Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long until we see €2 a litre and will it push more to EV's faster?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I'm sure it'll have some use in the future but cars and home heating are 2 things it shouldn't be used in as it would just be an expensive waste of energy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Got diesel for 1.87.9 at the start of this week. Nice few in the queue at that price.

With eurusd back up at 1.04, refinery cost down below 40 and barrel in the low 90s, we should be seeing price drops a lot more about the place. Some garages still charging 2.05, absolute scabs, no excuse just milking people while they can get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Garages are not milking people. The margins on fuel are miniscule. There's more profit on a coffee and sandwich than a tank of fuel.

Some garages get 3 deliveries a week, some once a week. A small garage ordering 10,000 litres will pay more than a garage taking 40,000 litres.

Sometimes my local garage is one of the cheapest in the country, sometimes it's one of the higher priced garages. - He hates high prices as his footfall drops and sometimes he sells at cost so that his customers come into the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭mikeecho

AppleGreen fuel card price €1.70 for diesel apparently.

Anyone got DCI prices?

Meanwhile in urlingford...

.. some of the cheapest pump prices, my local is 199⁹ for daysul.. 20¢ difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

filled petrol tank for €1.72/l cheapest in last few months

• Advertisement

Petrol down to 169 in some places.

Stations are slow to reduce, but quick to increase.

I've 2 daily drives (diesel), one is down to a ¼ tank, I'll hold on a few days before I fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭John arse

And don't forget there's absolutely no gouging going on???🙈

Some smaller stations that don't shift a lot of fuel are getting caught out...those that have small turnover, but plenty of busy stations are pulling the pïss.

Locally it's 199⁹ for diesel, but 10km away, it's 189⁹.

All very busy stations.

Diesel cars emit less CO2 than petrol cars do. That's a fact. From a climate change perspective diesel is better than petrol. For human health diesel is worse, but city buses and freight still run on diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

DCI: 145.7 (179.2 Inc vat)

Top: 141.37 (173.9 Inc vat)

As of Friday gone on two low volume accounts, bigger purchasers would be getting keener rates again. Card rates have been decent this few weeks, some 20+ cents cheaper than the pumps but only 2 months ago the pumps were cheaper than the cards so it's hard to win

• Advertisement

Those fuels were massively superior to steam. Hydrogen isn't massively superior to electricity - if anything it's inferior.

1. You do realize that a nuclear power plant is basically a massive steam engine.

2. I thought they had /were developing cheaper ways of producing hydrogen. , I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Diesel in Circle K Roscommon Town 179.9 feeding frenzy there they always seem to have keen fuel prices, its approx 15-20 cents more a litre in Galway city

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 81,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Got petrol today for €1.77 and thought I was doing outstanding until I seen this thread 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

From what I've seen, it's the smaller garages that are offering cheaper prices. Probably to increase footfall as others have noted. The Circle K garages are fleecing people, they have the turnover so they know they can keep their prices high. They would definitely be getting frequent deliveries and can probably bulk purchase on discount, so they are not getting caught out with fluctuations in price.

It's easy to say shop around, but a number of towns I've seen have 2 - 3 Circle K garages all with inflated prices. Clearly they are trying to cover increased costs in other areas. The pump price does not match the lower barrel/refinery cost we are seeing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,143 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My nearest Inver has been 189.9 and 178.9 since late last week whereas my nearest Circle K was 199.9 and 179.9 when I checked a few days ago. Both are rural filling stations about 2 miles apart with the Inver having a small shop while the Circle K is a franchised Express with a Centra supermarket. The Inver being located on a busy N road would definately have more footfall at the pump while the Circle K on a L road is in the middle of my village would seem to have more footfall going into the Centra.

Prices in Limerick City over the weekend tended to range from 195.9 to 203.9 for diesel and 178.9 to 179.9 for petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Might be a stupid question but can anyone apply for a DCI card?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have to be a registered business with a VAT Number. Sole Trader/LTD Company, either are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Glen fuels 142.42 ex vat (1.75 vat inc) as of today for diesel

173.9 petrol in Inver Ennis - 174.8 in Applegreen and Top. Maxol still 178.9

Going downwards in some faster than others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

time and time again it has ben proven that prices rose and fall within a similar frame.

But you also have to realise that when prices rise, the garages that still have lower prices get busier and they need to refill quicker - thus they rise fairly quickly after their competitors rise.

It works in reverse when prices are falling - the garages still with the expensive fuel sees trade drop off very quickly and they are stuck with higher price fuel in their tanks and eventually they have to take the hit, sell off the the higher price fuel at a smaller margin so that they can refill at the better price.

Remember a coffee and pastry has more profit than a 50 litre fill - garages don't want high fuel prices, they want you in their premises buying coffee.

I agree with most of that, but it doesn't explain how some very busy stations are 20¢l more expensive.

Surely they got a fresh batch of fuel in the last 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

I often wonder why they don't allow domestic customers to order a fuel card, even a more restrictive one that limits to one brand. I thought one of the big thinkings behind fuel cards was that the more users the issuer had on their network, the better the rates they could beat out of the brands?

For individuals, you'll only get a 2¢/l discount. (I've enquired with Inver & maxol)

If you get a fuel card thru work or a credit union, you could get 4¢/l discount.

AA give subscribers a 3 or 4c discount at circle K thru their app, AXA give 4¢/l at circle k thru their website.

I currently have a DCI & Circle K cards.. had a StatOil card (5p/l) back in the day, and even an Esso card.

All private use.

Del.

Oops

The same company mike,but there's no gouging going on???🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Few garages go and east wall seem to be doing thanksgiving Thursday deals

Been a while sence seen sub €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

Finishes at 7.00pm apparently.

1.64 - daysul

149.9 - petril

Some prices in fairness. I'd say they are rammed.

According to waze,circle k ashford co wicklow has petrol @1.49 and diesel 1.64

• Advertisement

Seeing a lot of 171.9s around currently for Petrol. Still obviously brutal compared to pre-pandemic, but takes a bit of the sting off the 200.9s we were seeing a while ago

Advertisement