Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Glad it worked out for you though and you we’re able to get back doing what you done prior to joining. Yeah, have heard about working in the public office alright, sometimes not even getting time to go to the bathroom. 4-5 days on it in a row sounds horrendous, my partners place they do 1 shift a week each covering it, godbless that chap getting 4-5 days on it, heard you’ll get the crappy enough ones reported over the counter too adding to your workload. I’m hoping i’ll try it and love it, my company now has new contracts for people hired so I couldn’t see myself returning for that reason if it didn’t work out. Heres hoping it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

I suppose you'd nearly be better to have a chat with a member if you know any, each member will have different options. My intention with my post is not to turn people off joining. I just want to say to people have a good understanding about all the aspects of the job before commiting to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Thanks! I'd say go try it, however always be prepared to walk. Seriously, there's nearly a shame of walking away from it, you've told everyone etc.. I tell you from myself leaving, no one could care. Yeah it was unusal now in fairness not sure how it ended up that way, but usually its one tour and come the last hour your nearly be hunting down the member from the next unit to take over!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GDA hopeful

Hi lads how’s it going.

I was just doing a bit of study there and read that the numerical test is to be done with the calculator on the laptop.

That you’re not allowed to use a handheld one or roughwork paper.

Can anybody confirm this for me?

Its going to change my study approach now because I was using both a hand held calculator and a notepad for the material that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

That’s correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

She also highlighted a strong interest in the latest Garda recruitment campaign, with over 10,000 applications received.

Thanks.

I suppose now is the time to be practicing it anyway couple of weeks and we’ll all be handy at doing the tests that way.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Was the deadline date extended for applications?

I haven’t seen anything to support that anyway.

No I didn’t hear anything about an extended deadline either.

I was talking to a neighbour last night though and he got his test day for the 21st of April.

Wondering has anyway else got their date?

I haven’t got my one yet.

• Advertisement

Nothing yet in terms of dates for me just the message saying mid to late April

Yeah same here, well we’ll probably get a date this week considering it’s the 10th.

How are ya all getting on are ya’s doing any preparation stuff online for it? I’m guessing it should be any day now we will hear something

Yeah doing the career services course there it’s okay but tight to finish time wise.

But I’m told that’s the way it’s made.

How are you finding it?

Similar, ok but the timing is the part thats worrying me, especially the ones where you have 2 minutes and 4 questions

Boom, update regarding tests

• Registered Users Posts: 25 minilad

Is anyone using the gardaip stage 1 course? Would ye recommend it?

Prob be handy to have that or career services atleast that or do the practice material they sent out, I’ve not used the practice material they sent out yet so no idea how good or bad it is

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ditser

I'm doing their course. was recommended by another lad on this thread. V good and they are happy to take calls too - rang them yesterday with a few questions

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 minilad

Thanks for the replies lads! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

Hi everyone, I was reading the familiarisation handbook a few days ago and it stated "you are strongly advised to complete all assessments early in the assessment window", with the assessment window being Tuesday 19th at 9am to Monday 25th at 5pm. Would I be penalised for doing it say on Thursday or Friday instead of Tuesday (the earliest day) or does it make no difference at all? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

It makes no difference, they advise you not to leave it until the last minute in case you run into any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mochua96

Hi lads, has anyone been given a specific date or time in-between the 19th-25th or is it a case of just sitting the assessment whenever suits yourself in between that time period? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

Thanks for the responses. It has to be done between 9am on the 19th and 5pm on the 25th. Before/after that won't be accepted.

Best of luck to ya all! This is the moment we’ve been waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

If anyone has done the test would they mind sharing how it went, what style where the numerical question in. Similar to that on the careers services?

Yeah just completed the tests there.

self assessment was fine very same as career services.

verbal was fine well drilled for that too.

I found the numerical tricky now started well but it got tough nothing I could do so I threw in a few guesses and finished okay the end.

well done, it did say in the booklet, that it will use that adaptive technology where if your doing pretty well, it will give harder questions, so take some comfort in that , maybe you were doing too well hence it got harder

• Advertisement

Did ya go with the onscreen calculator or a physical calculator after?

Advertisement