Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

A few remakes lately have really set a standard. Demon Souls,Mass Effect and more recently Crysis trilogy.

If R* decide,and let's be honest it's a choice for a company as large as they are,to do the bare minimum they really have lost their way and its all about money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,227 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say they're more likely to have been focusing on the GTAV upgrade coming for PS5 and XSX, because keeping people playing Online is where the money is. The Trilogy remaster will be mostly shined up to the nines and a few quality of life inclusions, but overall they can blame any criticisms on the age of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I said it on the first page of this thread but I will say it again I would 100% prefer if they released GTA VI than this remaster.

It's not the same replaying a game you played before than a new game where everything is new/fresh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The creators of the demons souls remake need to burn in hell for what they did to the soundtrack. That eerie, simple and unique but unsettling sound turned into generic Hollywood bombast.

Fucking savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I don't think any of us are expecting anything to that level, or the likes of the Shadow of the colossus remake from a few years ago.

The one thing that could really break this reissue is the licensing of all the music from the originals. You'd expect there may be some enforced changes in that department, hopefully it's not too noticeable.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I haven't played any of those or the originals for that matter but surely easier to remake newer games like those?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I found these alleged specifications for PC ports of the games.

Apparently the Intel cores mentioned don't exist, could be a mistype, and I used to own a Ryzen 5 2600 - pretty old, which means they won't require too much power from the CPU department (not like they ever did before)

45GB space required as well, divide that by 3 and give SA a little more space and it's probably 20gb for SA and 12-ish GB for the other two.

The recommended RAM intrigued me. I'm assuming this is due to the alleged 4K textures that they'll be using as well as higher frame rates?

I'm just trying to see why the requirements are what they appear to be. If the requirements were significantly lower then I'd question how much of an upgrade these games are. As I said though, the Ryzen 5 being a recommended CPU suggests these could just be the bare minimum.

Look at me acting all clever. 🧐

Yeah there could be more work there than the other games,but maybe not,I couldn't tell ye exactly how much work went into the remasters I mentioned.

Vice City was 2002,San Andreas was 2004. Mass Effect 1 was 2007 and Demon Souls was 2009 so there is a few years between them.

It's just R* have the money to do a good job on the trilogy,it weather there willing to spend to give the games a good remaster.

I do feel a really good standard has been set by recent remakes,one of the largest gaming companies in the world should be matching that imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There won't be any enforced changes. If Rockstar want to renew the licenses, they can, it's just a matter of if they want to stump up for them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭endainoz

I know there's absolutely no way it would happen but it would be great if this trilogy will have some online play. I remember an online mod made for San Andreas on PC from years ago. It was called MTA (multi theft auto) and it had some really fun events like races etc. Don't think it played on the full map or anything but it was impressive as it was completely fan made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is there a trailer out for this? Is it not supposed to be out on the anniversary which is soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I used to play the hell out SAMP back in the day. Cops and robbers with my cousin was so much fun.

I was also part of an RP server as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just thinking about it it would actually be in their best interests to make a MP mode. Big money making scheme for them considering how much they made from V. It's mad to think that game came out on Xbox 360 and PS3 and still popular as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭endainoz

I doubt they'd be devoting much time to the trilogy once it comes out. Focus will be on the massive cash cow that is GTA online and of course GTA 6 is surely just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Speaking of mods,ive been having some fun in GTA V SP.

A bunch of cars as add ons,bennys in the SP so a lot more customisation. A drug dealing mod(lol),can rob banks,gang wars,added races etc. Ive edited a few of the configs to make them a bit more balanced,they gave too much money initially.

Using Visual-V for graphics and a heap of other mods for various things.

Once everything was installed i started a fresh save,been having great fun since 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

SAMP had potential but any time I tried a server, it was full of cheaters which ruined it.

MTA:SA - now that was fun and addictive. Hard to put away. The user made tracks were completely ridiculous. Racing in a kart on a track suspended in the sky where a checkpoint changes you into a hovercraft and you slowly float down to the water and then BAM! Now you're a speedboat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I must be alone in never playing any GTA game online, some going considering I've owned them all on release day since the GTA 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I take it you never enjoyed the LAN multiplayer on GTA1.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

November 11th release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Not gonna lie. Loving the polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Updated Player Experience making it easier than ever to play these classic games, including:

• A GTAV-style controller layout
    • Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in GTA: San Andreas
    • Updated Weapon and Radio Station selection wheels
    • Updated Mini-Maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to set waypoints to destinations
    • The ability to immediately restart a failed mission
    • Plus new Rockstar Games Social Club Accomplishments for members

Enhanced Visuals, with improved graphics and fidelity across all three games, including:

• Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
    • A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
    • Improved water and weather effects
    • Enhanced detail in trees and foliage
    • Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition

Plus Platform-Specific Features, including:

• 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
    • NVIDIA DLSS support for PC
    • Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch

https://www.rockstargames.com/GTATrilogy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's actually a lovely look to it. For 60 quid though, it would want to have updated controls.

Does this mean they might be available separately at some stage? Nice to see they're putting a taste of it on Game Pass/PS Now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's a better upgrade than I was expecting, but the thought of giving them more money doesn't sit well. 😒

If they release the soundtrack details and confirm it's intact, I might have to take the plunge as it's out the day before my 40th.

Will be a nice step back into my youth

• Advertisement

I wouldn't put it past Rockstar selling them separately as there could be people who might not want to pay 60 for all 3 when they could just buy one at a time

Advertisement