Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW17 transfer thread

• 11-12-2021 5:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Will wait for news on Lei v Tot as have Vardy and Reguilon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,195 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

May move Wilson on. Had planned to bench him this week but Cancelo suspension put paid to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have already moved out Raphina but I might actually take a hit to move out James. He's very frustrating now and can't really be benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Adam Armstrong out.

Looking at Richarlson which scares me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭macraignil

Moved Kane out just after getting this weeks free transfer. He's spent way too much time in my team this season. Watkins has looked much more lively in the games I have seen so hoping he can start turning the work rate into goals and the move leaves me with 5.4mill in the bank to upgrade elsewhere. Guaita, Reece James and Gallager looking like the most likely players to get repaced at the moment but going to wait for the free transfers to become available to replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Wilson out is my likely move, his fixtures are awful with Liverpool, City and United in the next three. Will likely go to Dennis as its hard to ignore that kind of form and he has 3 okay fixtures ahead

That Raphinha haul stung a bit today but Im telling myself that Leeds wont get a penalty every game. Have James myself and the fear of selling him is that he hauls soon. He is a right headache as Chelseas defence has now let in 8 goals in their last 3 games and Ive got Alonso as well. Meanwhile Rudiger got two assists today and is quietly racking up points, he now has more than James.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have a look at Benteke in the same game tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He has Southampton with Caballero in nets next. Targeting Southampton while he's in nets could pay off, he was flapping at everything today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sissoko / ASM out

Bowen / Dennis in

Two form players coming in, giving me a strong front 8 for the Christmas rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

Hopefully there is some confirmation on the Leicester v Spurs game before Tuesday's deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Best Jiminez replacement?

Dennis and King the obvious but is Dennis' form sustainable? Not convinced on King tbh even with the underlying stats.

Watkins might be worth a punt, fixtures are okay but he hasn't done a whole lot. Ings maybe the fact that he's back.

Palace today might bring Benteke or Edouard into the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Benteke and Eduoard are sharing time at the moment. Stunts both as they sub for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ASM to Watkins and Raphinha to Bowen for -4 was the plan but now tempted to get Ronaldo for -8.

ASM/Alonso/Raphinha to Ronaldo/Williams/McGinn is what I'm thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

How could I improve upon this

Mendy

Steel

Cancelo

James

Trent

Alonso

Livemento

Salah

Bernardo

Jota

Bowen

Smith Rowe

Ronaldo

Dennis

Gelhardt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Think I have to get rid of Vardy regardless.

Man Utd COVID outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Yep. Was planning Vardy out for Ronaldo but now.........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aston Villa in trouble with Covid now as well.

Spurs trained today, so you would expect that Spurs Leicester game to go ahead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Possibly another hit.

Vardy + Gundog to Ronaldo + Gilmour.

I’ll then bring in Reguilon or Coufal the week after, and go 4-3-3.

Will obviously need to assess the United Covid problem

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This has me thinking of keeping Vardy. Spurs might have a pretty poor team out and Vardy has been rested so should start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thinking of shipping Reece James out - is TAA worth 8.1 now or have I missed the boat? VVD at 6.6 looks appealing and I fear the value has gone from TAA at his current price - struggling to pay over 8 for a defender!

Reguilon after the Liverpool game is also a contender

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I did Vardy out Ronaldo in to avoid price rise fall even before the Norwich game was played (on Saturday) could come back to bite me now.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Liverpool have been going good defensively so could do worse than VDD. I have Davies lined up from gw19 - gw21

But In your shoes I would go James out Cash in.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It would have been Vardy to Ronaldo - may hold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trent definitely worth the 8.1, he is the leading defender by a fair margin and he has outscored all the forwards in the game and has also outscored every single midfielder except for Salah. If he were a forward or a midfielder 8.1m would look like a bargain for the points he returns. For me anyway he is a season long set and forget barring injury. I wouldnt struggle to pay his price as a defender becasue not owning when so many do is a threat to your rank.

Trent also has max bonus in the last 2 games. His creativity always keeps him in the hunt, even if he is not getting attacking returns.

I'd echo the above comments, take his price as a midfielder and you would easily pay it. 3nd highest scorer this season and got his rest the midweek just gone. He will also get a rest in the league cup game. I can't see him being rested in the league. Maybe 10 mins here and there if a game gets wrapped up.

On a cheaper level, I'd look at Dalot as a replacement for James. But be wary of the COVID situation with Man United first. And the AWB injury but from what I can see, the RB position is his to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Jota/Chalobah out

Trent/Maddison in

I couldn't afford Chalobah and Cancelo on the bench when my other option is Locadia who has less minutes than me this season. No sign of Chalobah coming back in the near future and Reguilon has a decent set of fixtures and those games in hand so could hardly get rid of him. Trent is the obvious defender and a standout all around and worth the 8 million, especially considering the midfield/forward alternatives.

It was between Mané and Jota, unfortunately. Given how my recent transfers have gone I suspect a Jota hat-trick against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭student7890

Thinking the same but after their game with toffees. Thinking of VVD and Robbo as differentials against TAA.

Does it make sense to have Salah, VVD and Robo when a lot of teams have (only) Salah and TAA..

Twice the chances of assists and clean sheets. VVD proved this two weeks ago scoring against Southampton and matter of time for Robbo to score.

Defenders giving good value this season.

Going 'Kim K' this year

Beam me up Scotty.

• Advertisement

This might sound stupid but you're less likely for VVD to score a goal when Robbo plays. Robbo is on some of the Liverpool corners, and his delivery from corners has been very poor this season. Tsimikas' delivery is twice as good from corners.

But that is only on one side, and TAA is on the other side, where the threat is still high. VVD could well have scored at the weekend, from a TAA corner. And as you mentioned, he scored a game or two ago, again from a TAA corner, but it looks like maybe another will come sometime soon.

Robbo will never score a goal! He's the worst finisher at the club at the moment. Unless he is passing or crossing in the box, he doesn't know what to do and can't sort his shooting out.

All that said, the idea of double defence to somewhat neutralise the threat of TAA. You're still paying 13.6 for 2 players instead of 8.1 for 1. Double the CS points but also double the non CS if Liverpool do concede.

I'd nearly do TAA only, then VVD only, then VVD + Robbo, in that order if it was down to me. TAA + Cancelo is roughly the same as Robbo + VVD price wise but you're spreading the liability and still have attacking threat.

Advertisement