Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ms. Marvel - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

quite mitchell and machiney

• Registered Users Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm most definitely not the target audience but like all things superhero-ish and have to say whilst I expected to hate it I actually quite enjoyed it.

This seems more Stargirl territory which I wasn't sure if I would like but had enough charm to hook me

Unlike Naomi which I hated after about 10 mins as it was so so bad

Will definitely give it a few more episode

6 eps not too much of an ask

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: Enjoyed that! My first experience of Ms Marvel I think.

Jeez I was remembering Kate Bishop a bit but.. eh... Kamala feels like she's gonna need to come on a good bit more than Kate.

A good intro to the world though and much more feeling like an origin story.

Haven't a clue what the credits scene was all about bar the obviousness of it.. I'm guessing Ms Marvel universe related unless I missed some previously shown MCU.

DODC eh? With a power level reader thingey..

Phew! Glad I wasn't imagining it!

I guess my only issue was the cosplay contest though.. It's a pity there was no Drax there..

unless he was moving very slowly 🤔😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Apparently the two agents in the mid credits were seen in Spider-man No Way Home but I don't remember them and actually presumed they were SWORD agents, which would lead into Monica Rambau turning up, leading into The Marvels movie.

• Advertisement

ah I see.. I watched Graces breakdown of Episode one and she mentioned the same..

The Department of Damage Control in "Spider-Man: Homecoming".

What I'm thinking about then is Bruno

He seems an awful lot into tech and there was that kinda Big Tech Corp vibe from his logo on the gloves

I was reminded of 90s animated Spiderman from the feel of it.. and I'd been thinking about how Bruno, Parker and Cap are in or adjacent to New York

Now this feels more of a tangible link to the Spiderman verse.

I'm wondering if Bruno is gonna go kinda corporationey... maybe like the Harry Osborne I remember or something.. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very enjoyable first episode thought it was pretty true in tone to the comics. It definitely skews a bit younger than some of the other marvel shows.

I guess giving the flop of the inhumans tv show no shock they had to write them out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,364 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Recreating Black Widow's death did make me smile.

This really is just good fun and you can tell the cast are having a blast mmaking this.

The energy in this show really is "cosmic"

It's interesting that they are just calling her power "hard light". Very reminiscent of Tandy Bowen, the Dagger of Cloak & Dagger. Although obviously Kamala's powers are a little safer.

Episode 2 even better than 1. Immensely charming, well casted, looks really excellent and stylish for the most part, good music choices, all very in keeping with the comic, the storyline changes work fine for the most part.

I do think the origin of her powers in the comic were better but I suppose they had little choice but to change them with how the inhumans show flopped.

The Kamran character also got his powers in the same way from what I remember...

Oh and a rather excellent getting used to your powers montage.

• Advertisement

I'm liking this show

Could very easily have gone into cheesy/corny mode but they are treading that line perfectly and not whitewashing the characters origins which surprised me a little

2: Good episode! Liking how this story is being introduced and explored. Might be that the character and surrounds are new and so it's feels a proper Origin story introduction.

I'm guessing her grandmother had the powers then. The full story of her to be explored still.

Not sure about Kamran and his mother. When he showed up first, I guessed he might be a DODC spy but then showing up like that at the end I was guessing he might be a baddie... but then his mother was there .. and now I'm not sure. Might be related to Kamalas family.

This bangle.. spotting words on it.. I wonder how old it is. Could it be recent and maybe Kree related or maybe way old and Eternals related or something different altogether. Could there be another dimension for this show something like Dormammu from Dr Strange 1.. I dunno.

For some reason I'm finding I prefer start of the episodes of the MCU tv shows that start with the proper Marvel intro logo/jingle thing

Yep still glad I wasn't imagining the stretch powers in the trailer 😁

For some reason I'm finding I prefer start of the episodes of the MCU tv shows that start with the proper Marvel intro logo/jingle thing

I like the odd mix up. Example the "School band" version of Star Spangled Man with a Plan in TFATWS, Eifel 65s Blue in Iron Man 3, and Blinding Lights on Episode 1 of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

I wonder are the bangles and the 20 rings 'related'?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

While it's not 100% based on the comics as the powers and origin differ for Kamala, Kamran has a comic version and while they could diverge as with everything it might not so there is a comic answer there so if you google his name you're getting a possible spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

I have found the first two very boring. I have fallen asleep trying to watch them

Cool. I'll keep with the show for my introduction. It's doing fine so far.

Not sure why but it feels like it's been ages since a proper origin story... and it feels good!

Episode 3 hugely enjoyable. It looks really fun and colourful. Changes from the comic but they work.

Brown Jovi lol.

I think first villain she fought in the comic was the inventor? I suppose not easy to do a villain who is a giant bird...

One weakness for me is the Kamran character the actor isn't great...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,364 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Such a great fun show and the colours really do give it such a great fun brightness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kamala pulling the alarm had nothing to do with the imminent attack, she just wasn't a fan of Bon Jovi.

I enjoyed the wedding. Was a fun wee dance number. Quickest ceremony and reception ever?

Quick heel turn by the Clan Destines.

Wonder what powers she'll get if she gets the second bangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

When they mentioned the two bangles I was half thinking, they were the nega bands as the arm they took from did look blue as in Kree which I was half thinking they were.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I wonder will they tie in the 10 rings as that's the carving in the flashback, I think.

It's a great little show the younger actors especially very good.

Hopefully Marvel figure out how they're gonna use that gov agency, (are the sokovia accords in still post the blip?) Is generic powered hunter registration type their thing?

Long long term laying down the groundwork for mutants and sentinels in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Absolute garbage unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Those government guys aren't brand new they're the dept of damage control, they're the guys who kicked vulture off the job at the start of spider man and were moving all the alien stuff. At the time they were just dealing with containment of tech.

Post Sheild they seem to have expanded their scope from dangerous tech to general super powered weirdness now.

They're also the ones who went after Spider man when his identify was revealed.

They're supplied by Stark ind, and all those weapons they were using were stark tech. The drones where the ones mysterio used.

Wasn't impressed with her friend offering food contracts she has no power over unilaterally to one vendor for the promise of a vote.

More happening in this show then Obi-wan it turnign out to be more mature then Obi-wan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Oh I know they're not new. Just feels how they're interacting with powered individuals is escalating. And will that go somewhere storywise at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've really enjoyed the first three episodes. I'm not it's target audience, but I really like all the production decisions made so far. The CGI illustrations of Kamala's plans were a nice touch. Brings a lot of pop and action what would be otherwise dull exposition.

I know some people won't enjoy the sub plot of Kamala's struggles as a 2nd generation immigrant child and the friction between her more traditional parents. But they frame the story in a good way and it builds to a massive song and dance number where again we see some really great choreography and on screen action.

To me, this seems like everyone on the production side really loves the character and are desperate to see if succeed, so they're throwing all the CGI and practical effects bells and whistles at it. But the characterisation of Kamala Khan and her family/friends is strong enough that they aren't shoved to the side by all the bombast.

It's so much better than the other recent release on Disney; Obi Wan Kenobi. That show, in comparison, feels like a cash grab where everything on the production side was given minimal effort. Directing and editing is poor and the action lacks all sense of urgency or momentum.

I think it helps that Kamala is just so nice - dunno if that is just how the actor is or it's the character direction, but just comes across as so likeable (and I'm definitely not the target audience, remembering when Running Up That Hill came out....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Just learnt today that the actor playing Bruno is the brother of Maddi Bosch.

Advertisement