Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gran Turismo 7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You know you could just buy the paint and customise the kart right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Bought the generic F1 car and there’s an incredible amount of meticulously created liveries available for free. Had to go for the F2004 around Spa.

Post edited by lee_baby_simms on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Made a nice 1.6mil from two Tokyo Expressway races tonight using the Tomhawk X, got myself a few Gr3 and Gr4 cars.

It's a bit lame but gonna make hay while the sun shines,was getting a bit sick of the 600pp cup I was grinding for money

Bought a Mazda R26B-787b from legends aswell,plenty of cars to keep me going now😁

I find that Toyko/Tomahawk race a real chore. I bought the 787b and dropped it down to 800pp for WTC800 at Sardegna and I get around 720k every 25 mins.

Why are most of the other WTC races of similar length and PP only paying out around 125k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Yeah I have been doing the tomahawk/Tokyo thing too, easy money for like 20 mins or less work, I just try for super clean laps and what not to keep it interesting, do it 3 or 4 times a day.

I'm only doing it to purchase the invite cars while available as due to the free to play roulette wheel bs I think it's fair game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I am also doing the Tomahawk/Tokyo grind for those invite cars. To keep it interesting I just try to beat my best time. Currently at 1:14 or thereabouts. I'm sure it could be much better but the AI is a pain. Blue flags mean nothing to them.

The roulette is absolute bollocks. Only a couple of times have I won big. Every other time it is some useless part I will never use or the lowest amount of cash.

Tbh it's a big indictment of the game that Tokyo is the best way to earn credits,the economy is so stingy its actually starting to grate on me having to grind so much for a f2p economy in a full price game.

That plus the having to start from the back in Every. Single. Race. means the game is losing a bit of shine for me.

If this is how Sony view economies in live service games(which I'm sure will be €80 also) it's troubling given how many live service games they having coming up.

For the moment I have enough cars for most of the races I want to play so least for the next little while I won't have to grind for credits too much

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

If your looking for a good challenge give the Nordschleife circuit experience a go. Got it done in a few hours. Nice 5 million for all gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

👍. They could be faster 😉

• Advertisement

Did one more Tokyo tonight and bought myself the GT-R Nismo GT500 '16.

Using it in the last cup, the World GT Series,really fun,very nice car to drive

Amazing car. Perfect for the Sardegna 800 race, 727k in about 25 mins.

Those aren't F1 cars. "Super Formula" a real car. It is the Japanese local equivalent to F4 or F3. It used to be called Formula Nippon. They first featured in GT Sport. Because they're the only relevant cars to allow livery editing every one tried putting their favourite F1 liveries on them.

The 2017 Mercedes-Benz F1 car features in Sport but F1 cars age very quickly in games like this so it hasn't made an appearance in GT7.

There's a version of a generic 80s F1 called the F1500T-A and it's a hoot to drive. It's such a great feeling to be in cockpit view of the car and nailing a lap of Spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Speaking of, what views do people use? I've watched a few SuperGT videos and he uses the bonnet cam. I used to be behind the car the whole time until I got used to cockpit views, and now I can't use anything but, which I'm sure is part of the reason I miss apexs, etc.

"nose cam" I guess. The dashboard is better laid out that way. But like I said, for most open top cars I opt for driver view.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cockpit for me as well. Behind the car seems a bit boring compared to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

For every driving game, going all the way back to GT1 I've used the camera behind the car but I changed it to the "nose" cam one day a few weeks ago on GT7 and now I can only use that one.

I really like it alright. Must try it for Sardegna.

Bonnet cam for me,I'm thinking of changing though as I feel I dont have enough peripheral vision.

Using a wheel so chase cam just seems weird but does give better peripheral vision so I'm torn.

The extended fov cockpit view is good too so I'll probably start giving that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT is insane. Came close to hitting 640km/h in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Always used bonnet myself. Always found it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I might be one of the few who uses behind the car. Always have, it's what I'm used to, never really considered anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’m the same. I tried the cockpit view but I couldn’t react fast enough to the back end sliding out. It’s more visible behind the car and makes it easier for me to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Christ I hate rallying, that cafe menu was torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Traded this today and kiiiiiiind of regretting it but my last few play sessions, i ended them short and put on something else. I had great fun with the lads on here though. Will pick it up again down the line. Plus, Gamestop gave me 50 cred for it so i have 50 psn credit to buy Indies instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

I’ve always used nose cam since the GT1, but I played through all the menu challenges of GT7 in cockpit view as I felt the graphics and immersion were worth it, and in 4k on a large tv you can still see enough.

However, after completing all the menus and getting into “serious” stuff like all gold licences and multiplayer I’ve switched back to nose for that clearer view. I sometimes switch to bonnet cam as the nose cam can get obscured by ghosts more easily when trying to improve times. I don’t find much difference between bonnet and nose cam really.

New content coming today.

Three cars: Subaru GT300 '21, Subaru BRZ S ' 21 and Suzuki Cappuccino '91.

New track layout: Spa 24 hour layout.

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Advertisement

Spa 24 hour layout? What changes there?

Advertisement