Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ian Garry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Brendan Allen gave an interview to ESPN.

Despite still being on the website, Allen says that Garry left Kill Cliff and then got scheduled to fight Vicente, which Allen doesn't particularly like. Could have been a fraudian slip but he seemed to say Garry left the gym and asked for the fight.

He effectively calls Garry a "gym wh*re" and criticises his attitude.

He also says that "Garry knows whose name not to say" from Kill Cliff because there's a video of one of the lads from the gym who knocked him out cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭US3

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I hear its the Bellator Champ JJ

Makes sense same.gym same weight

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why would I tell you that? My point was that we didn't have any information but people were telling us all about what happened.

You know, clueless people making up stories that at the time had no basis. We have facts now.

He has history now after this.

I don't know what he's at tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

I see Garry has withdrawn from press conference/media obligations this week.

He might be the least popular fighter in the UFC now. For someone who wanted some online clout it's really blown up in his face.

Wonder is he mentally gone? Fight camp preparations have not gone well and that's before you get to the other distractions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

And now he's out out. Flu and pneumonia, according to Helwani

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

There was image I saw yesterday and he had nasty mouth sore right side mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That was from ages ago. One of his earlier UFC fights

Its a strange one becuase less than 48 hours gaoi he was posting he went and got new shoes fo the presser,

Im guessing he had a cold & thought he would shake it and didn't ,

Weight cuts and travel on plane's are not advised, its not ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

He **** himself, absolutely nothing to do with a flu or pneumonia, come on. Looking forward to the comments in the presser about him even more now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

While I wouldn't put it past him, it would never fly with Dana. He would rip up his contract immediately. I doubt he pulled out of the fight without doctors approved by the UFC having a good look at him. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

How come his wife don’t just take his place and do the fight??

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Garry says UFC doctors pulled him from the show. I doubt he pulled a sicky here

Travelling on planes trying to make weight after a long hard camp will do that to you ,

No chance fighter donlt **** themselves,

No question cutting weight , flying & the extra stress hes had from all the online **** took its toll on the body ,

Well that'll save me from getting up in Sunday morning. Only fight on the card that interested me enough to watch it live.

Leon will finish Covington, Rakhmonov will stop Wonderboy.

I've no interest in the other fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Colby is some prick to say that, didnt think he would go that far considering he rang the cops on Masvidal the coward.

I think Leon KOs but will probably do a Masvidal now and keep hitting him.

Cant wait for the card hopefully still awake for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Garry v Luque off it is a bummer as it was the most interesting fight of the night.

Colby is genuinely a bad person, that line about his dad just dire.

Colby as champ would be a disaster also, he would never defend it although Leon is not the most active either sadly.

Regarding the rest, Paddy is in a weird position, beating Tony in 2023 it doesn't matter at all and can he step up a level?

If he loses, he is done.

The co main event and Bryce v Emmett should be good and obviously Cody on the prelims.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This is peak keyboard warrior stuff. He’s a pro fighter, saying he **** himself is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Yeah I was looking forward to his fight, would have loved yo see him at the press conference after all the stuff about him lately.

Tony is finished, have goggins in his corner is just weird. He definitely has CTE and should be made retire. Hope Paddy beats him early(don't really rate him) by sub and we never see him again.

Shavkat will finish wonderboy, was actually hoping a Garry win would set-up a wonderboy match in Ireland next year as heard Dana said he wants come back.

Agree with Colby he will hold up the division doing tours with Trump or something. Belal deserves a shot at the winner with Shavkat also closeprobably skips belal if he wins).

Really sick of Edwards talk about going up To middleweight alteady though, surely must defend your own title min 5 times before allowed go up. Sure Strickland hasn't even defended his title yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I don't have any idea how you make it out to be a great card.

The main event has a guy whose never beaten anybody in good form taking on a guy on a, I think it's 12 fight win streak?

The co-main has a guy that's been knocked out by Moreno and previously subbed by Pantoja. Guess what's going to happen there.

Rakhmonov will stop Wonderboy like he has everybody else.

The Ferguson and Emmett fights are basically just about good enough to be fight night main events.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You talk some nonsense.

It's amazing how you just say it's a great card, I respond and you've nothing to say so instead of not posting you put up that crap.

Cop on to yourself, it's not like you are a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

It is a good card. I'm looking forward to all of the main fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think it’s a good card. Colby fights are always good, they often go the full 5 rounds but at an unreal pace, he never runs out of energy and is non stop pounding his opponent. Saying all that, Leon is fav so it should be a great fight. The Paddy Tony fight should be fun, 2 big personalities and a legend at the end of his career vs a new young lad with big potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's a huge fight for both. This is Tony's last chance to get a win. Paddy really has to win to be taken seriously in the division, Tony has not looked competitive really in any of his last five losses apart from R1 with Chandler. If Paddy lost his stock would take a fair dip.

Having said that I'd like Tony to win. His fall off has been one of the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭barryribs

You'd want to go and have a good long look in the mirror before your accuse anyone else of being immature and posting crap

• Advertisement
Advertisement