Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Djokovic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Either way the answer on HIS form should have been YES.

And it is HIS form, not the form of his agent, his chef, his lackie.

He is responsible as an adult (well he in body if not mind it seems) over 16 years of age to fill or make sure his form is filled in correctly.

Now any other straws you want to clutch at?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 25,077 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I don't think he will stop I just thought maybe you were saying he is right to.

straw?

that (as I've shown stupid question that doesn't specify anything) is a straw in itself

The Australians know after this almighty cock-up of theirs that has gone on for over a week now that they would need to be using a better reason than something that makes no difference to anything.

They will no doubt try to stick with the the line that they eventually settled on after the other misinformation that didn't stick -> the one about "recent covid" not being valid.

Despite the Czech player ("retrospectively" arrested after she had already been allowed in) and the other person already getting in on that reason and despite them all having an exemption for it

Exemptions that the actual bloody Prime Minster of Australia actually outlined perfectly how they work when Djokovic was already on his last flight to Australia!

You actually couldn't make it up!

PM Scott Morrison on Jan 5

The federal advice to Tennis Australia aligns with statements made by Prime Minister Scott Morrison on the day Djokovic arrived.

Asked whether the world No. 1 had received an exemption, Mr Morrison said on January 5: “Well, that is a matter for the Victorian government. They have provided him with an exemption to come to Australia, and so we then act in accordance with that decision … That’s how it works. States provide exemptions for people to enter on those bases.”

Whatever they do, they already look like complete fcuktards!

ScoMo from Marketing has looked like an eejit quite often.

The way tournament organisers and Victoria Government seem to have done things doesn't look great either and it comes across as trying to make sure the World No.1 was there and possibly it would be their tournament where he would possibly break the record.

But all of that amounts to diddly squat when you start looking at good old Novax himself.

He lied on a form, yes he lied, about his movements in the days prior to arriving in Australia.

(Now you will argue it is not precise enough question but for most of us it is kinda understandable.)

He either is lying now or he lied to the Australian court on sworn affidavit about when he found out he had covid.

So as the news hosts quite rightly pointed out he is a liar.

He spent time with people and not in isolation, even though he was awaiting covid test results and he might be covid positive.

That of course is questionable as well as he has two different versions of when he actually found out he had covid. He might actually have known he had covid whilst with them. Very ar**holey im my opinion.

And please the statement about getting tested because he was concerned about others totally flies in the face of his previous actions like his ill fated tennis tour.

And how does that concern tally up against spending time in close proximity to people, all while being unmasked and awaiting the results of a covid test.

He definitely admits to not being isolation and spending time with people even unmasked when he was covid positive.

And he never warned them, very ar**holey again.

And as the news hosts quite rightly pointed out he is an ar**hole.

FFS give us a break with the bullcrap.

His movements around the test in Serbia can not be used in the Australian visa debacle

They might have some effect in Serbia but it will most likely be a fine as that is what anyone recently done on the same thing there got

But he actually doesn't live in Serbia anyways.

And I honestly don't think that the travel question is something that the will use as a sole reason (they have to give a reason) if and when they boot Djokovic out as it's not consequential enough.

It also opens up other players being looked at for the same thing

The guys who live in Monaco but who went to a different country get a flight from Nice or Turin... for example? What did they put that down?

I'm sure there are plenty of examples in the 200 + foreign players coming in.

I still think that they will go to deport him but as said he will try (but fail eventually) to go legal again

But leaving it this late, dragging it out so long, with the draw having to go ahead is yet another bungle.

• Advertisement

Ahh FFS.

You dance around the issue, much like his family who shut off the press conference when someone asked quesitons rather than offering glowing tributes to their golden boy.

They can use his disregard for covid guidelines to quesiton his character and suitability to enter Australia.

They can use the fact he possibly lied to an Australian court as well.

Lying on immigration documents aint inconsequential to countries like Aus or US.

It can get you in sh** and a kick in the ar** back to where you came from.

Every other country isn't as lax as us Paddy's turning a blind eye to things.

How did he lie to an Australian court?

He comes out bad not isolating properly as I've said but also as said I don't see how that can be considered as relevant by the Australians in the matter at hand.

No Spain aren't investigating anything as it turns out.

Also like that Der Spigel "dodgy test" article that was rubbished after about 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

His movements around the test in serbia absolutely can be used. He has admitted that he did this and so the Australians have no issues around officially having to prove this. Having admitted it and having only done so when basically found out, they can absolutely thrown him out on the grounds of him being a danger to public health as he can be deemed likely to behave in a similar manner again.

The travel issue is simple. You are attempting to muddy the waters. This guy visited another country. Was out and about in it's population etc.

I would expect if filling in a travel declaration that one might provide as much info as possible. I.e. Have you travelled in last 14 days? Answer - No other than accessing flight to Australia from french airport travelling by car from my home in Monaco to french airport..... As per your example.

I say it's simple. He travelled to Spain and didn't declare it. Tough luck but the Aussies don't like that.

The Spanish are now looking at whether he was entitled to enter as their sports exemption has very specific requirement too.

The Spanish are now looking at whether he was entitled to enter as their sports exemption has very specific requirement too.

No the Spanish are not looking at anything as their interior ministry said today

That was just another bullshit journalist error

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I haven't come across anyone on boards who sounds as much of a paranoid conspiracy theorist as you do. "No such things as satellites" "Moonlandings" "Dangerous Opinions". What has any of this got to do with Djokovic or the Australian Open? 😯

Do you know what a genuinely loony thing to do is? Camping out in the conspiracy forum all day like you do incessantly attacking, harassing and stalking posters around the site. Try taking a break for a while.

So you do believe in satellites? It would be pretty easy to put this to bed by saying you do, instead of ignoring the many requests to do so.

It has everything to do with this thread....you were demonising the "Covid statistics team" whoever they are, for not being up front and truthful about something while you yourself (unless I'm very mistaken) harbour these crazy ideas and won't expand on them further.

For the record, I've never harassed, attacked or stalked anyone on Boards....either once off or "incessantly".

Edit: Nevermind, found the post I was looking for:

The whole space program is fake. It's all fabricated by men sitting at computers churning out spurious computer rendered nonsense!

There is no science going on here. We've learned nothing in the last 70 years.

Link to full post

So, not just satellites, but the entire space programme has been faked including every single photograph of the earth. Why would anyone take any of your posts seriously if that's the level of denial and outright pig-headedness on display?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users Posts: 55,096 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Are there still folks wishing Nole gets thrown out?

Pathetic!

Are there still a bunch of bootlickers who think someone should be able to lie, put children at risk and manipulate people to their will because they're good at smacking a ball around and/or have been chosen as the anti-vaccine martyr?

Pathethic!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ok so at least we agree on the rest of my post..... And I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss the Spanish angle either. The government couldn't announce that they are investigating him until they would have 100 percent proof that he was in the wrong. Reports may be bullshit or may have a strong insider source.

Jesus you're trying to pick imaginary straws out of your hole to not look wrong on the Spanish "Investigation"

And no I don't agree but I've already gone through that and am not going do it again.

That would be the definition of insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Not at all..but you're not suppose to use public transport. Hopefully you didn't add any cases to the tally because of your ignorance.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

So what time do the boos and riots start on Monday and will RTÉ be showing it live?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭jj880

Looks like live coverage starts midnight Sunday on Eurosport since we're 11 hours behind. I dont think RTE will be showing it live - maybe they'll have a highlights show.

I heard Djokovic is getting special red tennis balls that no-one else is allowed to touch. He will have a ball drone instead of ball boys / girls. He'll also be arriving to court inside a zorb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

they always say the irish have a great sense of humour & this post is living proof !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I’ll have a look after dragons den and the apprentice. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 32,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

He doesn't need to touch the balls, sure he can use his telekinesis powers instead. No need for the zorb either, he can use his woo woo mental magic to form a invisible shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Should I have teleported myself to the testing centre? Walked the 34km round trip to the centre, with Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kerry_man15

Not only did he put people at risk by being out and about while positive...he didn't even tell anyone he had Covid (whenever he became aware of it) so that they would know they had been in close contact! Why the secrecy? The first time he got Covid he told the world via social media, this time he chose not to tell anyone, even those he came in contact Witt (the kids, the journalist)? Seems very dodgy...it just seems too inconvenient that he got it just in time so he could use it as a way of getting in to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,966 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Breaking News

Novak"s Visa Cancelled by immigration Minister, just been confirmed....

Novak, Noplay 🤔🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Couldn't be happier for the arrogant pr.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,966 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Advertisement