Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW 27 Transfer Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Yikes.

Double City attack might be off the cards so.

Walker and Cancelo double up at the back maybe an option, then Mahrez as the City attacker?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,155 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd be inclined to go Mahrez & KDB if going for 2 attackers.

With the defence, maybe Laporte is an option for the 2nd defender because of his potential attacking returns from set pieces? IIRC Chelsea were bad at set pieces under Lampard. With the next game being a cup game, maybe that's the game when Ake & Stones play?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭shmeee

Dias not in FFScout_Luke predicted City lineup, we don't know what Pep may do but Luke is good at predicting the lineup (He's been predicting 9.5/10 outfielders this season on avg from City.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ5brNmZ1OE&t=1303s

*Ps 13.05mins mentioned if Grealish and Jesus fit...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If anyone here is on Fantasy Football Fix could they do me a favour and put this team of 9 in and report the expected points

Dubravka

Saiss Cancelo

Ramsey Son Bowen

Weghorst Broja Jiminex

Looks like a disaster to me but would be good to know what it could score

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

• Advertisement

I'd love to but can't afford KDB & Mahrez as well as having the rest of my team.

I have a feeling he might not. He's started 6 in a row and might be a sacrificial lamb after the defeat last week.

My last decision is down to which blanking player to sell for Ben Mee.

Tierney or Robbo.

Both have doubles upcoming in GW29, and would rather keep them but needs must. Arsenal have the nicer GW28 fixture so that makes me more tempted to keep Tierney, and also if I sell Robbo, this then frees up a 3rd Liverpool spot and can use the funds to do Coutinho -> Jota / Diaz in GW29 instead.

So therefore I'm thinking of selling Robbo for Ben Mee with the plan of replacing him with an attacker really. Is this a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

On a Free hit and I'm down to the following choice:

Pope, Laporte and Sancho

Or

Forster, Tarkowski and Sterling

Rest of the team is:

Cancelo, Mee, Son, Mahrez, Bruno, Broja, Kane and Weghorst.

Any opinions??

• Advertisement

Robertson all day for me.

He's in great form and in a much better defence for potential CS.

I like Tierney but the last 2 games showed up Arsenal for me how they can concede stupidly and in no way can you guarantee a CS with them.

I'd prefer Roberston attacking over Tierney too, marginally.

Pope, Laporte, Sancho. Very high ceiling there. Basically 3 starters over 1 is it vs Sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Have two free hits and a wildcard left.

Current team: Sanchez (Foster)

TAA, Cancelo, Coady, White, Digne

Salah Bruno Pogba Bowen Luis Diaz

Dennis (Watkins, fodder)

Could make two FT: Watkins -> Broja & Diaz -> Son which would leave me with 10 starters.

or play FH and go with

Pope (Foster)

Roberts Cancelo Bednarek (Williams, fodder)

Son, Mahrez, Sterling, Bruno (Gilmour)

Broja, Weggy, Kane

Thoughts? Feel like there will be better opportunities to use my FH in bigger DGWs towards the end of the season, no?

Thanks Fitz. Yeah 44 points not great. 3 hours from deadline and I still dont have a clue what Im doing. Probably should free hit but thinking it might be more valuable elsewhere, decisions, decisions

Think if I do just a single transfer I'll lose Tierney and get a Burnley defender, could reverse it in a week as well. That would give me 10 playing 12 games so might mitigate the loss somewhat.

Your team ain't the worst after the 2 FT. But lack of Burnley in a DGW and City Mid's are the obvious ones missing you could say. The up front triple up of Kane, Weg and Broja is the FH front 3 on nearly all teams I've seen.

I'm just all in for a FH this GW especially when you've 2 x FH left. I've 8 players this GW and now only 6 may start due to injuries etc. So I have no other option but to FH but it was my plan all along and if I had 8/9 players fit, I would be still FHing as missing the players I want this GW.

Anyone know who is the most nailed on United defender but I don't want Maguire, so left with Dalot, Shaw or Telles as a punt? One place I am finding it hard to fill in on FH here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone with one free hit left?

I TC last week so WC, 1 FH and BB left.

Was tempted to just make two transfers this week Salah -> Son and King to Weghorst. (would do Bruno --> Salah next week)

Seeing the FH teams full of Mahrez, Kane and Sterling is beginning to scare me though. Half tempted to FH this week now. Am I mad....

Johnson to Mee / Tarkowski or Saiss?

Foden to JWP?

One would be a -4, both would be a -8.

Or just stick???

JWP will be coming in for Foden or Bowen next week. And I wanted to get Saiss for his double. So if I stick itlll be a -4 next week anyway

Original plan was to go Johnson -> Saiss for a -4 to get Xi players but really thinking of going Foden to JWP this week in preference to Saiss.

Any help or guidance he great

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

2 questions

What are the chances that Cornet plays both games ?

And was Dalot dropped or just rested last week?

Not sure on Cornet but Dalot was dropped as such.

Rangnick played Lindelof midweek RB which doesn't exactly shine brightly on AWB or Dalot. I wouldn't bank on either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,440 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Would ye go Walker and KDB over Cancelo and Sterling? Afraid of a Sterling benching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

The big question for me is Fernandes and Sancho, or Mahrez and Sterling. Who do you go for?

Just did Tierney to Mee and going to save the free hit. Fully expecting a red arrow but will hopefully make up for it later. Will still have 12 games from 10 players rather than 14 from 11 if free hitting

My FH team is changing by the min, fear of the city Mids as only so far I have Gun in my FH draft as went Bruno, Sancho and Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Happy with my FH team all day but starting to doubt myself now

Might fiddle about for a bit...not sure about Coutinho tbh.

Edit: if I ditch Coutinho for a cheapie I can then get Bruno (instead of Sancho) and play Broja in a 3-4-3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Currently on this FH team. Not a fan of going double city attack especially after Pep saying Grealish & Jesus are ready today. I fancy JWP and Broja against Norwich and it allows me to have Ramsey on the bench in case Sterling is benched.

Pope

Mee, Cancelo, Maguire

Son, Bruno, Sterling, JWP,

Kane, Broja, Weghorst (C)

Bench: Ramsey, Amartey, Tsimikas

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Feck sake, wildcard team didn't save properly and had to try do last min again but as I hit save it went to the game is updating page...have 3 Arsenal/3 Pool along with couple probable none starters...ah well

To try make you feel better, it's probably not the worst GW to not have the WC hi through. GW28 could end up being a good GW to WC in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement