Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of Liability?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Sono

My wife submitted our tax return for 2021 in early January and we got a fairly hefty refund a few weeks ago, she was on maternity leave and wasn’t working for a good chunk of the year. We didn’t put in any numbers for anything ourselves as both PAYE employees.

fast forward to today and I get a notification to say I had correspondence to be viewed, went in and see a new statement of liability for 2021 which states no overpayment.

tried calling them to see what the story was but can’t get through to anyone.

did anyone else receive anything similar? Don’t fancy having to pay this money back as I was sure it was our refund entitlement so very confused now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

My 2021 SOL came back in 24 hours. I'm two months waiting for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Che15Deng30

Hi, can anyone please give me the number of the revenue that ye were ringing? Been ringing 017383636 but no luck. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Desertmoon1

That's the one I used. They close at 1.30, good luck. Takes ages to get through and sometimes it's straight to voicemail or gets hung up.

Rang the revenue waited for over 48 mins and they hung up. Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭nhg

Between 1 & 1.30 seems to be the quieter time to try ringing

SOL received today, 6 weeks and 1 day after I did my return!!!

@Desertmoon1 did you ring them? I rang them Friday and have been told mine is on process. I applied 1st Jan. And the girl said she don’t know when i’ll be getting my SOL

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scabo33

Finally! You were waiting the longest ever. I’m still waiting since 6 weeks. Fingers crossed this week!

My hubby called them and by pure luck he got through to a lovely lady who knew her stuff and told him straight out it was held for manual review. She promised to contact him back and she did through my enquiries. They looked for all receipts, bills etc which we uploaded and then today she messaged him today to say SOL was available. I hope you are not waiting much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Submitted my return with medical expenses yesterday evening, Statement of Liability received this morning. Very impressed.

@Buddy97mm you’re lucky you got your SOL in less than 24 hrs. I’m waiting for mine for more than 6 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Do feel quite fortunate going on other experiences I have read in this thread. Ironically, I submitted my claim much later than I would normally do as I was waiting to see how much of the medical expenses we incurred would be paid by my health insurer. When I did submit the claim yesterday, all the data for pay, tax, USC etc. was pre-populated (I presume following payroll submission by my employer) whereas this was not the case in previous years - perhaps there is benefit in submitting later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

I had been waiting 1 month and yesterday I put in an enquiry (no phone call) asking if there was anything I could do to help (documents etc) and my SOL was processed yesterday evening. It might be a coincidence as they are no doubt moving through them all now but worth popping through an enquiry to get to front of list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bartybull

I applied for statement of liability in December for 2020. Still not available. I didn't upload any receipts for my medical expenses because I posted then all to my medical insurance provider. Could this be the reason for the holdup in the SOL

i would attach the receipts and send a message or call them then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭grinder23

Anyone got a number that you can actually get through to revenue on?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cnbyz

I was waiting a response from revenue on 3 things. a question about a certain relief, appeal to the SOL i received 2 weeks ago and finally remote working relief. I rang them yesterday to ask whats up. i think i got lucky because the person on the phone said she can do it all. After 2 days i got everything sorted out. So my advice ; keep ringing until you are connected to someone who is a case worker.

7 weeks today.

• Advertisement

Rang the revenue twice already and they are all saying the same thing apparently mine was pulled for manual review. Been waiting for 7 weeks and 6 days. Was told to just wait til they’re done with the review. And that I don’t know when😫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

10 weeks waiting for 2020 now.

everytime I send them a message on my enquires they keep changing the status to completed without even doing anything.

9 weeks and counting still waiting for my SOL

@scabo33 did you get your SOL yet? Just got a reply from them saying my SOL is available to view now. But everytime I check it’s still on process. I don’t know why they have to say it is available if it isn’t

Hi there @Che15Deng30 no I’ve heard nothing! I got an email about a document unread and got excited but it was just a tax credit. I’ve just given up now. It’s nearly 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hopeful 2018

Hi Folks, I submitted my returns around the 10th of January. I had health expenses and WFH to claim for. However I still have received no statement of liability. Every time I check it says Processing and it will be available shortly. I have contacted them loads of times via My Enquiries and have got no correspondence back. 2 and a half months later and still nothing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,176 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I

I'd nearly given up on my credit which needed manual attention... took 3-4 my enquiries chasers and eventually sorted this week.

Strange your one has gone into limbo as they are the most straightforward credits.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

That happened me years ago and it was due to my claim getting audited. I missed the letter asking for receipts. Mit not be this but just thought I’d say

• Advertisement

Thank you for your help. I have not received a letter but I have sent multiple queries asking if they need me to do anything in order to process the statement. Again, no answer! I did get one answer after about 5 of my queries, they closed the queries saying it was requested and would get uploaded when it was available. But no info as to when that would be or anything!

I am in the same boat @hopeful 2018 your best bet is to call until you get someone who can deal with it. I found that with revenue and most people on here say the same, you just get lucky sometimes you get through to excellent people. Most of the time it’s just a fob off. Enquires are a waste of time

Seems like the IT department is working to fix an issue with the dependent relative tax credit. It blocks my SOL to issue at the moment. They say I would get it when the issue is fixed. God knows how long that might take. It is super weird that there is some sort of a system issue every year. Surely they can fall back to manual processing or some sort of a workaround. The worst of all is that one of the people i got connected to said she issued me an amended SOL and that i should see it under My Documents in few days. This was 12 days ago.turns out she wasnt even aware of the ongoing issue. I've given up at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭nhg

Send in a new MyEnquiry through MyAccount, I know that you mentioned that you have already sent in a few already but if any of these were already dealt with (even though the SOL didn’t actually issue overnight as it should have) those enquiries will all have been marked as completed by the caseworker and they won’t be aware that it didn’t issue.

Once the new MyEnquiry is being worked on the caseworker will see the historical trail on your record & if they cannot resolve the issue themselves with the assistance of their line manager it will then be referred to the IT help desk & will follow up on it until the issue is resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭vafankillar

so i got my statement of liability, overpaid €55, but i haven't gotten the tax back, they have my bank details so i'm not sure what to do next, should i ring them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

On page 1 of the statement of liability where it says treatment of result, how does it say the 55 euro going to be used? It could be offset against an existing liability or it could be refunded to you. If it says refund to your bank account then it should have issued to your bank account within 5 working days of the statement of liability.

• Advertisement

it says a payment will be made to my bank account, it has my correct details as far as I can tell & it's been a few weeks

Then you should contact to see what the hold up is as it should have issued to your bank account by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Ms2011

It's doesn’t say anything in the 'treatment of results' for me but I’m due €124 for medical expenses and has the final result as balanced and zero??

Basic question, did you actually pay any PAYE for the year you claimed the Health expenses via completing your return? You actually have to have paid PAYE in the year you are claiming the health expenses for. If you did then, on page 2 of the statement of liability can you see health expenses under the tax credits section? If they aren't there, then they weren't included because you didn't need them (didn't pay any PAYE/your standard credits covered whatever was due) or you didn't add them in the health expenses section of the return. If they are there and your statement was still balanced then they covered an underpayment of tax due.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes they are there, it's says underneath 'Tax Credits are Restricted to Tax Due'. Does that mean they covered an underpayment of tax?

• Advertisement

It means they were included in the calculation to get your balanced result. If they weren't there, then there would have been an underpayment.

whats the best way to contact does anyone know?

I sent in another one on the same thread and the status of all my messages is In Progress. I havent even gotten a reply. All I want to know is is there something they are waiting for on my side, is that why there's a hold up? Its ridiculous. Going on for 3 months now. Not even an acknowledgement.

I got a "Compliance IV Non-Audit" message yesterday asking to forward credit card statements / bank statements in respect of my health expenses. I had actually uploaded the statements with the receipts but i guess thats not the correct way to do it. Has anybody ran into the same compliance check before ? How long does it take ? I submit all the statements i have yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

I got a message about underpayment back in 2018 today. Did they just do a random check on me now? Just wondering why it took 4 years.

put in an enquiry about 2 weeks ago & still heard nothing, doesn't seem to be any number to contact about tax back stuff, anyone experience anything similar?

How long have you been waiting for your statement of liability? I have been waiting since the first week of January. I submitted so many enquiries. I eventually got a reply last week to say it was up for review and they are dealing with them by date whatever that means. But I got no info as to whether I need to submit anything or how long it would take or anything.

Post edited by hopeful 2018 on

Does anybody know how to claim relief for additional health expenses ? Do i need to edit the health expenses that i already submitted and got a refund for ?

Yes. Just increase the value of the claim already there by the amount you haven't claimed yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement