Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW21 Transfer Thread

• 30-12-2021 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭

Presuming a lot of us own James and need to ship him due to his hamstring injury then upcoming blank GWs due to Club World Cup.

Dias looks an obvious move but Im not so sure on doubling up on the CIty defence when they have Arsenal & Chelsea in the next two GWs and they dont have a double GW is a good idea. Hard to know what direction to go, the decision will be made easier if we get news of the fixture rearrangements before the deadline.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Banking - Salah, Dennis* and Bissouma going to AFCON.

Will decide what to do next week.

*May not be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’m going to leave James this GW, play Tino Livra and then bring in Robertson for James for what could be a potentially a DGW (BRE & LEE) for Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

Probably going James to Reguilon but he's been a disaster lately, not many other transfers jumping out to me though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whats the story with Dennis and AFCON? I saw some headline that Watford dont want to release him but not sure how they can stop it without other clubs losing players kicking up. Bit of a pain for me if he is staying as I sold him already as a makeweight to get Kane but also on the expectation he is off to AFCON.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Got to get rid of James. I think I'll end up with Dias but have Cancelo, Bilva and Foden currently so I will probably go for Lowton or C Taylor for a couple of weeks until I get Bilva out.

• Advertisement

Id be wary of keeping Bliva, not saying he wont return but it does seem he is playing deeper since the return of KdB. He's been on the pitch for 14 Man City goals in the last four games and hasnt had any involvement. On the plus side he does look pretty nailed as City mids go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Watford claim Nigeria didn't get some paperwork in on time but they don't seem to have much a leg to stand on. Also knowing Dennis if he wants to go he'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm planning to sell him, just not until after I sell James.

ok right its a paperwork issue. I was thinking Watford were refusing to release him due to being in a relegation battle. They'll definitely miss him, AFCON has come at a bad time for them when he is in the form of his life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭shmeee

Might stick James on bench this GW, on him since 5.5 so not too worried about price drops and have 0.1 buffer anyway if only drops 0.1.

It's a waiting game again this GW and surely if a DGW, it will be announced tomorrow or later today.

Bilva is a big worry for me now too, taking up my 3rd city spot (Dias, Cancelo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I am surprised more clubs just avoid African players like the plague...the AFCON is always played during the season...

Ferguson seemed to avoid them during his time at United, apparently it's why he didn't sign Mark Fish before Bolton

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Leceister v Norwich now likely to be postponed this weekend as Norwich have sent a request to the premier league according to well placed Twitter sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

I would like to get rid of the following;

Salah (AFCON)

Dennis (AFCON)

Bachmann (What was I thinking!)

Bilva (Playing too deep)

Maddison (injured and or/Norwich game off)

Livramento (injured + done nothing in weeks)

James (Injurer + upcoming blanks)

Alonso (Chelsea defence a mess + upcoming blanks)

And finally... Toney (not up to much)

And I have 1FT 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

You’ll get away with the 1st 2 for this GW.

Tino will play as Soton ravaged at the back, KWP suspended this week.

Play your other 2 defenders with Livramento.

Keep Maddison. Keep Bilva.

Sell James (any money?)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle apply for a postponement of the Southampton game. The noises coming from there are that they don't have many players & more COVID cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i rage transferred salah out after missing that pen and got kane and benrahma instead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Seriously starting to lose interest in FPL right now.

One of the main attractions of the game is the strategy aspect - planning out transfers, monitoring price changes etc.

All of that is completely obsolete at the minute imho. It's just one week after another of short term firefighting and blowing points on hits.

I'll plough on anyway but just going through the motions at this stage.

As for transfers this week - KDB seems to be the premium asset to have. Might possibly use Free Hit to shake things up for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭shmeee

Correct, Leicester v Norwich officially called off now.

And Newcastle v Saints game in big danger due to more covid tests within Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

I know he's good but getting 2 players for Salah seems like cheating somehow. Livra has a knee injury and there game could be off, so wouldn't be depending on him.

Leicester game off is ruling out my fh, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭The Guru 123

Watching Ronaldo tonight I think he’s a must have. He just gets so many chances and takes so many shots. Think he’ll come in for Salah when I have 2 FTs after this week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd be worried that it was because they were playing a pretty depleted Burnley team.

Granted I didn't watch tonight, but I did on Monday against Newcastle. He barely had a shot that night. None on target. Got booked.

He is basically returning in every second GW. Not sure if 12.5 is worth that myself, but might have to if everyone starts to jump on.

James, Salah, Liivra, Bilva, Cornet and Toney all in danger of a price drop tonight. Will suck up the 0.1m drop on James in the hope of finding out the DGW fixtures before the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Sancho and Ronnie looked good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭skippy15

Moving James on but don't love the options, not keen on Chelsea have 3 city, so does regullion look the best bet with potential dgw even if he came of at half time, or ride it for a week for robbo or someone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was going to get Madison in for either Mount or Bilva. That's scuppered now. Might go Bowen instead

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Reguilon was on a yellow already so it might have been precautionary

• Advertisement

Looking at Cash possibly. Gerrard had Rangers fairly tight at the back, a couple CS at Villa already & potential DGWs.

The Salah / Robbo switch could work. Would need to to the transfers over a couple of GWs but Rudiger + Salah -> Robbo + Son works out.

Advertisement