Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Independent ie article! Madness if you drive a ten year old plus car !

• 18-10-2021 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ Murph85

have ever read such BS! As if a 2011 car isnt exactly the same as a 2021 for all intents and purposes... we dont even have a motoring industry here ! He goes on about new cars, powered by the over one hundred year old tech that most of them still employ? I.e diesel and petrol?!

How much emissions go into manufacturing and shipping? If its replacing diesel or petrol with all electric, fine, in general.

But petrol or diesel with petrol and diesel and a different number on the reg plate ? Lol!!!

"But I also know, because I get told a lot, that there are families out there praying they will get through the winter without an expensive breakdown."

The answer to a possible few hundred euro repair ? And not rocking back and forward in the foetal position with fear every night ? Spend 30,000 and sleep soundly at night!

Sure woulnt your car be your biggest worry , food on the table ? Rent ? Mortgage? Kids college fees ?

Forget it! Spend, spend, spend on an unremarkable box, your neighbours will be impressed with your pcp for five minutes !

Comments

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ BrianD3

Safety has improved incrementally in the last 10 years but the main passive safety and some of the active safety improvements had already happened 10 years ago. If everyone drove 10 year old designs, I don't believe there would be many more killed on our roads than if everyone drove new cars. Whereas if everyone drove 25 year old designs, it would be relative carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ Murph85

A ten hear old car aesthetically could be totally indistinguishable from today! If you were comparing a thirty year old car ? Yes... a twenty year old one probably...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,666 ✭✭✭✭ listermint

Your correct it was 4 star. I correct my statement. Point stands though. Carnage? I don't think so. That Laguna is 22 years old in a few weeks also. Is a Mégane 2021 safer than it ? By what serious metric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 SlitDrip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭ elperello

Is he building up to promoting another scrappage scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭ tdf7187

He's a paid troll mas

I was going to post, but Wibbs says everything I would have said, better than I would have worded it.

Cap doffed, Wibbs, but don't let your head swell too much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement