Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 4 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Another phenomenal drive by Mac Jones. Patriots back in front 14-13.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Steve Belichick looks like he's had a few pregame lines 😁

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1444859781211119616?s=20

Yeah young Belichick is gonna be on plenty of GIFs if he keeps making faces. 😁

Bucs back on top with field goal to take a two point lead. We need Mac to do it again now. This has certainly been his coming out party. Hopefully it continues.

It's been a great game of ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

this is why I stayed up. the tension is unreal so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

2 possessions left in this game yet, albeit the if the Buccs score the Pats will likely have less than 2 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

So this is how it feels...

Ugh, Henry was wide open with absolutely no one near him on that near interception.

the refs are kinda screwing the pats. that out of bounds on the return was crazy

any video or image of this? they didn't show much replays

Wasted TO

• Advertisement

Stupid play calling given the situation.

AB should have caught both of those

Come on Mac, clutch time, go do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No good from 56 and that's the game, a good loss for the Pats though if there's such a thing.

What a game..

Edit actually: What a dramatic finish. Poor quality game tbf but Mac Jones was very impressive.

Ugh, stupid decision to go for the FG there. Ridiculous call. Cowardly.

ah crap, we all wanted a final Brady drive

Well gotta say I'm shocked they decided to go for the field goal there. Sad end to the night.

TB12 now resumes his status as our GOAT.

First and last time staying up for a regular season game.. Happy I did but christ it's late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

I would say neither Brady nor Bill will be happy with that. Bill because of the loss. Brady because he is aware Bill stymied him and won the NE defense vs Tampa offense chess match.

As for the field goal. Folk has been good and it was pretty close. That drive was not really working and most of the yardage had come on a lucky pass interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

Much closer game than I thought it would be, probably only Bellicheck could have created that many headaches for an offense like the Bucs with those personnel on D. It's one thing the Rams giving them a hard time with Donald and Ramsey, it's a whole other thing doing it purely through coaching and strategy.

Couple of great drives from Mac and loads of promise there for the future, but overall that New England offense is still a long way from being able to compete with the big dogs in the league. Even against a team with virtually no secondary there was no deep threat at all. The O Line has struggled every week, not just against Vea, Suh et al and Mac is taking a beating back there.

I'm still excited to see where the Pats go from here and it's definitely more positive than watching Cams struggles last season, just think Mac and McDaniels are gonna need this season to really figure it out before they're back in the January mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Bill did a great job but the Patriot's defense are hardly all poor players - they mightn't have Donald or Ramsey but I'd argue they have several very good guys and what they lack in star power they make up for in solid depth - Judon also looks like a fantastic signing. The weather also clearly played a part, it far more suited the gameplan the Patriots have gone with this season than what the Bucs have been doing - now the argument could be made that they should have adjusted but it isn't easy to pivot drastically. Made the game a mess to watch qualitywise, though it did add to the tension.

Bucs are lucky that their schedule eases up now - their secondary is basically non-existent through all those injuries. They were very lucky last year in that regard so it normally balances out the following one. From what I saw of Sherman last year and last night, he doesn't look like he'll be saving the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭cosatron

Sherman is done. Getting picked on by a rookie isn't a good look

You know I could counter argue that the weather helped the Bucs because on a dry night it's much easier to pass the ball and with their secondary issues they'd have been in a lot more trouble.

Just saying, not being very serious.

In fairness the guy just arrived in Tampa, he has to learn the system and get up to fill fitness. He's an old guy now so it's going to take him longer to get up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Glad you're not very serious - to do so you'd have to ignore the extremely low intended air yards of Mac Jones all season (and college) and believe he would suddenly start taking deeper shots at a rate we haven't yet from him, greater than the likely uptick from Brady in their more aggressive system (even after last night Brady's average intended air yards per play is 8.9 and Jones' is 7.4).

Funny you mention Brady. Many times it was said he doesn't have the arm and that's for years while he was in the NFL.

As for Mac Jones, if you don't think he can throw the deep ball.....

Great fun tonight, lightning in the area and kick off put back despite the fact it's an indoor stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Must say I am enjoying the multi-faceted offences of both the Chargers and Cardinals so far. Herbert looks the real deal even if he doesn't have the explosiveness on his feet of Murray, Mahomes or Jackson.

Advertisement