Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW 27 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'd go Sterling & Sancho but it's close.

The above both in good form, Sancho a nice differential and wouldn't trust Foden.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I havent seen Everton play lately, are they facing a 4 or 5 nil hockeying in that fixture? iirc Gordon is on red hot form and then DCL poses a danger. I cant see anything but a City win but I could see Everton taking the clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I don’t actually. So makes sense to bring in Mee and Son.

I have a good feeling about Kane though vs. Leeds. Great captain option too. With King yellow flagged, I could bring Kane in for him + bring in JWP and just play with 10 players (and hope Lowton gets some mins, I’d have 11 then).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Will do Saka and Antonio to Mahrez and Weghorst for a hit and captain one of them.

Relying on Dalot Reg Cancelo

No hedge on Burnley D as I've Maddison.

Not feeling the FH even though I've two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

My FH was get 7 attacking players I wanted then squeeze in the rest. With the cheap defence as a result I ended up drawn to a Burnley double up. If I knew Coufal was good to go I'd have him over Dawson. Still not sure if I need to shoehorn City defence in with Ederson. I'm suspicious what Pep might change defensively after their previous game. Also I'm definitely short when it comes to back ups but two should hopefully play at least. Will captain one the Spurs.

Ederson (Gunn)

Mee Roberts Dawson (Amartey Williams)

Son Bruno Sterling Bowen JWP

Kane Weghorst (Gelhardt)

Grander scheme of things I'm likely to transfer my way through the following GWs and wildcard whatever bastard team I'm holding after the blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,154 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Coufal has had surgery on a groin injury iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

King won’t play the weekend. Injured.

More upside with Kane & JWP I think. And if you have a good feeling then you should go with it

My 11th player is Johnson for WH. Coufal is out. Fredericks played the last game but was subbed for Johnson.

Im thinking ; do I play a -4 & bring in a Wolves defender or jus hope Johnson gets a 1 pointer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭COH

Lads would you FH with this team? Have both FHs left along with WC/BB

Sanchez

Saiss - Cancelo - Livramento* - Coufal*

Maddison - Foden - Bowen

Antonio - Dennis - Edouard*

No playing subs. Edouard seems to have lost his starting place, Livramento may not start, Coufal has had surgery (?), Maddison is onlt just back fit again (I think), anyones guess if Foden plays and Antonio has gone off the boil altogether.

Other option is take a -8 for Coufal/Edouard/Saka to Mee/Weghhorst/JWP for a playing 11 and save the FHs for down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

I would FH and get Spurs and Utd cover.

I wouldn't go into this GW without attacking options up against Watford and Leeds defensively.

I'd also add in your -8 transfer thoughts into your FH team also.

Maybe a City attacker up against Everton too

For anyone who is on FH this week, KDB dropped from 12.0 to 11.9 last night if you already had him in your team.

Could gain 0.1 for fitting in someone else. (think i've got this right...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Gonna wc this week as team in tatters, dalot/coufal/watkins/guaita/ dennis getting the hook and can setup for the double gameweeks after, bit of a risk with the break but will save a FH for later this route, taking -8 would only be patching up

For anyone that has one FH remaining, is this the best GW to use it? I think I can get to 6 players in GW30, without any transfers or hits that GW. It could be 9 if Burnley v Southampton goes ahead that week, which could happen.

Not using FH in GW30 leaves basically GW27 or DGW36 as the options to use it in.

Trying to weigh up using it this GW and knowing what games are going ahead, or saving it for the DGW when we don't know what games will be played (yet). I'll be using BB soon and I still have the TC to use.

My FH team has gone very templatey from what I've seen on Twitter and the likes bar a couple changes. Think having the template as such will be a differential in itself if a lot don't go FH.

Forster (McGovern)

Pieters, Roberts, Cancelo

Son, Sterling, Mahrez, Bruno

Kane, Weghorst, Broja

Subs: Allan, Amartey, Tsimikas

A lot of teams have gone Pope but I don't get the appeal when he's 5.4, I left out Livramento too who may not start.

For that reason, I went Forster, Pieters and Roberts who are 13.1 whereas Pope, Roberts and Liv are 14.2 so saving 1.1 for transfers elsewhere.

Cancelo should start and by all accounts and forums I've looked at, Mahrez/Sterling will start too. If they don't, well my bench will have me in trouble.

An other option is to swap Pieters for Bedranek and have Brownhill as my 1st sub should I need the bench.

Happy with the other 5 of Son, Bruno, Kane, Weghorst and Broja. Captaincy haven't a clue yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is Livra expected to keep place ? Was thinking of bringing him in cos saints have double in the gameweek after this

Very interesting viewpoint with the double Burnley DEF without Pope. Never looked at it that way.

If you wanted to move funds around, you could try Dalot in for Cancelo maybe to have one good bench option which should cover Pep roulette. Dalot should cover the CS points I think, but wouldn't cover potential attacking returns.

Or even go wild and try the treble Burnley DEF. But that's extremely risky when their more favourable fixture in the DGW is away from home to a team who just scored 4.

Thanks for the feedback Fitz, moving Cancelo out is a non starter tbh. How he didn't get any attacking returns v Spurs last week I don't know, he's too good to leave out and far too heavily owned too. I just don't trust Dalot or any United defender at the moment to keep a CS.

It's risky with Amartey as my only cover (I think I can stretch Tsimikas to Williams too to get even a point) but feel the benefits outweigh the risks. Too safe and it's boring 🤣

Just realises deadline is today.

Lads, need your help. I’ve Livramento, Johnson & Dias as my 3 defenders.

ive 1.6m ITB

Who do I bring in for Johnson?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Why you getting rid of Johnson? Coufal out for season. I'd be looking at Southampton defender with their fixtures

Could you chance Johnson for this week (Fredericks might play) and then swap to Digne next GW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Bringing in Weghorst and Son/Mahrez for a -4. Very hard to call between those 2!

I'm currently making a decision between Bruno / Sancho / Sterling / Mahrez myself. I already own Son.

Just for the Mahrez pick, in the last few games, Stuart Armstrong & Ryan Fraser have scored against Everton from the RW. Livramento has had an assist from RB and Tripper scored, albeit a free kick. Seems like teams are targeting Everton there and I don't think Frank can stop it myself, especially against City who will have Walker & Mahrez(probably) playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Have 2 FHs, WC & BB left - seems alot in this position are going FH this week, not really feeling this myself. I am thinking next week might be a better use of FH with alot of weaker teams on doubles and follow that with WC in 29.

I can field 11 this week by taking a -4, would have dalot on bench aswell.

Foster

Tark Mee Cancelo

Bruno (c) Mahrez Bowen Ramsey

Maupay Antonio Dennis

Bench Dalot

My only fear is Son/Kane and spurs ripping that Leeds defence apart and potentially southampon doing something similar to norwich - any thoughts on above strategy?

I'm seeing value in wc this week, have 2 FH left + BB left also but I've 2 players to replace, getting rid of Dalot and Dennis. To me that's saving a FH and able to play BB possibly in next 2 weeks. Not over confident of Burnely players long term.

You've a good enough team to play as is,why wc in 29 with week 30 looking like only a few teams playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

After Free Hitting last week I'm back facing a horrible excuse for a team this week. Just did Coufal (injured) to Roberts. I'd Lowton already who got dropped the week I bought him so am considering putting both and his replacement in my starting 11. Roberts has impressed since coming in so I don't really see him being rotated out. Much more attacking potential than Lowton ever had too which could reap dividends now that Weghorst is off the mark.

Keeper - Sanchez

Defence is currently looking like Reg (probably dropped), Cancelo, Roberts, Lowton(dropped)

Midfield - Maddison, Bruno, Bowen, Gray(injured). So Gray to JWP/Coutinho/Ramsey for a -4 probably.

Forwards(ugh) - DCL, Antonio, Dennis.

Even with the -4 I'm still looking a probably only 10 guaranteed starters.

I might have to gamble that Reguilon gets a chance against a leaky Leeds team. Team really is a mess at the moment.

Yes I probably should of done this last GW. Have I missed the boat?

Yes I could chance Johnson in the hope he plays. He then sub on for Frederick who was booked - funny enough in West Ham’s DGW many moons ago Johnson was subbed at HT & got a 0 having also been booked... he didn’t play the next game then.

Johnson plays Wolves & I have Jiminez so both could cancel each other out.

And if I do go without Johnson I’m looking at Saiss for his DGW next & this week he’d be cancelling out Bowen.

I have a Southampton defender In Livramento but I know he prob won’t start this week so could end up with 0 or 1 playing defenders

Good points - my reasoning for WC in 29 was to really attack the 2 DGWs - FH 28 & WC 29, plan was to try and incl enough cover on the bench in the WC that would give me as close to 11 for GW30 as possible...thats plan anyway 😀

I dont think your team after the -4 is that badly set for this GW. There is a reasonable chance it may not be a points fest, how Spurs & City do will dictate. Fwiw i would opt for JWP for Gray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,439 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Grealish and Jesus back for City is making me waver on double attack on FH.

Current team is

Pope

Mee Laporte KWP

Bruno Son KDB Mahrez

Kane Broja Weghorst

Advertisement