Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW25 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 10-02-2022 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭

Brownhill to Bruno anyway.

Could do Lowton to Shaw/Dalot too, as I have 2 FTs.

Will Telles make a return from covid do we think? Will Dalot play both games?

Comments

Watkins to Saint-Maximin.

Will do Dennis to Weghorst next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

The way Man Utd are playing it's hard to know if any of them are worth getting for the double. Bruno and Ronaldo both feel like they are priced about 2mil more than they are worth. Barring injury to someone I think I might bank the transfer.

But I'll probably knew jerk Bruno in 5 min before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

True. I'm not keen on them either. But my thinking is that they'll only be short term transfers and I can always wildcard them out soon. Dalot is cheap bench fodder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

DDG is my only DGWer, well so is Sanchez but I'll go De Gea.

Was looking at KDB to Bruno solely for the DWG, madness?

Reguilon to Varane perhaps is another shout that feels less risky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Getting rid of KDB when he plays Norwich doesn't seem like a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thinking KDB to Bruno for a one week punt myself considering he has two games haven't made my mind up on it yet though.

Gray to Coutinho is another one I might take a -4 .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He didn't do much offensively last night tbh although his position does vary game to game depending on who's in midfield with himself.

I will be swapping for Fernandes this week anyway as I think he's a better option and I think KDB will get subbed early enough with Champions league next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,233 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Fernandez out for Sanchez as my other keeper is Rambo. Might take a hit to sort out one of my useless forwards Watkins Antonio and Dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thinking about either Jota or Foden to Coutinho, Villa should have a DGW soon and Coutinho will have guaranteed minutes whereas the other two are back in the CL soon. Not sure what to do with Kane, Spurs were pretty awful last night and it was Son who was in the box most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tempted to hit the wc button, have a clear out and set myself up for the next few weeks. Want to shift funds from Kane back into midfield, don't like Spurs double and if I did want one of them, I'd go for Son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Try to ride out the next few GW’s & use the WC to attack the last 8 GW’s when things are settled.

I’m stuck in an awful dilemma - well it’s a good one.

i own Trent , Robbo & Jota.

How do I fit Salah in… Robbo or Jota have to go to accomadate.

Jota is only 4 league goals off Salah. I genuinely can’t see how Jota isn’t picked - he carried the goals with Salah / Mane away.

The only thing is the cup final, FA Cup & the CL… there’ll be rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In the "not sure" camp about United's DGW too. Don't keep clean-sheets to be confident there (happy with Sa/Sanchez GK axis), Ronaldo is too over-priced to be on his longest goal drought in over a decade and I don't fancy Bruno over KDB even with the extra game.

Think I will just bring back Salah for Raphinha ahead of Pool's DGW next time around. Disposing of Antonio for probably Weghorst next in anticipation of Burnley's backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm on a great run of only 1 red arrow in the last 11 weeks. Luckily I've survived without TAA for the last 4. I'd like to get him back in but need Salah too.

With Burnley away next I'm tempted to do the defensive move first. Would people people consider Robbo, given his recent form, as a good pick ahead of TAA to save funds at this stage

Edit: Today I currently have the exact funds for KDB --> Salah and Reguilon --> TAA (or Robbo) for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Bachman to Raya to cover for Ramsdale next 2 blanks. Might take a hit to sell Antonio as I'm sick of him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Completely agree although I am slightly concerned about KDB getting rested against Norwich.

He's started the last 8 games for City in all comps, played the full 90 six times and they have Sporting away in the CL on Wednesday before Spurs at home next Sat.

Be slightly worried he could be rested for Gundogan or something thus blocking any potential Salah or Bruno points if I transferred them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dunno if I have the mental energy to WC.

Thinking Martinelli to Pogba.

I'm stubbornly refusing to get Bowen 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Surely you have to go Bachman to Sanchez when he has a double this week?

I have both Robbo & Trent. Robbo had 9,12,12,6 in his last 4 games. In the 9 pointer he was also sent off - he’s had a breather with the suspension & the winter break.

Trent on the hand had 7, 10, 2, 6 in those games but has 50 points more then over the season playing 4 games more.

Trent averages 7.14 ppg

Robbo averages 5.76 ppg

With 15 games left & if they continue on this path there’ll be Trent with 20.7 points more then Robbo.

Trent is £1.4m worth more then Robbo. Is £1.4m worth 20.7 points?

I know football is not all about numbers but watching Liverpool (being a fan) .. Robbo was definitely closer to more assists then Trent last night. Both came very close to scoring.

Its a really tough one & that’s why I’m looking at keeping both & dropping Jota for Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Quick question re the FH.

If I take a -4 in transfers, then FH before the GW begins, in the following GW does my team then revert to the team I had pre or post the -4 transfers?

Didn’t even see Raya came back the other night. Brentford will stay up now, the other keeper was absolutely horrendous.. one of the worst I’ve ever seen in the PL.

Cost Brentford big time

• Advertisement

Yep I was looking at Foden/Sterling to Pogba myself.

Alternative plan is Sterling to Bruno & Antonio to Broja or Maupay.

Then the following week Bruno to Salah & Jota to someone in the 7.5 -> 8 bracket. This would be a -4 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have Cucurella already so didn't want double Brighton defence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

So the conundrum of captain again for this week:

Salah

Jota

Kane

Cancelo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Have enough in the bank to move Trossard to Bruno, and Dias to Brandon Williams.

I'm not mad on the transfer with how Utd are playing but Bruno was a killer as a non owner for his last DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Taking a big chance this weekend

KDB out for Fernandes and giving him triple captain....aaah, hate supporting Utd but this week I'm all in.

🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

One thing I would say is that you did have to sacrifice 1 of those 3, I would pick Robbo. Even though he is the form full back. The main reason is that, as you have mentioned, there will be rotation and LB is an area where Liverpool can rotate in with Tsimikas being an able deputy. When he does play, Robbo probably won't sub on for a 1 pointer whereas Jota will always sub on when on the bench I think and as last season showed, he is capable of scoring from the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The lure of the DGW is sucking me in. I already have Dalot & DDG but want to bring in a Man Utd midfielder for the DGW as a placeholder for Salah. So probably Bruno. Maybe Pogba but don't trust him. I think KDB will be rested.

I need to move around funds a bit and Antonio is finally gonna leave my time. But who is the best replacement?

Edouard surely starts this nice GW and has DGW upcoming followed by a nice fixture again. But then Wegworst has the double DGW after a tough game this week. Broja has a longer run of single game weeks with nice fixtures.

Edouard / Wegworst / Broja?

I follow this guy on Twitter who does GW previews and he scouted the Man City fan forums where the consensus is KdB will be rested with Gundogan playing Norwich instead. Its always hard to second guess Pep but you'd have to think it is more likely than not that KdB gets rested when City can brush Norwich aside without playing him

• Advertisement

Yeah Im getting DGW-itis as well and thinking of bringing in (c) Bruno instead of Salah, surely Brunos 2 games can outscore Salahs 1?

On Broja/Weghorst/Edouard the double double GW is sucking me into Weghorst. I hold Broja but benched him for his goal and nearly bought Edourad but lucily didnt as I wasnt aware he wasnt nailed. He has a DGW coming up but it could be a trap in that he only starts one of them. Also since read Viera always refreshes his attack around about 60 minutes so when he does start every chance he gets subbed. Ive read there is a chance that Weghorst might now get a double-double-double, 6 games in 3 GWs. Also his underlying stats have been good , 0.48xGI, albeit from a small sample size of two games, one where he got an assist. Its very punty but I think Im going to do it having not punted on Coutinho early and now regretting it

Advertisement