Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW25 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,454 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I did Gallagher and Gray to Bruno and Coutinho for -4. Salah will have to wait another week. Did up a WC team but would only have changed 5/6 players so probably not worth it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Love this, thanks for sharing. Will help make my mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Head well and truly turned now. Maybe KDB to Bruno for this week. If Salah goes up again, which he probably will then my double transfer of him and TAA will not be affordable without rejigging of my original plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well dont blame me if it goes tits up 😂 Though if I held KdB I wouldnt fancy the risk of Pep roulette and I recall him getting rested before a CL game last season too. Im actually jealous of KdB owners becasue ultimately he was the best Salah replacement but I went to Son who got injured and then Kane. But if I held him now Id be thinking that Norwich fixture is too risky, as there is a chance he gets 20 minutes, it could be a serious rank buster over Bruno or Salah on the pitch for the full game(s).

Whats your thoughts on Bruno (c) for the double? Im really tempted but it would mean getting Salah back next week likely costs a bit more which I can absorb. One side of me is thinking 2 home games are tasty, the other side thinking United arent firing, though I believe they created a lot in the first half v Burnley?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

That "created a lot in the first half v Burnley" is a double edged sword. It bodes positively for United maybe but then who are Burnely facing this week? Salah of course. I'm banking on them being more stubborn at home and hope Salah has got that explosiveness he was playing with last night out of his system. Really could have had two goals if not three goals in his short cameo.

• Advertisement

Thats a tricky one if it wrecks a solid transfer plan as Salah is certain to rise tonight, he is at 95% right now. You could go to the cheaper Robertson instead who has been outperforming Trent this last few games but we know Salah being back means Trents output should now go up and with Trent that can often mean bonus points.

Fwiw the XG/XA stats say that Bruno should outscore Salah over two games but it is marginal enough. Were Bruno to go wild in even one of the games like he did in the last DGW it would be a feast. iirc he clocked 48 points as captain in the last DGW, obviously that means nothing for this one but Soton and Brighton both at home is attractive. Small negative is the Soton game is a 12.30pm kick off and sometimes teams can be lethargic in those early kick offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

2 other things to note about the Bruno DGW is the firstly the Southampton game. Southampton were away to Spurs midweek and are away to Man United again now. 2 away trips in a week and possibly an overnight stay included in there. Whereas Man United had a short journey to Burnley and an extra day recovery, facing into a DGW with both games at home.

Brighton are also away in both of their DGW games.

The other thing to note is that Ronaldo will probably start the first game at least, which may stiffle Bruno. Bruno should start both games though.

Fred & Matic both missing tomorrow so that means that McTominay & Pogba will have to be the CM pairing. Doesn't exactly scream clean sheet potential.

Yeah the Ronaldo situation is a slight negative as you'd prefer him not start v Soton over Brighton to give Bruno more chances to get forward.But having been benched v Burnley its highly likely Ronaldo starts this one.

Is it known which of them is actually on penalties?

I think I might do it, if Bruno blanks in both games it would be-

No CS points -total 8

1 CS point- total 10

2 CS points- total 12

Assuming Salah gets a goal or assist v Burnley it would be level enough with maybe Salah just edging it. If Salah gets two returns though all bets are off, then you would need a Bruno return from one of the two games just to stay close to him. Its a real coin toss but if Bruno were to return twice in two games and Salah doesnt return twice v Burnley it would pay off nicely. Its either a rank builder but equally it could go totally tits up. United also back in the Cl v Atletico but I dont think Rangwick can rest Bruno when battling for 4th place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Leaning towards Alonso, Gray and Watkins out for Mitchell (or Dalot), Bruno (c) and Weghorst.

Would give me 2 DGWers this week, 9 or 10 in DGW26 and 11 players in GW27.

Team would be:

DeGea, Foster

TAA, Cancelo, Reguilon, Coufal, Mitchell/Dalot

Salah, Bruno, Jota, Bowen, Raphinha

Weghorst, Dennis, King.

All comments appreciated as I'm floundering badly in the last 10 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Has Lowton lost his place for Burnley? Kept him so damn long for the DGWs and then he gets dropped right before them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Lacazette and Kdb to Ronnie and Pogba , wildcarding after this I think so gonna take a punt on pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Looks like a very good plan.

I'd consider an Arsenal defender next week. As a fellow Reguilon owner I get the impression Conte thinks he's brittle and too excitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭crushproof

Taken a punt on Cavani, needless to say I can already see him hauling a whopping 2 points

Seems to be the case.

He's a RB only. According to transfermarket Roberts has played LB sometimes, so perhaps Lowton gets some games if Pieters is rested during the 4 condensed fixtures. This assumes Charlie Taylor will still be out but I'm unsure how close he is to a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I wouldn't, highly unlikely he will start tomorrow and even doubts he'd start midweek too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’d disagree on that, I think Robbo has had his rest (suspension & winter break).. I don’t think he’ll be rested as much. Jota will probably see more sub & non starting games now with Diaz & Firmino there.

Im think I’m holding off this week on transferring out Jota , so will see know more

I’d find it very hard to move out a player who Is on a DGW

Actually thinking about it more, Tsimikas will probably get the FA Cup game, directly after League cup final. There will be a week off for Robbo there too. Maybe 20 mins at the end of the Leeds game as rest for pre-League Cup final.

• Advertisement

Ye think this will be the case.

I don’t need to move now as I’m holding the trio this week, Salah is still returning & it’s not been a week since African Nations.

That said I’m gonna do with my 2 FT’s this week

Sterling -> Bruno (c)

Antonio -> Maupay.

I’ll have 3 DGW players.

Then the next week most likely go Jota -> Salah & Bruno to £7.5m player for a -4.

it’ll leave me with 7 DGW players & I’ll be benching one of Foden (TOT), Bowen (NEW) or Maupay (BUR).

The only downside of this is a reliance on Dias to play both games as Tino & Johnson are both not getting game time

If Salah wasn't rising tonight, I could have done;

GW 25: Antonio & Gray -> Maupay & Trossard (-4) that would mean I have 4 DGW players.

GW 26: Maupay & Bruno -> Weghorst & Salah (-4) that would mean I have 6 DGW players.

I might just have to skip the Maupay transfer and go straight for Weghorst and his double DGW for 26 & 27 instead. And downgrade Foden to a GW26 DGW player like a Cornet or SGW player like Coutinho. I will need to do the -4 again though because of the Salah rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

Salah in for KDB.

Just looking at it now myself and Im 0.1m short of doing Gray to Ramsey and Foden to Salah. So the option is the Bruno punt with no hits this week then immediately after deadline its Bruno to Salah and Watkins to Weghorst for a hit. With the price rise on Salah tonight it means Id have 0 itb after getting him in. Not ideal but I was planning on going Maddison to Raph soon which frees up 0.3.

The frustrating thing though is Im dong all this to hang on to Kane and he didnt exactly excel during the week. My head is saying sell him but my heart is saying he can still get returns. If I had an easy way to Son Id do it but that would involve a -8

Fitz,

Perhaps take a punt on Moder?

Has caught my eye lately. Don't know if he'd make Scout Joe's goal imminent table but

Only 4.5M

Trossard and Mac Allister had covid recently.

Potter is definitely a tinkerman but with Mwepu out I think Moder is the best fit for the "mid who pushes up"

I’ve actually been pondering & tinkering.

instead of Bruno & Maupay I was going to go Ronaldo & Ramsey.

Looked at Moder there & he’s played 7 of last 9 Pal games.. interesting one & would make it easier to bench going fOrward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

I went quick on Wissa to Ramsey.

For me its Moder in for Maddison (bench Reg) and Salah+Tierney is a hit next week. Tempted. Cancelo could get a rest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Maupay anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have had him for a while now. He isn't doing amazing but is ticking along with returns. The last double game week he had an assist in one game but was rested for the other which was pretty annoying. Hopefully he plays the two games this week and does well.

Advertisement