Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Racism Campaign launched targeting LGBT+

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's bad enough that some leftist NGO starts this train wreck of a campaign but it's seems there are individuals setting up websites to 'platform' these exact same issues with the exact same people as well.

GayProject would have you believe that they 'reached out' to these specific individuals when they all have a history of spouting the same nonsense all over the internet and newspapers for years.

https://masc.life/home/2019/7/4/pradeep-mahadeshwar

How many coloured painters, writers, photographers, athletes, and performers do we have? If we don't have them in numbers, what is the reason? Are we failing to incubate ideas and new connections? If we are failing to facilitate a common intellectual platform, then how can we make improvements? We need to set examples in our real world. Why can't we have an Asian or African origin drag queens? Why can't we have a Korean DJ and why can't we play popular Bollywood music? Why do we have to see, listen and speak only that which is acceptable to the local LGBTQ+ community? We don't grow if we don't ask such questions.

It's painful reading that stereotypical leftist nonsense.

This same person who talks about white men not dating Asians, I've discovered, which wasn't mentioned in the GP campaign, is that he came to Ireland with his Irish boyfriend after meeting him in London whilst he was studying art there. Isn't this the same guy who said you don't see white Europeans dating Asians? What a total fraud.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/when-you-are-a-person-of-colour-in-ireland-people-don-t-see-you-as-gay-1.4530131

While in London, Mahadeshwar started dating an Irish man and in 2012 he moved to Dublin to be with him

I don't believe a single word this guy says about his 'racist' experiences. Not one word.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

Because the issue of racism is important. This is your second go at trying insults, yet you are still making a poor effort of it. There is no trolling going on either. You've made that claim numerous times aswell.

I suggest you read the article posted instead of throwing around lazy insults, and use the Christmas period to reflect on your attitudes towards racism in the LGBT community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

So you have completely 100% reversed your argument but are not trolling?

Are you disavowing your earlier posts on the subject?

I am not reversing any arguments, not sure where you got that from. Racism is prevalent in the gay community particularly amongst white gay men, such as the fetishizing of black men, hence the need for the campaign in the OP. I say we should have more of them to rid the LGBT community of said racism.

It's nice that you've stopped with the insults, pity you are still trying with the trolling nonsense.

You have claimed that I fetishised black men. I asked you to point out where I did that and you refuse and tell me to "do better".

So I'll ask again. Please point out where I did so. If you ignore this again you are clearly trolling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement

And you've claimed I've reversed my argument, and that 'I'm lonely'. Again you are throwing out the trolling nonsense. What I want is an end to the practice of white gay men viewing black men as objects to be fetishize (and other racism) , and as such, I welcome this campaign.

Here's more evidence of it from the UK.

The fact that you are claiming I'm trolling for highlighting this, instead of condemning this racism says it all.

Again I am asking you to back up your claim that I have fetishised black men on this thread. All.you have to do is quite the post where I did it.

If you are not trolling then it should be simple to do or admit you made a mistake. Since you doubled down on it you're obviously trying to provoke a reaction.

Hopefully campaigns such as the one in the OP can help society hear POC, BAME and QTIPOC voices, particularly white gay men who appear to be the main purveyors of this racism.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

OK this thread is done

Its pretty clear that the thread was bumped to troll and try to get a rise out of people rather than serious discussion.

Numerous assertions were made/insinuated about posters and then follow ups were ignored. This isn't CA, you're expected to stand over your comments here.

@The Quintessence Model Think carefully before you post in this forum again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement