Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW 27 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 22-02-2022 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭

Quick turnaround to the mini blank GW, with the deadline on the Friday evening. There are midweek games being played up until Thursday in GW 26.

I'm sure there will be lots of FH being played in GW 27, especially with players that still have their 2 FHs.

With a lot of people owning multiple Liverpool / Arsenal / Chelsea players, there will be a few struggling to get 11 playing players also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Moura out, Ward-Prowse in.

Tempted to use free hit as ive only 1 sub to play but i will hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Will bank and play with 10 if Chelsea v Arsenal gets rescheduled for GW28. If not I'll probably do Saka to JWP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Loving the JWP shouts!!!

Foden or Bowen to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Probably just gonna take a -4 and give myself a guaranteed 11. Want to keep my 2 free hits a little longer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I only have 9 this GW so will have to take a hit if I want to field 11.

Thinking of a Burnley defender in for the double to bring me up to 10 players (12 games because I'd have 2 DGW players), or maybe even Salah -> Bruno / Sterling for a hit to try and match the FH sides / makes some gains. That would bring me up to 13 potentially. I'd only lose 0.1 by selling Salah and buying him back a week later, but also a FT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Used my first free transfer on getting in Weghorst for Edouard. Cornet and Weghorst Burnley double up is something I did not expect to take a punt on but might roll the second free transfer to change this situation fairly fast if it is not earning my team points.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Same, hard to see mega gains this week using fh, have 10 currently playing so -4 and a fh for later on, something about Burnely playing twice doesnt fill me with confidence

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 11 including Dalot and Edouard, but no bench.

Will probably bring in Weghorst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 11 this week but planned to move Jota to JWP and have Dennis 1st sub. Have Jota a long time so would cost .4 extra to get him back for DGW. Maybe Dennis to Broja is a better idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Presume you'd want Dennis for DGW28 though? I wouldn't sell him until after that personally. Jota could be out for a month for all we know, personally I'd sell him for someone that has a game this week and a double in 28 (like JWP) then if he's fit and firing by 29 potentially reverse that transfer. Chances are he'll be down around 8.2 by then anyway. Obviously this depends on how tight for cash you are too!

• Advertisement

Broja:

NOR, avl, NEW, WAT in the next 3 GW’s.

Weghorst:

cry, LEI, CHE, bre in the next 3 GW’s

As I’m not FH over these weeks then I much prefer Broja over these 4 then Weghorst.

Weghorst is also playing with an injury - which is never good!

A lot of people going with Burnley defenders - again for the double up but I’m looking at a Wolves defender (Saiss) who although doesn’t have a good GW27 fixture on paper (whu) follows up with a good DGW of CRY, WAT. Wolves definitely play GW30 where as Soton & Burnley are still a potential

————-

Bowen or Foden are coming out the following week & I’ll be going with JWP all depending.

I was really tempted to WC this game & have full compliments for 27,28,29 but my team is well setup to navigate these (hopefully)

I'm starting to talk myself out of FH30 and just going into that GW with 6 or 7 players. Maybe 8 players with a hit.

If I do that, players like Raphinha become more attractive now, but he is nit guaranteed of starting or playing 90 at the minute. Players like JWP become attractive too, as he a chance of playing that GW, along with having a nice fixture list including a DGW coming up.

But I have MIDs and need DEFs. Livramento is the first candidate here but he is not guaranteed minutes either. Newcastle have nice fixtures a double DGW. But their DEFs are not exactly trustworthy and Trippier is injured. Burnley have a nicer DGW with more to come, possibly a game in GW30 also, so I think they are probably a better pick here.

I'm currently thinking of the MID transfer of Salah -> Bruno / Man City which would mean owning Salah for DGW26, one of (Bruno/Sterling/Mahrez) in BGW27 and then back to Salah for DGW28. That covers the premiums across the double & blanks.

But then if I do chose to FH GW30, this strategy is probably a bit of a waste.

There’ll be no clean sheets in those 4 GW30 games so if that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,235 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have the bare 11 players but 1 of them is Reguilon so I'll have to use at least a transfer. Have both FH's but will probably hold unless I get a few flags

As a Ramsdale, Sa, Kilman & Tierney owner, this doesn't sound good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

In the same boat myself but the problem is I dont want to sell any of triple Arsenal or Liverpool before they double. Not sure what Im going to do as I feel the free hit chip might be better used in DGW36 and Im pretty certain of using one in BGW30. Any of the free hit teams I see are tripling up on Burnely, I already have Weghorst but not really keen on getting Mee and Pope on top on a free hit. People also going triple City away to Everton, Im not sure thats going to be the goal fest some are thinking and then the Pep rotations risks on top too. So trying to figure out how much just playing 9 players this week would get me compared to putting out a free hit team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Don't know whether to go boring and bring in Livramento for Duffy given his three favourable fixtures upcoming, or upgrade to JWP from Martinelli, who'll have blanked three games in a row by the end of this GW. Already have Broja, and as it is I will have no outfield sub and am churlish to dispense of Coutinho, Bowen, Bruno or Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I am leaning towards being a bit boring and holding my free hit for another time (have both and will prob play one in GW30)

Had planned to get Burnley players, The Spurs 2 and a couple of City in the Free Hit. But Spurs should again showed tonight that they can’t be trusted and I’m not too badly set for this weekend.

Thinking of a -4 for

Salah to Son or Mahrez

Maupay to Weghorst

This will leave me with 2 Burnley (have Tarkowski) and all going well 11 starters. Already have Bruno, Broja, Cancelo with decent fixtures. I’ll get Salah straight back in for the following week and hopefully break even this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Lowton losing his place is SOOO annoying. Need to take a -4 now. Will likely WC week after.

Salah+Lowton to Son+Pieters/Mee

or

Salah+King to McNeill/JWP+Kane

Post edited by sheroman01 on

Who are your other defenders. Do you have 3 that will play?

id be leaning towards JWP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Son & Kane didn't have a great audition last night for my FH team this week.

I know it's Leeds but it's also Spurs..

Will we get Spurs v Man City or Spurs v Burnley?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Fair enjoyable not seeing the Watford duo in my GW27 FH team, only problem is they are back the week after!! King has been a disaster, Dennis getting pts this GW at least was something. WC could be active in 28 so....

I have 2 x FH's so will play one, have only 8 active and that includes Gray a doubt and will only be 2pts away to City if even.

Like all FH teams it will be similar.

Anyone who already has Spurs, Burnley and City assets I think will get away this GW with FT's etc.

It's going to be interesting, 2 big GW's back to back for movement up or down the ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

I dont think Im in a terrible position for the next couple of gw (have my 2 free hits left)

Week 27

Forster (Ramsdale)

Pieters Cancelo (VVD) (Tierney) (TAA)

Bowen Couthino Son (Salah) (Saka)

Jiminez Broja Werghorst

I am thinking Saka -> JWP and VVD -> Digne/Saiss for -4

Leaves me then with the below:

Week 28

Forster(D) (Ramsdale)

Cancelo Digne(D) Tierney TAA (Pieters)

Couthino(D) Son Salah JWP(D) (Bowen)

Jiminez(D) Broja(D) (Werghorst)

Not sure though as Id like to have another City player and more Wolves coverage. Thoughts on Digne or is Villa too risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Begrudgingly took a -8 as I want to hold the 2 FHs: Gray, Saka & Dennis to Mahrez, JWP & Broja

Are Pieters and Roberts the two new preferiti at Burnley now. I can definitely not worry about Lowton and Taylor coming back in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have plumped for JWP in for Martinelli.

Any advice for my starting back three out of Mitchell (vs Weghorst who I have), Duffy (vs Coutinho who I have), Ait-Nouri (doubled up with Sa vs Bowen), plus Ben Davies (leaky Spurs vs leakier Leeds)? Provisionally Mitchell-Duffy-Davies so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have constructed a fairly templatey FH team....

Final decision boils down to:

Bruno + Foden

Or

Sterling + Sancho

Something of a meaningless conundrum that will occupy most of tomorrow before I inevitably choose the absolute worst option

Can you afford Mee. He’s nailed on & Leicester are awful at set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I'd say so yea. Dyche rarely changes a winning team. Since they've come in Burnley have kept 4 clean sheets out of 6 and only conceded twice. In those 6 games they've faced Arsenal, Spurs, United and Liverpool so they weren't particularly easy games. Barring injury they should be nailed.

• Advertisement

Oh, I think you'd be too expensive for me Chesty!

Advertisement