Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW17 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve done another -4 and gone for

Gundo -> Foden

Wilson -> Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dennis looks like he might rise tonight so given the deadline is Tuesday anyway I think I'll go from Wilson to him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

So many choices of who to get rid of.

Jesus (2 goals this season),

ASM (3 goals this season) or

Benteke (only started 1 in the last 4 games)

So few choices of who to replace them with. Has to be Dennis.

ASM next 2 fixtures are scary so he's getting the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭touts

James out. He has done nothing since I got him in and see no signs that will change anytime soon. Not sure who to replace him with as with Spurs, ManU and Villa all looking iffy due to Covid issues I suspect I will need to pick carefully to be able to field 11 players so it could be a deadline hour transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jiminez to Dennis

Team is alright for this week before we hear any more news of covid outbreaks, matches off, etc so no hits planned.

Question is who to start from White, Antonio, Raphinha.

Started Raph at the weekend and got lucky at the expense of James. Antonio has done fúck all recently but it'd be typical for me to start White, bench Antonio and then he hauls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dunno what to do....Wilson out for Jesus maybe.

Or get rid of Mbeumo-Post for Gallagher?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sky reporting that no Man Utd players have reported for training this morning.

I wonder have they considered that Man Utd might be training in the evening time, ahead of an evening game?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,195 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I knew the risk so I still have Son and Regulion after making this week's transfer.

Holding for their quadruple gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Wilson -> Dennis

Gundogan to Bernardo/Maddison for -4 to fix a rot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Chelsea have started conceding goals. Steel is Steel. Livramento is now fantasy fodder with lots of better cheaper options. Jota has just had two blanks and missed a few sitters. Smith Rowe is injured. Gelhardt is an impact sub at best for now. Lots of potential switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I can't take SKY seriously at all. They are like a parody station at this stage. If it is not a 'heated' discussion on youtube it is LIVE - EXCLUSIVE. Or interviewers asking leading questions in players interviewers. Even worse if the English of the player is minimal.

Reading between the lines the reporter is speculating with damn all concrete info. Using words like 'strangely'.

I think like you imply it bodes well for the Man United v Bradford game going ahead if at all possible. The PL won't want any more cancellations (if possible) as they will have to end up extending the season.

Plus isn't there a rule that if a club has 14 or so players available they have to play the game?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

1 point behind in my league - went King over Dennis this week which screwed me.

Any suggestions with 0.2m in the bank? Thinking something with Sissoko and Jesus.

ESR is due back soon. The Jota one is a bit of conundrum because he is capable of getting big fpl scores. But seems very inconsistent.

Things can change very quickly - look at Gallagher for example - the narrative was he was playing a bit deeper and losing out on some set pieces. He had scored in gw12-15 he had scored 5,2,1,2 in those games. Now he gets 15 points and he is suddenly flavour of the month again.

I would agree with you on Livramento. In future gameweeks I am going to try and get Davies in for him. To have that cheap Spurs option ready. I agree with you on Gelhardt the OP might as well get Locadia. As Bielsa is going to use Gelhardt sparingly. James is ahead of him in the pecking order and Bamford/Rodrigo are waiting to get fit.

The obvious changes would be Villa Watkins in for Jesus. Or Cash in for Alonso. Ramsey in for Sissoko. But with the Villa Covid question mark it would be best to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Armstrong out

Pukki in

Need to find a way to get Ronaldo asap as his ownership is rising fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Denis will be heading off for African cup after Xmas, have been meaning to change pukki out for him the last month but feel I've missed boat now

Really flirting with the idea of playing triple captain with Salah.

I have been royally screwed by it the last 2 seasons when I have waited for double game weeks, I had Mane on that famous DGW where he went off injured after 13 mins in the first game and that was the end of that!

Am I an idiot here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Actually nigeria have sacked their manager so he probably is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,195 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Plan was Wilson to Watkins but going to wait pending Villa covid news. Also mulling over Dennis as well, not sure on a Watford double up though they do seem to have goals in them and the fixtures are decent.

There is definitely an argument to be made to use it this week with Liverpool/Salah in shít hot form against the worst team in the league currently.

I personally wouldn't do it but certainly not an idiot if you pulled the trigger.

A DGW is the 'obvious' time to do it but plenty of instances where it just hasn't worked out for one reason or another.

The other side of the coin is that Salah is so heavily owned and captained that anything you do get is only 50% more of everyone else. Whereas in other circumstances, you'd pick a captain that isn't so heavily owned and you can make good headway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve taken a punt on Benteke.

if you watched Arsenal v Southampton you’ll know why.

I’m sure Vieria did too & will play Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah had thought of TC Salah v Newcastle myself. I dont think I will though as theres a small chance he gets rested, he is due one I think. Im not sure why Klopp brought him all the way to Milan to play 60 minutes when the group was already won, that was the ideal opportunity to rest him.

Im still ear marking the TC for Son in a double gameweek or maybe even this potential triple. It could go pear shaped but so could a single game as well. I TC'ed Salah last season in an easy fixture after he had scored a hat trick and he blanked returning 6 points.

Some talk that Brighton have a COVID outbreak now too.

I've Sanchez and DDG and could still have no GK this week! 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭shmeee

United training ground closed for 24 hours..... Will they push back their game tomorrow night? Or fully posponed it?

This is slowly turning into a **** show. I avoided majority of it the weekend by only have 1 player involved from Spurs / Brighton, don't think I can avoid this one.

Advertisement