Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Civil Servant Covid Recognition

• 23-09-2021 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭ FFVII

Ill just leave this here.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/more-than-3-000-domestic-violence-999-calls-marked-cancelled-by-garda-1.4601760

Lets give the guards a bonus for not doing their job. LOL 

If i was the Gov here id tell nurses etc to F-off. They already get average 11 annual leave days more than retail for example.

A bonus for doing their job!! I worked all the way through. I won't get anything. Dont expect to.

Estimated billion to pay for this. That means at least 3 billion. I dunno if its cuz im getting older but the waste of money by the current shower is just amazing. Squandering €30 billion not batting an eyelid.

Everything is f*cked and all we hear about is makey makey upy upy job coveney for 3 months.

My god healthcare....

Next elections...not saying it'll change anything but we need the pictures removed so you dopey shower reading this will stop ticking the faces you recognise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭ Stark

I'll just leave this here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭ Geuze

Nurses are not civil servants, they are public servants.

What I don't get is, if healthcare staff were responsible for bringing the virus into hosps and nursing homes, why would we reward them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭ Mad_maxx

Why bother giving these things any objective thought when we can just go with received wisdom

Nurses are all selfless saints and that's all we need to know

Bonuses for those that worked in stressful positions during the covid pandemic before vaccinations and on the front line. Like nurses and doctors and HCA's, porters etc working in A&E or on a covid Ward. Not for someone who worked in a back office role and had no exposure to covid patients or someone who worked from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭ LillySV

So U say nothing should be provided for people who were working hard in offices to keep the country afloat? You didn’t feel they weren’t taking enough risk goin into offices full of people to ensure most of the country could stay at homes on 350

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭ Fann Linn

Looking forward to getting my 10 days off. I don't mind Michael McGrath TD taking my 5 off over the next two years.

Thanks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭ FFVII

They were forwarding the ransomware around to each others departments to help spread it so that they'd have even less to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭ mariaalice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭ FFVII

Busy printing out appointment cancellation letters cuz of all the extra leave coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭ mariaalice

Also what is the bit about the makey up jobs and Coveney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭ Fandymo

A whole billion? or equivilant of 2 weeks social welfare bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭ Fandymo

Lidl staff, and most retail staff in big stores, got bonuses already.

god u know it all about them so… any more generalizations you want to make ? What were u doing since March 2020 as a matter of interest? How did u help the country?

Why is this thread titled Civil Servant Covid Recognition with a link to an article about Gardai?

Neither Gardai (or Nurses for that matter) are civil servants.

Haha… I see you stated that you hate your job in a previous thread… I assume you don’t get on with others there…therefore all your fellow workers are wasters …. Nice

• Advertisement

Advertisement