Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ouch.

FPL is slowly descending into more pot luck. All the planning in the world and it gets thrown out because of games being called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think you need 4 decent subs now with all this covid stuff happening again, it's doable this season with the lack of good options upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yep....it's like deja vu all over again with the Covid shenanigans.

I might use my FT this week to switch Foster to Ramsdale (also have Sanchez)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

So many have done Spurs / Brighton assets to United players and now stung again if this game gets called off.

So are these the teams with Covid issues as of now;

Man United, Spurs, Brighton, Villa, Norwich?

Some only minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Omicron is an FPL pain. While some debate over its potency still there's no doubt it's taking over in England and spreads like a mofo. The next month will get worse before it gets better player cases wise. Vaccinated and previously infected alike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

So are these the teams with Covid issues as of now;

Man United, Spurs, Brighton, Villa, Norwich?

Leicester too according to BBC sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It did cross my mind when I brought De Gea in gw16 for Steele that I will have - Sanchez and De Gea playing in the same game. But thought surely I could not be that unlucky to have it called off..... 😯

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I’m fairly happy with my team at the moment but if the United Brentford game gets called off, it’s going to f*ck up my gameweek.

I’ll be without Ronaldo, Dalot & Mbuemo with nobody to come off my bench as Cancelo is suspended & Omobamidele is injured/not guaranteed starter.

Im thinking of just riding out the red arrows this week instead of ripping my team apart with hits because I feel like these covid outbreaks is going to get worse. I fear we might be headed for another premier league shutdown.

Not going to make any transfers tonight anyway. I think it’s best to wait till tomorrow or whenever the clubs / PL put out a statement clarifying the situation

My GW 17 team:

Sanchez

James TAA Dalot

Salah(C) Jota ESR Raphinha

Dennis Antonio Ronaldo

(Steele, Mbuemo, Omobamidele, Cancelo)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Already used my FT to bring in Teilemens for Townsend, and now am facing the prospect of starting with 9 players this week if United game is cancelled.

Sanchez/Steele

Livaremento (yellow flagged)/James/Dalot (game in doubt)/Tsimikas (maybe Newcastle is an ideal game to rotate)/Duffy (Suspended)

Tielemans/Salah (C)/Silva/Raphinha/Gilmour (set to be first sub in)

Ronnie/Lukaku (burned me last weekend)/Antonio

Think I may ride out the potential storm as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I think I'll bring in a cheap sub keeper in case the united match is cancelled . The more playing subs the better at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think I have to do the same. I got away with a -8 last gameweek. Don't see what I can do this week. If both my keepers (Sanchez and De Gea) do not play it is just hard luck. But my bench is on its bare bones to borrow the title thread from gw16. Because I still have Toney who I had hoped would play if fit. I also have Cancelo suspended and stupidly got Ronaldo in early for Vardy.

So my only sub is Gilmour (who is playing well thankfully). But any more than one injury of my outfield players I will be down to 9.

Bit of a mess - really.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Brought Maguire in with my FT this week, as a bit of differential...balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Man United’s trip to Brentford the second game in three days called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I did Wilson to Dennis before seeing that the United Match is off.

Would I have spend the FT or even -4 to get rid of Ronaldo? I dont know tbh and I think we'll see more matches postponed further destroying any reasonable planning

I'm getting very close to just leaving it altogether. Alot of time & effort at the best of times, the xmas schedule looks like it will be decimated akin to the latter cup rounds on a regular basis for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Will KDB start?

If Ronaldo is out of 3 GWs, it's probably worth the -4 as he will be getting 0 in those weeks. If you get someone who plays, then you'll cover the hit and won't lose team value. Might even gain some.

Have a plan ready for a -4, and see if there is more news on what players are affected, if more games will be affected etc closer to the deadline.

So it looks like the time has finally arrived for me to say cheerio to Mbeumo......already have Salah, Jota, Bilva and Raphina.

I'm reluctant for any more double ups in my squad with the Covid shenanigans going on (have 3 LIV, 2 CHE already) so that probably pushes the likes of Gallagher and Bowen ahead of Mount and Foden.

Tempted to go for Gallagher tbh.... apparently his role has become more attacking since Hughes came into the team. Decent fixtures too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

We're back to the same strategy as last year at this stage, avoid triple up with teams, and have playing benches.

It's unlucky if you've been hit by Spurs/Utd's postponements, but we've had the warning now.

10 days isolation. That would cover GW 17 & GW18.

Then, there could be recovery time / rebuilding of fitness necessary, if positive would be GW19.

Only counts if the player is positive though really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Interested to hear if anyone still has Raphinha and what, if anything they are doing with him?

Jimi to Dennis was my free transfer this week already done.

Raphinha has returned in his last 3 so it's hard to get rid but city, ARS, liv up next.

White, Antonio and Raphinha this week to fit into 2 positions, currently benching Antonio...

Fwiw I'm keeping Raphina and will be starting him in the next few games....Leeds are poor but he seems to be centrally involved in everything they do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Went early with my transfers

Is Bachmann worth a -4 for Steer with the potential the following GW off for United too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Sold him for Gallagher this week, will likely get him back in a few weeks when fixtures improve

I sold him for Bowen just after the deadline for GW16. I wanted to bank his value, and the fixtures swing was active so it felt like the right time. It feels so long ago now! He scored about 2 days later but alas he was on my bench.

I'm somewhat regretting the transfer now, but I'll have Bowen for WHU nice run overall, so hopefully it can work out long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

If I knew lukaku would start I would bring him in for Ronaldo. Surely has to be ready to start a league game now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Have 10 players who are not "out". No GK as have Fernandaze and Foster.

Might just do Ronaldo out to Antonio and leave it at that with my FT. And not play with a GK, apart from Liverpool can't see any solid CS for a GK TBH. And is it worth the -4?

Will wait until bang on deadline to move anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

with three utd players one spurs and a couple of flags i had to use my free hit, would have preferred to keep for a double week but needs must i'm already having a terrible season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Gundogan>Gallagher. Thoughts on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Having 2 City players now though is even more of a risk than during normal times. Jesus is next out the door for me. Don't think I'm going to take a -4 to get rid of him here though.

Had 3 miss out at the weekend due to Covid. Got a lucky break I guess due to Mbueno coming in. I still have Son and Regulion so hopefully their game goes ahead.

If the Spurs game gets postponed again and Pep rotates then I'm down to 9. Might not be as bad as some though.

Advertisement