Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

So who is buying new for the new year or even in the new year and what are you getting?

• 07-11-2021 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭ AMKC

So who is is getting a new car in 2022?

I am getting a new electric bike myself. Thought I would have had it by now but it will be 22 before I have it now. Made a balls of ordering it the first time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ DaveByDavid

Hopefully grabbing an Ioniq 5 and switching to Electric 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭ Tauriel

Have a GLA ordered for delivery towards the end of Q1 2022.

First automatic and will in all likelihood be my last ICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭ wotzgoingon

No but I bought a 1000hp fast car in June. Did I type that right, no! I meant I bought a 100hp slow car in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭ PaulJoseph22

The new Golf is pure ugly with an awful interior. A big step down in quality from mk7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭ eggy81

lets see how many other threads you can shoehorn this post into. I count 2 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭ DaveyDave

One of these? :)

As for myself, the missus still hasn't got a driving test date so no sign of her taking my car off my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭ micosoft

Audi Q4 etron... on order for three months and maybe January delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ Zurbaran

Not doing too bad. I ordered a gti clubsport 5 months ago and it’s currently expected to be here in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭ Leonard Hofstadter

He's not wrong though - it is a massive step backwards from the Mk7 inside. To be fair, it's far from the only modern car with a crappy interior - everything seems to be switching over to touch screen nonsense. Ironic given that new cars are supposed to be safer than older ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭ eggy81

Yes that may be so and he could easily have said those things. IMO the posts were just **** posting trying to get reactions from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ Zurbaran

I was of the same thinking before going to test one tbf. Now I think the mk8 looks better inside and out. The climate controls are definitely stupid though.

The volume slider is nearly perfect though. The harder it is for my passenger to change the volume the better..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭ CiDeRmAn
    Category Moderator

I'm changing my 2012 BMW 5 Series, but still no closer to what that will be.

Might be another 5 Series, might be an A6 or A7... still working it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭ roosterman71

Strongly thinking of a petrol Octavia VRS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭ DoctorEdgeWild

Should finally be getting my hands on a 300zx before next year is out. A few on the retro groups over here are looking to move them on so my time is near! Unfortunately that means selling off a couple of my current ones, and I can't bear to part with them! So easy to buy new ones, not as easy to move them along. Terrible affliction!

EDIT: Sorry, just read back that this is for new cars, apologies! Definitely none of them on the horizon for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ Ryano87

I put a deposit down on a Kia EV6. Probs have to wait until march for it. I'm moving from an MX5 ND so will be a huge change.

Hopefully I'm not disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ ec_pc

Also going for Kia EV6. No delivery date, but in no rush, most likely March time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭ AMKC

What is an MX5 ND? I know what an MX5 is just no idea about the ND part.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭ wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭ sk8board

It’s a bit OT, but I thought I’d comment, in case anyone is looking at the mk8 golf!

We changed a mk7.5 201 to a mk8 211 and without any doubt it’s a better car. We had 2 mk7’s before that too.

vs the mk7.5:

wireless apple CarPlay! It’s instant and seamless and the Siri integration is perfect.

The adaptive cruise with lanekeep assist has gotten better with every iteration.

The blind spot monitor and cameras work great and are actually useful, picking up kids on bikes from miles away as you reverse out of the drive.

The cabin is quieter and the sound system is crisper.

the virtual cockpit has better resolution and more configurable.

The wireless charging pad is a handy addition.

The my connect app is new and useful and will improve for sure. Sending Google maps destinations to the apply CarPlay is v useful

Even the auto dim xenon lights work far better than the mk7.5. Almost no-one gets blinded now :)

the car drives better too.

but hey the touch buttons for the climate are a faff youll quickly get use to, and it’s not as pretty, so it’s a sh1t car 😂

Same as myself.. I sold the MX5 in august and bought myself a mark 2 golf GTI as a run around... It's freezing to drive on these cold mornings though.. looking forward to some "luxury"!

Did you get the GT Line and what colour? (I went GT Line

yacht blue myself)

Well it's really my wife's car, she went for Gravity Blue in the end. She had a very strong preference for the lighter interior of the Earth model so went for that model. Plus it's questionable how much use she'd get from some of the extra's on the GT line. Her current car has a panoramic sunroof which is only used when kids ask for it to be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,943 ✭✭✭✭ Mantis Toboggan

Would love an EV6 but strongly tempted by the new Sportage.

IRISHMEN AND IRISHWOMEN: "In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom"

Irish Proclamation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭ AMKC

Ye the new Sportage is nice and if KIA have done it right should have some really good quality materials inside unlike the EV6 which is very disappointing inside. I suppose they have to cut costs somewhere do. It was in my local Kia showroom the Thursday and Friday gone but I never got down to it raging. It will be in showrooms in January anyway.

Only way to know is to try them both so maybe you may wait till the new year although Kia are doing deals on the new Sportage if you order one now but they are not cheap anymore getting expensive they are.

Interior dash of new Sportage is very similar to EV6, certainly the flat screens, heater control panel and gear selector etc all very similar. I agree that the prices of the current and probably new Sportage are getting a little saucy for what you are getting. However, having owned 2 of them they are a fine car.

The exterior design on the front of the Sportage takes some getting used to, maybe it's very colour dependent too. My wife might have gone for the new Sportage but no electric option plus Europe gets the shorter European model rather than the longer rest of the world model really put me off. I think the longer model is much better proportioned and overall just looks better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement