Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭omicron

Waiting since 2nd January.

Only thing different from previous years is EU deposit interest declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Lightscribe

Waiting since 1st. Apparently I've been selected randomly for manual review as I'm due a substantial refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spurs1988

Was waiting in mine since the first finally received my statement yesterday the 2nd of Feb. No email but SOL was on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Stripes99

Waiting since 15th, was pulled for compliance check, submitted everything, uploaded reciepts, was told everything was processed, then it got cancelled and now with help desk?!! No.clue what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Dear Mr X,

The Statement of Liability for 2023 issued to you on 06/02/2024

Regards,

XYZ

PAYE Service for Compliance

Received that a few minutes ago from an enquiry I sent in last week, still can't click on it, will see if it appears tomorrow 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I did my Mortgage Interest Tax Relief the day it became available on to submit the 31st.

Got a decent chunk back, but they then went and took my full 2024 LPT payment out of it.

Now fair enough my LPT is paid for the year, but I was happy enough doing it at source from my salary and had plans for the full lump sum of the tax back.

I'm guessing the reason they took the LPT is because I had not updated my records on the website with a payment method for 2024.

Do you have to update your payment method each year regardless of if you are using the same method as the previous year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

The Statement of Liability issues overnight when the systems are not as busy

Was on to them today, apparently they are having an IT glitch with sending SOLs, no time frame though

I received my SOL on the 2nd of Feb last friday after applying on the 1st of Jan. There was 1030 of an overpayment which I was expecting to be in my ACC today as people are saying it takes 2 business days after SOL is available? I realise it was a bank holiday weekend Anyone have similar story. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Today is the 2nd business day? Earliest I would expect it would be overnight tonight.

• Advertisement

Ya sure will see tonight

Thanks again

Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭gluppers

If the mortgage is in 2 people's names, is it best to apply for mortgage interest relief on the lower income payee's revenue account? Or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Deleted wrong section

Post edited by robfowler78 on

Yep, 7th January. Apparently if you declared foreign interest, your return has to be manually processed.

Got mine back today, submitted on 2nd January

Got charged 40% tax and 8% USC on EU deposit interest from trade republic despite revenues website explicitly stating that it's taxable at the prevailing DIRT rate and not liable for USC.

Submitted an appeal today. Can take 25 working days for a reply apparently.

Mine came back today also, looks like I was charged incorrectly aswell.

How did you appeal? Through my enquiries ?

Yeah there's a line in the SOL saying you should use my enquiries if you don't agree with the figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

Quick question. When doing the statement of liability for more than 1 year e.g. 2022, 2023 does it matter what order you do them and do you have to wait for the earliest to be reconciled by Revenue before moving to next one?

Basically, are years completely indpendent of each other?

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Payments from a public organisation to an individual, that were subject to 20% PSWT at source - should they show up pre-populated in the Revenue account of the individual?

Typically, PAYE employment incomes are pre-populated in the Revenue account.

Should that happen with payments subject to PSWT?

If the amounts are not pre-populated, and the individual adds them in a Form 12 tax return, how will the PSWT withheld be claimed?

I might try the phone first, not waiting another 25 days.

I havent done it in a few years but when you submitted tax credits there used to be a section for inputting withholding tax paid there and it would show up as a credit on the p21 afterwards, not sure if that's still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They’re independent of each other. You can do them in any order

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

I'm still waiting for my rental tax credit since 2nd January

Omicron, I rang them a few minutes ago, (lines close 1.30pm every day)

They apologised for the error and have amended the entry, new statement of liability will issue in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Lightscribe

Finally got my SOL today. Made my 4th phone call to them yesterday and all sorted today with sizeable refund on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

Requested a year of marriage review through MyEnquiries and got notification on Monday that the review was complete.

Anyone have any idea how long before SOL issues? Is it standard waiting time or should it be quicker as the review is completed?

• Advertisement

Anyone else still waiting for theirs? Still nothing after numerous calls and messages,

Advertisement