a month in Ireland to feed Ukrainian cats, and you want the hole country to join the EU. I think the day of the Irish walk overs are coming to an end.

Between asylum seekers, Ukrainians and our own ethnic minority, the Irish tax payer is getting shiit sick of it

Except for her, she's great

https://www.rte.ie/sport/athletics/2024/0428/1446116-adeleke-runs-landmark-wind-assisted-time-in-texas-win/

I'm pretty sure that there's a specific thread here on Boards for immigration / migration other but related issues. Dito sprinters' breaking records. But I'm replying to comments on Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

There's literally hundreds of posts in this thread about Russia and it's corruption, abuses etc. But the vast majority of them are from highly unreliable Twitter sources, often just made up.

Anyone remember the mobile crematorium that was supposed to be following the army around?

Turned out to be a video that predates the war of a waste processing machine..

Post from reliable media sources, even Ukrainian sources and it's just dismissed as anti Ukrainian nitpicking if it doesn't favour Ukraine in it's analysis.

A country is being illegally, wrongfully and brutally invaded in Europe, and you, a European make every effort to criticise that country and it's leadership. And make nothing but excuses for the invaders.

You're being a bit dramatic. Dumping an odd link isn't exactly putting in effort I also haven't been making excuses for Russia.

The problem with all the discussion on this is is that the truth seems to be an enemy of Ukraine. If things are going bad for them it seems as though we're not supposed to say, we're also supposed to ignore all their corruption and just blame it on Russia and the same for integrating ukraine with the EU. Just believe the hype and forget about reality even if it will cost us in the long-term.

• Advertisement

I'm well aware of what the situation in UKraine is. Its bloody dire, and no mistake about it, for sure. The situation has been bad for Ukraine since even before 2014. And it's not just Ukraine. it's any country that has had the misfortune to have sampled Putin's Russki Mir. So, what do Ukrainians do? Lie down and reward Putin for his ill-gotten gains? And allow him to commit genocide with the Ukrainian people? Because that is what he is planning, the total elimination of everything Ukrainian. their culture, history and their People Hè has already started on the cultural aspect of it by kidnapping hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian children and brainwashing them into accepting Russian culture. And death awaits thousands more. So yes, it's bad in Ukraine, but if they stop fighting, it will get many times worse. There are no choices, Putin has to be stopped once and for all. Now why don't you do an indepth article about just how bad it is for Russians, just for balance? Because I can tell you this much, ordinary Russians are paying a horrendous price for Putins mad dream, even if info is highly censored on the Russian side.

You don't want Ukraine to join the EU, okay.

But it's the endless, continual, repeated "concern" and crticism of Ukraine that goes with it, always oddly in line with stuff we hear from the Kremlin.

Some people are critical of Ukraine, but it comes from a good place. Of support.

Yours isn't.

Post edited by Dohnjoe on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Good loser

Yes Yosemite. Better not to post atall than put in the stuff you're supplying. The 'accuracy' you insist on sending in can be done without; if people want it they can go to the Russian propaganda sites.

What have I been postIng that is not accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭green daries

That all really can be easily explained by companies greed in moving on mass to the most corrupt and most murderous country in the world instead of to Eastern Europe . That was supposed to be the next phase that manufacturers would have set up in Eastern Europe but they skipped it in favour of China..........purely for greed reasons. No other .China has nothing going for it except cheap labour. It is extremely resource poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

If Ukraine wants to hold onto what ground it currently has it needs a change of president and start recruiting 18 year olds. Surely if the west wants it can out supply the Russians when it comes to shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭older by the day

I have children, I wouldn't be advising any parents to let 18 year old join any army, even if the Russians were sailing in to bantry Bay. The most of people who have died in wars are in unmarked graves.

War weariness is a real thing. would think the best Ukraine can do, is have a stalemate situation on its Eastern border.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

The last thing they need is 18 year old cannon fodder. Many 18 year olds are not men. They’d be a liability on the field.

It's hard to see it happening that the EU would ever take this production back. If anything the goal is to push even more production outside of the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The EU are actively trying to bring production back in house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Most countries recruit at 16/17. There was 16 year olds serving in the north here not so long ago. The average age English lads killed in Afghanistan was something like 22.

Production of what? Agriculture, chemicals, metals and lots of other manufacturing doesn't seem to interest Europe very much. They don't seem too concerned to support and protect these sectors.

Yes that was the goal a global hegemony of joy peace love good will freedom of expression.................ohhhhh wait no no no ya it was DEFINITELY only the greed of big corporations that were behind that push it may be hard to see them take back manufacturing .but Ukraine and certain other countries in that region haven't got rid of there's yet and have the skill set. Most of the baltic countries and former users states also gave these skill sets but I actually think there going to take the Irish skilled jobs. If China doesn't change path then it's done as a country for the cheap manufacturing of consumer goods India Turkey Pakistan even larger parts of Africa could be used instead also would shorten our supply chain. There's change a coming an where everyone is going to sit when the dust settles nobody knows

I don't think skillset is a limiting factor. It's more long-term investment in key areas that are low return and can't compete with imports that don't need to follow the same regulations as well as pay higher labour costs.

If Europe made it clear that it was going to make sure these sectors would be protected things would level off very quick and start to move in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Production of crap that's imported, namely critical stuff and not the plastic shite we as a civilisation we love. Get onto your favourite search engine and read all about "Reshoring" in the EU

Europe take time to move on issues like this but I think they've given or are giving kinda final warnings to China as regards there direction and there dumping of certain commodities into the European market. China are in the soup as regards the economy if it was anyway normally regulated it would have gone boom 💥

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The thread getting a bit off course here, let's get it back On-topic. Thanks.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

At 3.20 AM last night, a huge plane flew over our house. We're near enough to Shannon Airport. It literally shook the whole house. Woke everyone up. Last time that happened, the plane was in complete darkness and was around the start of the Ukraine war. US military is my guess.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Advertisement
Advertisement