Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportives 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Exiled1

Online registration open for the sufferfest that is Tour De Kilkenny on 30th July.

https://eventmaster.ie/event/6z4ZIEpT5G

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭doiredoire

The WLAC sportif takes place on Saturday April 9th in Galway and is promoted by Galway Bay CC. It’s part of Cycling Connacht’s series and has two distances 100k and 160k. To register log onto https://eventmaster.ie/event/KYKbSpnHGx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Signs are up for the 3 peaks routes, would hotlink a picture but failing to at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Was out that way today and the signage is great for Slieve Maan and Shay Elliott to let you know the pain ahead! Markings on road to signal when to slow on descents also. Best of luck to them & hope they get some decent weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I did the Tour of Flanders sportive yesterday (did the 179k as the full thing has 100k of flat and boring roads from Antwerp to where the climbs start).

Found it tough but a very enjoyable day. There were over 16000 doing it so felt like you were on Zwift at times. Had to walk two climbs due to people stopping up ahead which was annoying as I thought I could get over all of them, but inevitable on a day like that I guess. Didn't enjoy some of the flatter cobbled sections either. Can't imagine how tough it is to race that course though - I was just trying to get over the climbs and recover in between and didn't even look at average speed until I stopped the ride.

Well organised with frequent food stops and marshals on every junction (with one dangerous exception near the end) - roads not quite closed but no sections with traffic.

Not great weather - stayed dry but cold and a horrible northerly wind. The last 10k into Oudenaarde was the worst - straight into the wind on the longest false flat I've ever been on. Today feels a bit calmer but if not then it could impact the race today as I don't see how you could stay away solo into that.

Would definitely recommend doing it for anyone considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Closer to home (and to this parish!), did the VCB sportif yesterday from Balrothery. Very well organised and marshalled and a nice testing route back and forth through NCD. I had nearly forgotten how enjoyable sportives can be and how some can be really friendly and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thanks MP.

If yourself or WA or anybody else who did it have any suggestions to what we can improve on it would be very welcome via pm.

Thanks all for showing up. We were absolutley chuffed at the turnout and was great that we had no incidents that we know off.

Ta again!

Meant to be doing Cliffs of Moher cycle this Saturday, thinking of withdrawing as I suffered an ankle tendon injury last week. don't know was it a combination of over training with the cycling and then an awkward step somewhere or other cause.

• Advertisement

Selling my entry for cliffs of moher if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I have one ticket for the cliffs of Moher this Saturday but cannot make it. Cost me €50 plus booking fee selling for €30

they won't let me transfer the ticket this close to the event unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I just contacted them and they said the said. Insurance reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I signed up just there now for the 160 km 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Whats the story with the Galway classic, is it a 'race' or a sportive? Or are there 2 separate events on subsequent weekends? Website is a bit all over the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

From what I understand, the "Galway Classic" and "Galway Classic Mna" on May 15th are Cycling Ireland races. And then "Ride the Classic" on Saturday 21st is a sportive.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

I know a few Boardsies enjoyed previous editions, so just a heads up that the Leitrim Glens Sportive is back on the calendar for 2022, taking place on Sunday August 7th. They're offering four routes - 200km, 150km, 100km and 40km. Full details and registration via leitrimglens.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lisacarry1

Hi is this ticket still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Gerry

Maynooth Velo Abu will be running again this year, route is around north kildare / south meath, same as that used in 2019. 100k and 65k options.

Still at planning stages but date set at 18th September CI.

Post edited by Gerry on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Anybody have a spare or unused ticket for the ring of beara cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Asdaman

Due to change of travel plans, I have a spare Ring of Kerry ticket that I'm willing to transfer to someone? 50EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Asdaman

Yes it is...PM me :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You have posted this question a number of times and each time I'm wondering which sportive you are referring to. I assume others have the same confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

One of the lads in my club has a ticket for the 140k. It seems it can be transferred up to the 25th April. If you're still interested I can ping him and see if he still has it.

Hi

Apologies I must of accidentally send it 3 times. I am looking for a ticket for ride dingle on the 23rd of April?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

September is the answer via cycling ireland calendar

Advertisement