Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 2 thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

11 - 5 this week, takes me to 20 - 12 overall.

Another great slate I thought topped off by the Chiefs Ravens game, happy for Lamar to break the losing streak against Mahomes. The Cards Vikings clash was right up there for me too, Murray absolutely starting to look like the superstar people thought he could be. I thought the Raiders taking the Steelers on the road was the biggest surprise and great to see Gruden finally putting his stamp on that team with Ruggs looking much more settled in the system this year.

Tough day for the Jets, it's early days for Wilson but you'd have to be worried after the first two weeks. He's in a bad situation there and these early blows can be tough for a rookie to come back from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

11-5 to go 21 - 11. Landing on the right side of a few of the close games is definitely helping me.

I agree it is worrying for the Jets but I can't see how anyone expected anything else. Wilson threw into coverage a lot in BYU and it worked and was probably the best strategy to employ there to take advantage of opposing defenses. Suddenly he has a weaker set of receivers and his risky style is resulting in picks. Out of the main 5 he was the one I felt most needed some time to settle in, learn the differences in level and he is not being given it at all. No Quarterbacks to lean on in camp or in training for help, a new head coach. A weaker receiver group, has to feel the pressure each Sunday and has 3 of the top pass defenses in his division.

Wasn't a fan of the Wilson going into the draft but this isn't going to be a fair evaluation for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

11-5 which was a nice surprise because some of the score were very close and it could have gone either way. So that leaves me on 19-13 for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Any worry about Wilson, or any of the rookie QBs for that matter, is a huge overreaction at this point. A rookie QB who barely played against ranked opponents in college struggled in his second start against a Belicheck defense that was expected to be one of the best in the league... 😯

All the rookie QBs are showing the same strengths and weaknesses that were expected, especially when you take into account the situations they've ended up in and the teams they've faced thus far. None have really stood out at this point but that is perfectly okay - they've played two games (or less).

With nothing being too surprising, I don't understand where 'worry' would come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

11 - 5 for the week which brings me to 19 - 13 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Advertisement