Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club championships 2021/2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Horrendous red card call against Noel McGrath

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Red card my hole, joke of a decision from Jonny Murphy as usual.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Definitely not a red. At the very most, a yellow, but even then it'd be harsh imo. There was stuff going on with mcgrath and the ballygunnar number 9 before that that the linesman didn't see. He must have seen something in the incident that mcgrath was put off for. What that was is anyone's guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Jaysus these Ballygunner boys are going down easy shall we say

It should be said it was never a penalty and John McGrath was stupid

Big dive then from Barry Coughlan to get John McGrath absolute scam artist.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

The Tipp men are just launching the ball in. No pattern to their play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Well they only have 13 players now so not sure what pattern you expect.

Another game ruined by the referee.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Loughmore shot themselves in the foot. They should know if you play on the edge like that someday you're going to get a poor referee flashing cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Treble double

Ya, the conditions were a great leveller today and would have benefitted Loughmore but they got caught out by a ref that was going to punish niggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Weather killed the game in Dungarvan but Ballygunner will be happy with the win. Kilmallock very impressive and will be big favourites going into the Munster Final

Ballyhale will be massive favourites going into the Leinster final. Will be a massive occasion for Clough/Ballacolla

Really needs to be something done about the Galway champions automatically advancing to the All Ireland Senior Club Hurling Semi Finals each season. Bring them into the Leinster or Munster Championship and rotate AI semi final pairing each year (one year Munster vs Ulster, other Leinster vs Munster etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Treble double

I would have Ballygunner as favourites for Munster. If it is played on a decent pitch on a calm day I could see them beating Killmallock by 6 points plus.

The game today was played in shocking conditions and for a team that plays an intricate brand of hurling they still managed to get the result against a dog of a team that would have revelled in the conditions.

Middleton were shocking today so it's hard to know where Killmallock are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

I presume Ballygunner Killmallock will be in Thurles. Looks fairly open in both codes this year, Ballyhale haven't convinced last couple of weeks and same with Ballygunner today.

Didn't like some of the play acting from Ballygunner but I think its a problem across the board.

Are the AI Senior Hurling Semi Finals

Munster vs Ulster

St Thomas (Galway) Vs Leinster

The 2019/20 semi finals were

Leinster vs Ulster

Galway vs Munster

Year before was

Munster vs Leinster

Galway vs Ulster

Obv no 2020/21 championships

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

This year, I think, it's St Thomas's vs the ulster champions and munster vs leinster.

If that's the case then IF Ballygunner win Munster they will be cursing their luck once again. Possibly another an All Ireland Semi Final against Ballyhale awaits

Ballyhale are hurt after yesterdays terrible performance and you feel will be out to destroy poor Clough/Ballacolla this weekend

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Ballyhale have been struggling all year really and only hurling in fits and starts.. however I would say the further they go the harder to beat they will be..if I was ballygunner I'd rather try catch them in a semi than meet them in a final..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭billyhead

The have to get over Kilmallock first which won't be an easy task.

Very true.. ballyhale also have to get through Leinster final..I was only talking about if and when they met which might suit ballygunner better

Once ballyhale got going today they were very impressive.joey consistent as ever.. Richie Reid was excellent.. Eoin Cody is the real deal..TJ average by his exceptional standards I know he got a knock in the first half and is recovering from a wedding but I wonder if his legs are going? You would feel for ballacolla they started well but faded quickly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

It’s set up for a Ballyhale v St Thomas final really.

Munster senior club hurling isn’t a patch on Kilkenny or Galway senior club so can’t see Ballygunnar or Kilmallock troubling Ballyhale in the semi-final.

As far as i no its Ballyhale v st thomas in semi final. Leinster v Connaught this year.

According to rte news just now ballyhale meet Munster winners

Have to feel sorry for CB but what a run they have had and to play in Croke Park is massive. Ballyhale when they get going are almost unstoppable and you could sense they were out for blood today after a few under par performances

Wikipedia (obv not the best source) has it Ballyhale vs St Thomas (Galway) and Slaughtneil (Derry) Vs Munster winners as the AI semi finals. As a Waterford fan going by that a Ballyhale vs Ballygunner is still on the cards but no way can it be a given. Great to have the Ballygunner vs Killmallock game to look forward too early in the new year

I stand corrected.. Kilkenny gaa website is saying ballyhale meet st Thomas's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Brilliant win for my club Padraig Pearses in Connacht yesterday, first county title in 2019 and now this, we are in dreamland. Kilmacud up next, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Nothing to fear from a Mannion less Kilmacud for Pearse's.

Yw have a good core there, a thread with intercounty experience with the Cartys, Dalys, D'Arcy, Murray et Al. Footpassing into the full forward line of the excellent Carey and Payne was a feature for Pearse's.

I Thought Niall Carty was immense yesterday, a great servant through the years, and did a great job on McLoughlin. One obvious weakness would be in goal, I thought the keeper looked shaky when the ball came his way, kickouts not great and looked poor enough with the ball in hand.

Very impressed with Ballygunners Performance in yesterday's Munster Final. There saying Kilmallock didn't get out of the traps but Ballygunner done the damage and will be full of confidence going into the All Ireland series. Slaughtneil will be a huge challenge and Ballygunner will need to keep focus and not be thinking of Croke Park. Waterford clubs have been caught out before by Ulster teams, Mount Sion in 2002/03 by Dunloy and it took De La Salle extra time to beat Cushendall in 2008/09 in the Parnell Park (which will be the same venue as BG vs Slaughtneil)

Finals due to be on the same weekend (12th/13th Feb) as league games and more than likely Double header on Saturday 12th Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Was Niall Carth not the number 11. If it was, he was very good, but I don't think he was the main marker for McLouighlin. Maybe Niall Daly you mean.

Advertisement