Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you think it will all end? They are talking about a 4th jab now ffs

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I’ve had the same number covid vaccine’s as ManUre have European cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Do read up on them, use text books, not twitter and facebook, even wikipedia would be a humongous improvement from wherever you're getting your current misinformation from.

I'm pretty confident that your consultant is not telling you to not get boosters...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

After having two bad reactions that have completely wiped me out now, I am absolutely done. It’s grand for those who only have a little sore arm but for those of us it causes severe aches and fever in, the thought of having to put up with this potentially four times a year is too much. And I’m sorry if that makes me come across as insensitive but enough is enough.

A once a year booster is a different story though and I would take that, but 3/4 times a year is far too much when it causes such severe reactions in otherwise healthy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah that's a fair summary of what has happened this year. There's no way of knowing if it's a trend which will continue or if it's just what happened this year. Time will tell.

It appears that imunity wanes from about 3 months for both infection and vaccinations. So national vaccinations in the winter is very likely. The most likely way out is if the virus becomes less dangerous so that it couldn't overwhelm the health service. That would be ideal.

It's interesting to see some people complain about restrictions and others complain about having to get a booster. But I think there's a huge overlap between those groups. The more people who don't get their head around getting boosters to avoid restrictions, the greater the likelihood of getting restrictions.

Post edited by El_Duderino 09 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,117 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It's a far better investment to spend it on cheap vaccines than to spend it on expensive ICU beds for unvaccinated (by choice) people who wouldn't have needed them if they had been vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I also had a bad reaction to the Moderna booster but who is talking about four times a year into the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I suppose the question for you is which is worse: the likelihood of restrictions or the reaction to the booster?

Immunity BEGINS to wane after 3 months so the likelihood is a vaccine ahead of winter and maybe another vaccine in the year. Would you do 2 vaccinations a year to help avoid restrictions?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

We need better vaccines and they're coming. The current ones are too leaky and temporary. As far as infection is concerned anyway. As far as protection against serious illness and death they've been pretty bloody brilliant.

If vaccines long term turned covid into a "headcold' for the majority and the vulnerable were protected by boosters when required then I don't see why we need to live under constant restrictions. It's quite simply not workable long term.

It appears we got lucky with omicron in that it's looking much milder and more infectious which should throw some sort of herd immunity into the mix. And that was bloody lucky. We keep hearing that viruses get weaker over time, but that's utter bollocks. Omicron could have been more infectious and more deadly.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement