Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

if 0<=pwrLimit<=11000:
          modbus.write_holding_register(3051, value=pwrLimit) #set power limit %output
          x = 3051
          val = modbus.read_holding_registers(register_addr=x, quantity=1)[0]
          print(val)
        else:
          print("input out of range")

You mean like above? Just select the text and over on the left side of the "edit box" there is a paragraph marker, in there you can select code block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭tnegun

I think it's starting to make sense. I thought that a register could be treated as both input and holding depending on its purpose and what I was trying to achieve. So input register 3049 is not the same as holding register 3049?

I may have used the wrong terminology for the python code too when I said snippet I just meant it wasn't the full script I had just pulled out the lines relevant to this.

That was it writing to the holding register 3051 allows me to manipulate the output of the inverter! I dropped it to 10% for a few mins as can be seen below.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Input and holding registers are usually in separate (non-overlapping) numeric ranges. I've noticed that on my Solis, I can query input registers both as an input (as expected) or holding registers (out of spec), so the Solis doesn't seem to implement the Modbus spec correctly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Ahh the special thingy.. I knew it was somewhere but didnt poke enough buttons to find it.

I got this from some solis support website (No NDA's!) But they do overlap

Spec, Who needs to implement specs correctly :P

example :

same doc different sections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

can you set the charge times for the battery once you have remote access?

I'm dealing with just a standard inverter, but if you have the newer logger you can get remote access

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

yes indeed

1. request remote access from Solis EU support: euservice@solisinverters.com

2. get one of the new data logger sticks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyjOH5-XK-4

3. click on Inverter in the Device tab in Solis Cloud app, then in top right, click on Control Inverter. the ability to set charge and discharge times and amps if in the Self Use settings

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

Work mode > Self-consumption > Charge & Discharge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Thanks - this saves me doing it at the unit every evening!

I was looking for the same menu structure as the physical inverter and couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭con747

Heads up,

Dear Users,

The platform “Solis Home” https://m.ginlong.com

and “Solis Pro” http://pv.ginlong.com

will shut down on April 30, 2023. 

We respectfully request that you download the "SolisCloud" app or log in to www.SolisCloud.com as soon as possible to migrate data to the new generation monitoring platform.

BENEFITS:

The new monitoring platform is a major upgrade from the previous monitoring platform. The response time is faster, the data is more secure and overall platform is more stable. Furthermore the platform boast features like remote control features, advanced reporting, organization management and soon we will bring service management.  

INSTRUCTIONS:

Video Instruction: https://youtu.be/FU0YywC5--4

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

The CT and connection arrived so I'm trying to configure a Backflow Power limit on a Solis Mini-3000-4g but I can't get any limit above 1000w to stick. It accepts it but returning to the setting shows 1000w. The menu structure is different from the manual so I may be on an older firmware version. Under EPM I don't have a CT test or meter type option just the ability to turn EPM On or Off, Set the CT ratio and the Backflow power limit. I've tried configure with the Grid On and Off and also EPM On and Off.

When I switch the EPM Off the backflow setting holds but as soon as I turn it on it reverts to 1000w. I've opened a ticket with Solis but thought I'd try here too! The P_EPM shows on the information screen shows Positive for Export and Negative for Import is that correct so its detecting the CT I'm just not sure of the polarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Why am I drawing from grid and battery and solar panels? Seen this grid drawing the last few days? Is it a brief moment in time as battery ramps up or what setting is the issue?

😎

the Solis Cloud app display is literally just a 5min snapshot of the system's state, better to watch the screen on the inverter for real-time flows. that import is probably just system balancing going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭poker--addict

that was the wrong screen shot !

is 200 watts standard inverter usage? Presuming the 580w -370W in photo below reflects inverter use ?

Mine is getting quiet warm, wouldn't fancy leaving my hand on the steal elements/heat exchange grill at back...?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Question for anyone with multiple solis inverters, what is the address setting for each inverter? all 3 of mine are set to 01 but I suspect this is incorrect

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Are they all on distinct RS-485 buses/data loggers? You can condense down to a single RS-485 network by addressing each of the inverters uniquely.

I suspect its just for the loggers, and the inverters arent connected to each other. leave alone.

I should have described it better, theres 1 hybrid and 2 non hybrid inverters.

The problem is that the backflow limit is not working, even though its set correctly.

The solis support pages are woeful but it seems to indicate that each inverter should have its own address but theres no specific instructions that I can find.

• Advertisement

How are you managing export with an EPM? How are the inverters measuring the export?

the hybrid manages the exporting and should cut its generation when it approaches the set limit.

I’ve opened a ticket with Solis support so will report back. The installers should’ve done all this but they were in too much of a hurry to the next job 🙄

just fyi, Solis ticket support can be very slow (snowed under I suspect) so I'd follow up with them on euservice@solisinverters.com

If you view the export on the hybrid is it displaying it correctly? I've only got string inverters but once one was properly registering the export (CT in the right place and direction) it worked pretty flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daveq

Ive noticed a few things with the graphs in my Solis app. Does anyone else find the same?

Time is 1hr behind on the graph but the app refresh time knows the correct time?

The temp for the inverter is different between the graph and the main page readout.

However, if I add another parameter to the graph, it fixes it!

And one last one, I assume myenergi is more accurate for import/export because it seems to align wih my bill, but quesyia why wouldn't my battery supply all power needed over night? Seems to give half the power needed at a given time. Am I missing a setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

I have the 5g Solis hybrid inverter with connected Puredrive battery + Eddi/Zappi. I got caught in the myenergi v5 firmware issues yesterday and so had to reset the Eddi/Zappi but managed to get it all going again. Im not sure why, or how it would be related to the Eddi/Zappi reset, but one thing im noticing today is that the Solis is exporting surplus PV rather than charging the battery (battery is at 90%). Ive unplugged the EV and the Eddi is at max temp...

Ive done a lot of searching but am unable to find where in the Solis settings I can change the logic to be - once there is surplus PV it should go to the house and then charge the battery (if battery is <100%). Am i missing something obvious here?

Any chance you've inadvertently changed the Solis to Feed-In Priority mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

its in self use mode.

I have it integrated into home assisant. What I would lke is to put the logic in that once the house is being serviced by surplus PV then the battery needs to be charged to 100% before zappi/eddi and export last.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daughy

Hi guys, I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this issue, I'll try my best to explain my situation.

I have been back and forth with emails to Solis but they actually can't solve this issue or pretend they know what they're talking about, after my inverter was updated the soliscloud and the app are not showing the SOC of my battery, my battery is a lifepo4 generic brand, not in the inverter list, but even if it was a diy install with singular cells undoubtedly someone has maybe come across or found a workaround for this issue, I'm using user defined for my battery, set the over voltage pro to 54 volts, under voltage pro to 48 volts, over charge to 90% which I'm not sure is working as my battery will charge to 100% and just a little over 54 volts, this might be over charge protection in the event that the inverter charges from the grid and stops at 90%, I'm not sure as the manual for the inverter is terrible.

Over discharge to 20% and force charge to 19%. The DOD at 80%… The rest is just the float charge which is disabled etc,

I can see the history of the SOC in the app, and the soliscloud, I can see the SOC in the main display of the inverter, I can see the SOC in home assistant, but cannot see the SOC in the app or the soliscloud.

It's not a big issue but Solis don't have an option for a diy lifepo4, but did give the option for lead acid before I updated, there thinking is if you pick a different brand than what they want you to pick in the battery list you will void the warranty, I'm way past the warranty at this stage.

I have asked them to give the inverter an update for lifepo4 diy.

Any suggestions welcome 🤗

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daughy

If the inverter is set to over pro at the 54 volts I have set it to, is there a shunt inside the inverter?

I know a full 100 amp 48 volt battery can charge fully each cell to 3.65 volts, and I have seen the voltage just go a little above the 54 volts I have set in the inverter OVV pro, but why will the battery say it's charged to 100% when it reaches this target?

Should the battery say it's approximately 90% or 95%…

Is what I set the over charge % at 90% correct and the inverter thinks at 90% charged it's 100%.. very strange

Advertisement