Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Where did you see him make the claim that he wanted to shoot shoplifters, source please?? Moreover, the judge does not have the right to ommit such evidence, if it even exists

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

I think this case is quite simple. He went to an area with a gun which is allowed by law. He got chased and attacked and killed two people. Self difference is allowed in America. Not guilty. Done.

People taking about intent. How do you prove that. How do you prove it when video footage shows him being chased and attacked.

If he wasn't being chased and attacked he should be done for murder but that's not the case.

The amount of people beaten and injured by BLM rioters over those few weeks will never receive a fraction of the media coverage of this case.

How much destruction of property, wasting of police resources etc went on that should be given as context for the Rittenhouse shooting.

You could very easily portray him as a patriot. Someone who wouldn't stand idly by while entire livelihoods and businesses were getting destroyed by the "fiery, but mostly peaceful" protestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,829 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Righteous call out Mark. Dude.

Righteous call out bro .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

I don't think you can really compare FF/FG like for like with the US. Not in terms of the scale of the problem.

Our country is far from perfect, granted, but no country is perfect.

Both parties in the US are just as bad as each other. The Reps are living in a time warp, and want to stay there forever. The Dems think if they could only get rid of the Reps, everything would be hunky dory. But look at Dem controlled areas - huge unemployment, drug & crime epidemic, homelessness, massive income inequality, housing inequality, education inequality, rich people paying less in tax. Pushing ridiculous social justice rhetoric, that only serves to further divide the nation etc etc.

Neither party is fit for purpose in a modern nation.

Then you throw guns and violence into the mix. I've never understood how guns make you safer and more free as a nation? America has more guns than people, and more crazy people per km2 than most other nations. How does your gun make you safer, if everyone else has a gun too, and many of them are raving lunatics?

They live in constant fear and suspicion of each other and their government. Living on edge 24/7 like this, makes people go completely crazy. And this is exactly what we are witnessing, a nation that is collectively losing it's mind.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

Fyi, he wasn't legally allowed to open carry, he was underage at the time so he knowingly purchased a weapon that he wasn't legally allowed to carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Correction, he gave his friend money to purchase it for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think people saw "shooting" and "white" and made a load of assumptions from there.

On Irish radio, the other day they were talking about this and talked extensively about local racial issues and inequality for the majority of the segment, barely mentioned everyone in shooting was white never mentioned how it played out. Unless you knew the details you'd be left the impression this was racial crime and a mass shooting with automatic weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Haven't others been killed in these BLM riots, err, I mean protests?

Yes, with the understanding that it would be his friend's firearm until Rittenhouse reached 18, at which point it would be signed over to him through private sale.

Whether he was illegally carrying is under dispute and part of the case. One of the charges is a misdemeanour for possessing a firearm, which is probably the only charge that will stick. There is a carve-out in the law for 16- and 17-year-olds to carry firearms for the purpose of hunting... but it would be very unwise for the defense to try and argue that Rittenhouse was hunting that night.

I did read somewhere that they may try and argue that he was part of a "well regulated militia" in the group that went to protect the businesses of Kenosha that night, and therefore protected by the 2nd amendment, but AFAIK minors have never been considered to be part of militia before, so that will likely fail, too.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yes but that's not really relevant to this case.

Though, having watched the entire trial so far, it doesn't seem that many people in this thread actually care what happened either on the night or in the courtroom. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Of course, this case is nonsense and was for the media. He will walk free and likely become very wealthy from all this.

My point is that people talking about other protesters not being killed that night, I'm saying I'm sure I've read stories and seen videos of innocent people being attacked and seriously injured by these "protesters" on other nights.

@MilkyToast did read somewhere that they may try and argue that he was part of a "well regulated militia" in the group that went to protect the businesses of Kenosha that night

But as far as we know he's wasn't an actual member of any militia , just a group of individuals who went looking to show off this guns and body armour ,

It would be interesting to see if anyone actually challenges the meaning of a well regulated militia is these situations,

For me it means an actual militia with a proper command structure and have a clear role of an any operation they might be involved in ,

Not just a bunch of random Joe's who grab a rifle and magazines and decide they are law enforcement

^Is what someone says when they've been exposed as a liar

No that what someone says when you scored no points ....

Right, but that definition will be part of the trial (if the defense try to go there) and has the potential to set precedent for constitutional law I think. So the judge will be leery of it, and I'm not even sure whether that might involve moving to a higher circuit court.

I think the defense should probably take the L on that charge. It's not likely to result in jail time and it's not like Rittenhouse's future prospects could possibly be affected more by having a misdemeanour on his record than they already have been by the publicity of the case.

You claimed Kyle said he wanted to shoot shoplifters. He never said that. Why did you lie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,868 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not sure how blow people to pieces with an AR15 is self defense .It's like killing a wasp with a Tank . Everyday people defend themselves, with their voice, or fists.

The reality is he's a fanatic, who truly believed he was judge jury an literally executioner . And in reality the police high fived him, so that lead to his belief .

He did why do you think brought up in his trial 🤣🤣🤣.......

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

I don't see how this can be claimed as self-defense if you put yourself in that situation.

If I walk up to a gang of lads and slag them off until they attack me, then pull out a gun and kill them all because they attacked me is that self-defense ?

This and the fact he wasn't even challenged by a whole line of police units despite shooting three people ,calm as day walked away he's a coward nothing more

There is a video where you don't see Rittenhouse (at least not in the segment in question), but someone who is purported to be him is watching shoplifters across the street who run out of the shop and jump into a car, and says "Bro, I wish I had my **** gun right now, I'd start shooting..."

The judge's ruling was that it has no bearing on this case.

I'm inclined to agree with him because I've heard plenty of people say similar sorts of things with no intention of shooting/harming anyone and it only seems sinister in hindsight, but I can see why people disagree.

There's a news story about it (which includes the video clip, so most of the jury have probably already seen it anyway) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9ByJMPjcc&ab_channel=TMJ4News

But you can't produce the video because it didn't exist. Lets review.

Here you have made not one but two mentally deranged claims.

"He said he wanted to shoot shoplifters in a video that the judge won't allowed to be played"

You mean to tell this forum that you saw damning evidence against Kyle Rittenhouse that the prosecution somehow missed or are not being allowed to show by the judge... Do you realize just how utterly stupid this is?

So should be a slam dunk guilty verdict then right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I feel sorry for certain posters here, who've to deal in pure fantasy just so that they can convince themselves that they have a point. It's no wonder that fictional literature is dominated by the left, as they spend more time dealing with fantasy than reality.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Wisconsin law say "Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor".

There was also a curfew in effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Yeah he's not such a hardman without his machine gun he'll be passed around like a chew toy inside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement