Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Christmas Bonus

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Yes, but it needs to be Validated first, which is where the app turns into a pile of **** for me.

If I could get as far as accessing the voucher, the world would be my oyster, transfer to Revolut, a physical card, Google Pay or Online. Problem is, I enter my email and password, get the validation code sent to my phone (tried it 6 times last night) and it just **** hangs.

Not sure how I'm meant to get past that point. Updated the One4All app, restarted my phone, cleaned the cache etc.. Still the same dismal shitshow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭donegal_man

No bonus this year or last. It's based on company, department & region hitting targets. So even though both department & region exceeded targets both years because the US dragged the company down nobody gets anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Nice set up so to rarely give it...put the company first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

That’s the way it should be. The company should always come first and if the company is doing well, then you get a bonus.

a bonus is by its very definition, not guaranteed and an extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Any time I've got a performance bonus it's never been tied to Xmas.

I have often got vouchers for Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Most years we get something.

You get complacent and expect it come December.

No sign of it this year yet, not even a hamper in lieu of the xmas party.

Last year there was a Hamper, it was sh!t but it was better then pretending to be friends with all your work colleagues for one night.

I was happy with it, then on top of that we got a Perx giftcard for €350.

Last year I was expecting nothing as Covid made sh!t of our business.

We don't get bonuses, so the little bit at xmas is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

1 weeks wages assuming company is meeting their own targets so not as much as a lot of others are posting here.

We also got a colouring book to help with stress (I wish i was joking on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

End of the financial year which is March/April for me. It's performance based and has been a nice amount the last few years but I put it straight into the pension (very rock and roll!), which I neglected in my younger years.

EDIT: Oh I just remembered, because we're all WFH these days, last xmas they did send a little bottle of champers and a BIG tinned panettone out to the house. Both went down well!

Post edited by theteal on

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hit and miss for me. Worked for a large supermarket chain that used to give £250 in vouchers (to spend in the shop!). Most of the staff were under 25 so used to just get their parents to swap for cash, but still, that's a bit tight in hindsight.

No Xmas bonus in most other jobs till my current one. Part time job in college was a 24/7/365 affair, and paid insane money for working over Xmas, so you could do 8 hours on Xmas Eve and a 4 hour shift on Xmas morning and come home with €500. Which was kind of like a bonus :D

Current job used to pay a 1k bonus when they were a small company. Then they expanded from 20 to 100 people and that was a big chunk of change, so they had to size it down to €150. Then covid hit :D

This year we got a decent wine & stuff hamper easily €100 in value, so I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Nothing. No surprise there. The company made a 'donation' to charity i.e. a tax write off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I'll pm you my address if you don't want them.

My son loves the intricacy of them 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Cannot believe nobody has mentioned this for spending the xmas bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I love my Jelly of the Month sub!

It was on telly yesterday 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

On the subject of bonuses, friend of mine got a smaller one this year & last because of covid, *only* $40,000.

He got $58,000 the year before.

Works for Texaco & has a basic of $400k a year.

If, like most, you're gonna end up with a small pension then you're aswell not bother.

Lidl/aldi making millions and most deputy managers never hit target for bonus.

Set it super high and never give it.

Companies coming first is a big part of whats wrong with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭furiousox

500 quid cash, 500 quid one4all and a small hamper with wine, steak and smoked salmon.

Small firm, boss is decent and being well treated by him means you dont mind going the extra mile sometimes.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Confirmed today, €25k bonus. Lower than 2019 but higher than last year. 50-50 personal and company performance.

Also confirmed share options at 100% of salary coming next month. Take 4 years to vest so not an immediate bonus but still good to get.

Everyone outside of management here can get up to €1500 bonus purely on personal performance and also get €500 One4all.

Management don’t get the voucher, but can get significantly higher bonuses, and are eligible for option awards

Advertisement