Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club championships 2021/2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

It’s set up for a Ballyhale v St Thomas final really.

Munster senior club hurling isn’t a patch on Kilkenny or Galway senior club so can’t see Ballygunnar or Kilmallock troubling Ballyhale in the semi-final.

As far as i no its Ballyhale v st thomas in semi final. Leinster v Connaught this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

According to rte news just now ballyhale meet Munster winners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have to feel sorry for CB but what a run they have had and to play in Croke Park is massive. Ballyhale when they get going are almost unstoppable and you could sense they were out for blood today after a few under par performances

Wikipedia (obv not the best source) has it Ballyhale vs St Thomas (Galway) and Slaughtneil (Derry) Vs Munster winners as the AI semi finals. As a Waterford fan going by that a Ballyhale vs Ballygunner is still on the cards but no way can it be a given. Great to have the Ballygunner vs Killmallock game to look forward too early in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

I stand corrected.. Kilkenny gaa website is saying ballyhale meet st Thomas's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Brilliant win for my club Padraig Pearses in Connacht yesterday, first county title in 2019 and now this, we are in dreamland. Kilmacud up next, who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Nothing to fear from a Mannion less Kilmacud for Pearse's.

Yw have a good core there, a thread with intercounty experience with the Cartys, Dalys, D'Arcy, Murray et Al. Footpassing into the full forward line of the excellent Carey and Payne was a feature for Pearse's.

I Thought Niall Carty was immense yesterday, a great servant through the years, and did a great job on McLoughlin. One obvious weakness would be in goal, I thought the keeper looked shaky when the ball came his way, kickouts not great and looked poor enough with the ball in hand.

Very impressed with Ballygunners Performance in yesterday's Munster Final. There saying Kilmallock didn't get out of the traps but Ballygunner done the damage and will be full of confidence going into the All Ireland series. Slaughtneil will be a huge challenge and Ballygunner will need to keep focus and not be thinking of Croke Park. Waterford clubs have been caught out before by Ulster teams, Mount Sion in 2002/03 by Dunloy and it took De La Salle extra time to beat Cushendall in 2008/09 in the Parnell Park (which will be the same venue as BG vs Slaughtneil)

Finals due to be on the same weekend (12th/13th Feb) as league games and more than likely Double header on Saturday 12th Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Was Niall Carth not the number 11. If it was, he was very good, but I don't think he was the main marker for McLouighlin. Maybe Niall Daly you mean.

From watching e game on TV, I thought Carty was matching up with McLoughlin fairly often, looked like a strategy to me but I may be mistaken. Niall Daly didn't seem to match up with anyone from the Pearse's side tbh.

Sound., Maybe so. Carty seems like a very decent player.

Carty is a tremendous player. A member of the 2006 all ireland minors and 2010 connacht senior winning sides, he has been blighted with knee injuries which shortened his county career, but ironically he is one of the Last of that bunch of players still operating at any sort of a high level nowadays, in spite of the restrictions his injuries placed on his training and playing. A real talent.

Shane Cooney will be a big loss for St Thomas

• Advertisement

Wow. Didn't think he was around that long. I thought he only looked 27 or 28

My heart goes out to St Thomas's too lose like that is absosulty heartbreaking and remeinds me of De La Salles loss all those years ago. Ballygunner vs Ballyhale final could be a classic and hopefully a win for Ballygunner

Intermediate final will be Kilmoyley (Kerry) vs NAAS (Kildare) in a very novely final with the Junior final been Ballygiblin (Cork) vs Mooncoin (Kilkenny)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Anyone not using their season ticket for the club finals please keep me in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

If you're purely judging on their respective formlines you'd fancy Ballygunner as Ballyhale played a get out jail today and against St Ryanaghs, must be said there most polished display was in Croke Park against Clough Ballycolla, has the makings of a great final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Season tickets were not in use for the 2021 season so wont apply to the club finals this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I believe that the future Kildare champions will compete in the Leinster Senior Club Hurling championship should they win the Intermediate final. Not sure if the same would be true for future Kerry champions in Munster should they win. Naas were the first non Kilkenny team to win the Leinster championship since Mount Leinster Rangers in 2011 (who went on to reach the All Ireland Senior Final not too long afterwards).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What an idiotic moment from Aidan Brannigan at the end of normal time.

I would have been pleased to see Kilcoo win the AI after being within touching distance recently, but they were horrible to watch today. Very good at going down 'under contact' and feigning injury.

Kilco in total control now, hard to see them beating Kilmacud Crokes if both are in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Hurling finals are on Saturday:

Junior: Ballygiblin (Cork) vs Mooncoin (Kilkenny) at 15.00

Intermediate: Kilmoyley (Kerry) vs Naas (Kildare) at 17.00

Football finals are on Sunday:

Junior: Gneeveguilla (Kerry) vs Kilmeena (Mayo) at 13.30

Intermediate: Steelstown Brian Og's (Derry) vs Trim (Meath) at 15.30

All in Croke Park. Guess there will live streaming coverage eg TG4_Sport Youtube channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Anyone know where to get tickets for the all ireland club hurling final on the 12th February? Can't see them available here: https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa/buy

Am I missing something?

I must of been hard for the likes of Tom Mullally who lead Naas to victory over his home club

On the other hand it must be a bit satisfying too beating your own club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Naas just about did enough, fair battle in the conditions with the referee letting the game flow. Naas should be able to be somewhat competitive at senior level going forward.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

He is from Glenmore, who Naas beat in the Leinster semi final. Was a decent bit of coverage about it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Great win by Kilmeena against Gneeveguilla in the junior All Ireland final. With the history Kerry have of winning in this competition I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Gneeveguilla were winning this. From listening to the game Kilmeena dominated and were the better team and truly deserved winners. I think they are the 1st team outside of a Kerry- Cork team to win this competition since 2003-2004?

• Advertisement

Kilmeena fully deserving winners. We are absolutely gutted. We couldn't have asked for any more from our players and we were very lucky to force extra time. Kilmeena a fine side. Congrats to them

Is the indoor bar area that's at the back of the Lower Cusack Stand back open ?

Very handy area

Tomorrow's All Ireland finals will be the first time the two senior games will be played by clubs with the same prefix:

BALLYhale Shamrocks vs BALLYgunner

KILmacud Crokes vs KILcoo

Nice useless fact

Are Naas up senior for next year?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Bar was open behind Hogan stand last Saturday so should be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I believe that the Kildare senior champions will compete in the Leinster Senior club championship from next year onwards, similarly to when Clonkill and MLR won the Intermediate All Ireland, Westmeath and Carlow champions went senior afterwards.

Cheers, is there a way they can be relegated back down Intermediate?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Not really, unless Kildare requested it. Carlow and Westmeath clubs have been competitive at the Senior level since going up, it'll be interesting to see how Kildare's champions get on. Makes Leinster a nice even 8 teams too.

In camogie I know teams have to win the All Ireland twice in a row for their county's champion to enter the higher grade. In theory this means 2 teams could alternate the All Ireland title between them every single year without ever getting promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Drama at the end there. Congrats to Ballygunner.

• Advertisement

Best finish to a game I have ever seen.

Insane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,155 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Some finish to the All-Ireland hurling club championship final. 2 points down, last play of the game, Roy of the Rovers stuff. Some goal. Great for Ballygunner, so sickening for Ballyhale Shamrocks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Unreal finish! I thought Ballyhale had it but history was made as a Waterford club became All Ireland Club hurling champions with a rocket of a goal from around 30 yards out with the last puck of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Kilcoo needed that score before HT just to stay in touch. Kilmacud looking likely winners based on what we've seen so far

So hard to watch a football match after a hurling match.

Tried the rugby then, even worse!

Football is dire

Pity no alcohol in your seat in Croke Park as it might of made it a bit bearable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Ballyhale were very fortunate to be in the final in the first place, i wouldn’t have any sympathy for them, nice to see a new team win it.

Ballyhale will get over it and come again. On the road a long time and have won a lot in fairness to them.

Nice to see a new club team on the cup.

Amazing end to both senior finals and 2 new teams winning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Not a classic in the football final between two sides with a strong focus to hold the opposition to low scores. Goals obviously key, the first a lucky break and pathway back into the match for Kilcoo and the 2nd the match winner. Congrats Kilcoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Advertisement
Advertisement