Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Independent ie article! Madness if you drive a ten year old plus car !

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

From the article

”Almost two-thirds of drivers have decided they will not buy another petrol or diesel car, a major new survey reveals.

But rather than buy an electric vehicle, a substantial number will opt for hybrid instead, the AA study discovered”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭HBC08

Of all the cars that'll change hands this week will 2/3 of them be hybrid or EV?

Is he talking about new cars only? That's not mentioned in the article?

I don't know how this nonsense isn't challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You are challenging it.

I can't find the AA survey anywhere online but if as stated it was over 8000 motorists surveyed that is a pretty big sample.

It appears not to be about all the cars that changed hands this or any week and of course 2/3 will not be hybrid or EV because they are not there in those numbers for anyone to buy.

All those diesels bought over the last 10+ years have to work their way through the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭HBC08

So what is he talking about?

It sounds like easily provable complete nonsense.

If anyone of us takes a look around garage forecourts you can clearly see that ev/hybrids don't make up 2/3 of cars that are going to be sold,I'd wager they don't make up 5%.

It's total bollixoligy ,it's blatant,its not reality,but nobody seems to challenge the narrative.

Advertisement