Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

West Ham, Brentford & Everton with DGW 21

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Brentford and Everton are rubbish. Only West ham worth considering. Palace isn't exactly an easy game for them either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wouldn't be so quick to write off Everton with two home games in a DGW. Calvert Lewin will be a popular transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't have Antonio and not sure I want to take hits to get him. Might stick with just Bowen and captain him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd be worried DCL will be eased back in so might not play the full games and he might take time to get fully up to speed and find some form. It could pay off though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Will bring Bowen in with my FT. Possibly for Bernardo Silva but if there is anything concrete before the deadline about a possible Liverpool postponement, I'll bring him in for Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yeah, it definitely hasn't worked out well for Liverpool having so many African players in their team over the last few years 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Happy new year all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Does anyone remember the few boardsies who captained Antonio the last time they played Norwich?

And this is a double GW now……

• Registered Users Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was gonna do Reece -> Cash but I wonder is Coufal a better pick now with the DGW?

Bernardo may just survive yet another week as I keep him, but go Wilson -> Antonio (-4) instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

West Ham have one clean sheet since October, that was on 12 December against Burnley.

I think I'll go Salah to Bowen, have Antonio already.

Rudiger out, Cash Money in.

Now, to start Dennis or Saka...

Thanks for confirming that West Ham defence should be avoided! A DGW trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wildcard played earlier, to bring in Sa, Son, Davies, Bowen, Raphinha, Kane and Borja for Steele, Salah, Dalot, Gilmour, Gallagher, Ronaldo and Antonio respectively, and added Masuaku for Livaremento after Soton-Newcastle was called off. Want to have enough funds in reserve to bring back in Salah, but still effin' doubting myself if I jumped the gun too much.

Lining up:

Sanchez

Davies-Duffy-Masuaku

Bowen (capt), Son, Silva, Raphinha

Kane, Borja, Lukaku

Lagging behind in my league so chasing points.

I wouldn't bring have Silva. He is playing very deep nowadays so will mostly pick up 2 or 3 points a game. I wouldn't get Raph either. Leeds have a lot of injuries and been rubbish as a result. He has gotten a few penalties in his last few games which is great but I don't think that will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Might even TC Bowen with those fixtures plus his form. The fear would be if his second game went for Covid.

Any alternatives? I have been worried about Silva's new positioning lately but on the flip-side have been happy with Raph (I had him in and took him out last GW for Gallagher, who subsequently didn't play of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

First thinking, get in Bowen for a FT and have him and Antonio. Not feeling anyone else as of now, maybe an Everton asset (Villa, Newcastle, Leeds fixtures after 22). FH in 22 is obvious, didn't use the extra one we got yet either.

Also got to remember that the 2nd game in DGW21 is not until Tuesday and Wednesday week so it's a long wait and what is to say them games will even go ahead and we have an FA cup game in middle where players could pick up injuries.

Jota could be good with Salah and Mane heading off to AFCON after this game. Also, I would get rid of Dalot and get a Wolves defender instead. United have been poor defensively and Dalot might not play that much. I think going triple premium could really hurt you. It's a lot of money and most haven't been performing. Who are your other players?

• Advertisement

Thought occurred to me: Antonio in for Lukaku (tricky run coming) and upgrading in midfield to KDB?

To answer the previous question my subs are currently Sa (who will rotate), Tsimskas (don't fancy him doing much vs. Chelsea), Martinelli (City this weekend) and James (injured, but want to keep him)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Plan on bringing in Bowen and DCL for Bilva and King for a -4. Already had Antonio for the two matches. Think it's worth the risk on DCL. As it stands all my squad are playing at least one match so happy with the gamble even if there are postponements.

Well keeping James is the big mistake. He's going to miss a few games, drop in value too, and we've seen from Tuchel that when you come back from injury he's reluctant to start you straight away and it may even be hard to get your place back if his replacement does a good job.

Advice taken on board, thanks. I didn't realise the extent of James' injury. Chalobah in for him (was excellent the other night), Ait-Nouri in for Masuaku, KDB for Bilva and Antonio back in the game for Lukaku.

Happy with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

James, Gallagher and Pukki to Coufal, Gray and Antonio. Minus 8 but if they just play 65 min of one game I'll make most of that back as none of the 3 out will play due to injury and Covid. Already have Bowen. Plus I have Livramento who is a doubt and Jota and TAA who look likely to have their game called off. So I probably need to take a minus 8 to get 11 on the pitch and DGW players make sense for that. Have just enough money for that so will move tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is there any latest on the Liverpool Chelsea fixture? Its not until Jan 2nd which is a pain. Even if it goes ahead Im thinking of free hitting the 4 players I have out of that fixture as I cant see it being high scoring anyway. Have to deal with Cancelo too so the FH would replace him for a week before he comes back the following gameweek.

Also important to see what the latest predictions are for DGW22. If most teams are doubling that week anyway then it should be possible to get 8 or 9 players on the field with doubles. Im trying to work out if the free hit is more valuable in 21 or 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

I would free hit in 22. Much better potential options.

I am assuming Liverpool Chelsea is off. Plus safer to assume Cancelo will be rested after the attack on his family. But even with that I think taking an 8 point hit in 21 is better than a FH because you can't then use the FH in 22 and that could be one of the biggest DGW of the season with some great attacking options to bring in.

Liverpool Chelsea depends on Liverpool cases I think. Currently Liverpool have 3 first team (Alisson + Firmino + another) and that was before their round of testing today.

A lot will have between 3-5 players from those teams going into this GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Need to move on a few...

Rudiger & mount have 3 difficult games followed by a double blank...

Ramsdale, Tierney & Smith Rowe have city next, followed by 3 handier games then 2 blanks in 3 gw....

Then Salah...

Was looking at taking a -4 to get myself up to treble West ham(coufal & Bowen for rudiger & mount)

But what does one do with Salah, move him on after this GW and but him back after AFCON

Advertisement