Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭petronelduca

Actually, can anyone provide some advice on how to set up the charging schedule on the car to be continuously On? As in, once the schedule of the charging point kicks in, the car would take the charge without any other intervention?

I have difficulties in getting this done if I program both the charger and the car, with the same times and all, in the way that the charge won't start.

Is the option on the menu "Charge Now" actually keeping the car ready to take a charge once the charger kicks in a few hours later?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'd delete any on car schedules you have and select the Charge now option and see does it start when the CP turns on.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭vimalandrew

You mentioned 450 km. Is it correct. Whenver I charge it shows maximum of 411 km only. Do I need to contact dealer for an update.

Hi Vimal,

I'm not sure that's a reason. Those 450 km shown are with aircon off and it's only a GOM (guess-o-meter) range display.

I would say the more accurate way to read the range is to measure a certain distance you do, against the charging percentage shown in the MyT app, in case you don't have the Elm OBd yolke to attach to the car and read the current values from the CarScanner app.

Just my opinion.

As of today,

mileage is 943km and the total number of kwh according to my home charger is 183.

This means 19.4kwh per 100km. The mileage was done almost exclusively (some 870km) on normal roads, no motorway, with the heat always ON and set for 23 degrees, as my wife loves it like this.

On this basis, the usable battery capacity would give circa 330km real life range, perhaps a bit more, if I include the fact that the mornings were quite cold at times, with one morning having to take out the ice from the windscreen.

I took some motorway driving yesterday, on a superb 20 degrees Celsius, and tested the range at 110km/h and 120km/h with Air Conditioning on and off for both instances.

The loss ratio between the range displayed and the actual distance varied from the worst 1:1.46 when driving with 120km/h and heating off, to 1:1.1 when driving with 110km/h and heating off (mind the range displayed with heating On and heating Off)

I hope this gives some more insight on the real life range.

Next week I should be doing a trip to Dublin, mostly motorway, and driving from the west, this should be helpful to clarify even further what happens on the motorway at motorway speeds.

Post edited by petronelduca on

• Advertisement

Is your car's 'close and lock' button in the boot door is working?. If not, did the dealer said anything about it.

Is your car's 'close and lock' button in the boot door is working?. If not, did the dealer said anything about it.

I asked the dealer about it and he said something in the likes of "when you want to close the boot and also the car, just push that button and go away from the car".

I tried it and something happened but I do not recall exactly what.

I'll try this evening once I get my hands on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭yermanthere

Regarding boot release from either inside car or using key fob. You need to press and hold button for a few seconds.

The button to close and lock the boot also doesn't work for me. But I haven't tried press and hold.

Also the hands free unlock worked once for me, and never again. When car senses your phone approaching and unlocks car. What have I changed?

"When car senses your phone approaching and unlocks car. What have I changed?"

I didn't even know this is possible....

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill. That's the thing. Just press the 'close and lock' button in boot door and move away. Boot closes and car will be locked. So fantastic.

To some of us it actually is, even though is not something one might need often.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Philips2233

Setup the MyT app on my phone. Thought I might have mapping, so I could send a destination to my car. Only have 'Service and Maintenance', 'Find my Car', 'EV Coaching' and 'Warning Lights'. Shows the battery SOC and can lock/unlock also. Also can turn on the heating. So really, just missing the mapping. Maybe we don't get mapping in Ireland. Thanks, Philip.

If anyone can tell, is the charger on board of the car an 11kw one?

I'm plugged in at work, on a 22kwh charging point.

I noticed the highlighted value is higher than at home, on a 7kw charger.

Thank you.

11kw OBC is vehicles manufactured in 2023. Before that/ early launch models, had a 6.6kw onboard charger. You wouldn't really notice much difference at home as they are approx 7kw charger. Granny charger is what, 2 kw/hour?

So it looks like that your car has the 11kw OBC, but I'd hope for a better pull from a 22kw charger. Maybe try another one? The ESB chargers at found at Tesco and other spots are 22/11 kw points.

BZ4X with 6.6kw OBC will only pull that at those points.

You can see the attraction of the ZOE, with a true 22kw OBC. These charge points are still AC/ Three phase, so much more common. And 22 kw/hour is a respectable charge rate. A one hour lunch break, or visit to street coffee shop will see a nice charge.

@yermanthere many thanks for clarifying. I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

So it looks like that your car has the 11kw OBC, but I'd hope for a better pull from a 22kw charger. Maybe try another one?

Getting 9.7kW sounds about right from an 11kW capable car as that figure is probable the figure getting to the battery so would include charging losses which would typically be 5-10%

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Plus as well if sitting in the car with systems/climate on, it will/should always try and draw its consumption power from the shore power as opposed to the battery….

Trip to Dublin: total distance 236km. Outside temp at 05:00 was 11 degrees Celsius.

Started with a range of 361km on a full charge, heating/ac permanently On.

Speed on the motorway 112km/h (shown as 108km/h on my Nextbase dash cam).

Arrived at destination with 51km left in range or 16% charge. So for 236 real kms I "lost" 311km from the GOM.

84% from the 64kwh useable on th battery means 53.7kwh used for the 236km.

This results in a mileage consumption of 22.75 kwh/100km, ventilation on and 112km/h. It does not look great but it's not too bad either.

As a funny fact, on the return trip, on 16 degrees and a speed on the motorway between 120-125 km/h, the range left when finished was 101km, nearly double than the morning. Ventilation was as well On permanently.

• Advertisement

All very good information. How did you recharge to 100%? As in a fast charger or slow charger. If it was a fast charger, what was kw speed and how long did it take?

I have a few long day-trips coming up, and trying to figure out where and how long a recharge to get home will take.

Beside the home charger at home at 7kwh, I only used the one in work yesterday, which is a 22kwh one. As per the snippet already shewed a few posts back, the max drawn was nearly 10kwh and it took less than 6 hours from 16% to 100%.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭society4

Anyone get their second key from Toyota yet ?

Or word on the software update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Philips2233

Anyone finding the ride to be a bit harsh/bumpy on the backroads? Undulating backroads mostly. Good around towns. Thanks

That would be unusual for Toyota in fairness they're normally brilliant on back roads. Have you checked the tyre pressures?

My one has 2.8 bars in each tyre, and I think I saw in the manual that it should be 2.3, but I have to double check that.

I found my bz4x to be a bit more "rough" whilst on the back seat compared to the ones on front, but other than that, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Apparently it's not uncommon for new EVs to be delivered with too much air in the tyres.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard of the update we are all waiting for?

Advertisement