Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club championships 2021/2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭flasher0030

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

From watching e game on TV, I thought Carty was matching up with McLoughlin fairly often, looked like a strategy to me but I may be mistaken. Niall Daly didn't seem to match up with anyone from the Pearse's side tbh.

Sound., Maybe so. Carty seems like a very decent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Carty is a tremendous player. A member of the 2006 all ireland minors and 2010 connacht senior winning sides, he has been blighted with knee injuries which shortened his county career, but ironically he is one of the Last of that bunch of players still operating at any sort of a high level nowadays, in spite of the restrictions his injuries placed on his training and playing. A real talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,908 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shane Cooney will be a big loss for St Thomas

• Advertisement

Wow. Didn't think he was around that long. I thought he only looked 27 or 28

My heart goes out to St Thomas's too lose like that is absosulty heartbreaking and remeinds me of De La Salles loss all those years ago. Ballygunner vs Ballyhale final could be a classic and hopefully a win for Ballygunner

Intermediate final will be Kilmoyley (Kerry) vs NAAS (Kildare) in a very novely final with the Junior final been Ballygiblin (Cork) vs Mooncoin (Kilkenny)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

Anyone not using their season ticket for the club finals please keep me in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

If you're purely judging on their respective formlines you'd fancy Ballygunner as Ballyhale played a get out jail today and against St Ryanaghs, must be said there most polished display was in Croke Park against Clough Ballycolla, has the makings of a great final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Season tickets were not in use for the 2021 season so wont apply to the club finals this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I believe that the future Kildare champions will compete in the Leinster Senior Club Hurling championship should they win the Intermediate final. Not sure if the same would be true for future Kerry champions in Munster should they win. Naas were the first non Kilkenny team to win the Leinster championship since Mount Leinster Rangers in 2011 (who went on to reach the All Ireland Senior Final not too long afterwards).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What an idiotic moment from Aidan Brannigan at the end of normal time.

I would have been pleased to see Kilcoo win the AI after being within touching distance recently, but they were horrible to watch today. Very good at going down 'under contact' and feigning injury.

Kilco in total control now, hard to see them beating Kilmacud Crokes if both are in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Hurling finals are on Saturday:

Junior: Ballygiblin (Cork) vs Mooncoin (Kilkenny) at 15.00

Intermediate: Kilmoyley (Kerry) vs Naas (Kildare) at 17.00

Football finals are on Sunday:

Junior: Gneeveguilla (Kerry) vs Kilmeena (Mayo) at 13.30

Intermediate: Steelstown Brian Og's (Derry) vs Trim (Meath) at 15.30

All in Croke Park. Guess there will live streaming coverage eg TG4_Sport Youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Anyone know where to get tickets for the all ireland club hurling final on the 12th February? Can't see them available here: https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa/buy

Am I missing something?

I must of been hard for the likes of Tom Mullally who lead Naas to victory over his home club

On the other hand it must be a bit satisfying too beating your own club

• Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Naas just about did enough, fair battle in the conditions with the referee letting the game flow. Naas should be able to be somewhat competitive at senior level going forward.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

He is from Glenmore, who Naas beat in the Leinster semi final. Was a decent bit of coverage about it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Great win by Kilmeena against Gneeveguilla in the junior All Ireland final. With the history Kerry have of winning in this competition I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Gneeveguilla were winning this. From listening to the game Kilmeena dominated and were the better team and truly deserved winners. I think they are the 1st team outside of a Kerry- Cork team to win this competition since 2003-2004?

• Advertisement

Kilmeena fully deserving winners. We are absolutely gutted. We couldn't have asked for any more from our players and we were very lucky to force extra time. Kilmeena a fine side. Congrats to them

Is the indoor bar area that's at the back of the Lower Cusack Stand back open ?

Very handy area

Tomorrow's All Ireland finals will be the first time the two senior games will be played by clubs with the same prefix:

BALLYhale Shamrocks vs BALLYgunner

KILmacud Crokes vs KILcoo

Nice useless fact

Are Naas up senior for next year?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Bar was open behind Hogan stand last Saturday so should be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I believe that the Kildare senior champions will compete in the Leinster Senior club championship from next year onwards, similarly to when Clonkill and MLR won the Intermediate All Ireland, Westmeath and Carlow champions went senior afterwards.

Cheers, is there a way they can be relegated back down Intermediate?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Not really, unless Kildare requested it. Carlow and Westmeath clubs have been competitive at the Senior level since going up, it'll be interesting to see how Kildare's champions get on. Makes Leinster a nice even 8 teams too.

In camogie I know teams have to win the All Ireland twice in a row for their county's champion to enter the higher grade. In theory this means 2 teams could alternate the All Ireland title between them every single year without ever getting promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭kksaints

Drama at the end there. Congrats to Ballygunner.

• Advertisement

Best finish to a game I have ever seen.

Insane

Advertisement