Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 2 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Surprising. Expected a Bills win and a comfortable one after Tua was hurt but I would have thought Brisset would put some points on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Great to have Mathieu back for the Chiefs, that's two interceptions already with a pick 6.

9 different receivers for the Chiefs so far and we've barely seen Hill and Kelce, Robinson and Pringle with nice TDs. So many weapons for Mahomes to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

This is turning into a shootout here. Great play by Lamar there

Next Raven to get caught holding should be hauled off and fucked outta the franchise.

• Advertisement

Not even half a brain between them in that Ravens defence.

Goodnight.

Mahomes' first ever pick in September I think, Ravens are right back in it. Great game.

The Ravens run is showing up the Chiefs D for being very average (a couple of exceptions aside like Mathieu).

CEH fumble with the Chiefs in FG range and that should be the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

All the primetime games have been fantastic so far this season.

• Advertisement

4th and 1 on our own 40 yard line with a minute left.

Harbaugh on the sideline "Lamar, Lamar, do you wanna go for it?"

Lamar gets the 1.

Love it.

The defence needs some serious, serious work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Always nice to see the Chiefs lose.

We've become hated rather than irrelevant, as was the case for a loooooong time. Thanks 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Good to see a coach have the balls in that situation to do what he did. Happy it worked out for them.

On another note the Ravens pissed through that Chiefs D. Plenty of time to get things right but you'd be worried as a KC fan how easy it was in probably their biggest test before the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Yup. Some season so far.

Wreaking havoc on my sleep cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Now you know what it's like to be a Patriots fan. 😉

Something not quite right with the Chiefs, they are 1-1 but could easily have been 0-2 now.

Offense is awesome normally but this year it's like an engine that drives great but splutters a lot.

Defense needs a lot of work.

Raiders look really good so far this year. Broncos also 2-0. Chargers like the Chiefs are spluttering a bit. Division looks wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Officiating was poor going both directions on some calls. Officials are supposed to give it a second after the play clock hits zero but I agree the 49ers probably still didn't get that off in time to close out the game. That only balances the complete joke of a 'late hit' on Hurts that set the Eagles up to get back into the game - he wasn't even out of bounds when he was hit, if QBs are going to try to milk every yard on runs they have to accept they'll take the odd hit when they time getting out of bounds poorly.

Not sure I agree with the Eagles should have won - probably 'could have won' is more appropriate. Eagles DL supported by crows noise definitely messed up the 49ers offense initially but faded as the game went on, not sure their DL has the depth for that type of wrestling match. Their OL were good but I'm not sure if your coaches don't trust Hurts, they still have their training wheels on for him, or that's all their scheme is. A few big plays against the 49ers 3rd and 4th string CBs but aside from that they didn't get anything going until the 49ers started playing soft towards the end of the game.

I have definitely been more impressed by the Eagles the last two weeks than I expected to be coming into the season but it'll likely leave you in a no mans land when it comes to a rebuild

Two tough games to start the year against teams that like to run the ball and Spags' defense has struggled in those situations.

Re: the offense, I think not replacing Sammy Watkins will have an impact. Hill was locked down superbly by the Ravens and Robinson isn't good enough to be WR2, despite that TD. They got some production out of Pringle and Kelce was Kelce but with very little happening on the ground, the Watkins gap becomes more problematic imo.

As you say, it's going to be a very competitive division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Great start by the Lions. Worrying for the Packers, the team that beat them easily in week 1, were themselves beaten easily yesterday.

Watching the Manning broadcast on ESPN2, much better 1st quarter than last weeks effort, they've definitely learned a lot from week 1.

I didn't see them last week but this is great. It's like listening to Romo on commentary, you learn a lot.

What a great throw and catch after a pretty brutal sack. Another great game after Sunday night's one

Aaron Rodgers doesn't look at full speed. Beautiful throw to Adams just a moment ago but his pocket awareness is poor right now and it seems like he's struggling to read the defense.

Definitely, they are picking out stuff on the fly that you'd never hear on the main broadcast. Not ure about the zoom guests, as the delay and sound quality leads to a pretty stunted conversation. Rob Gronkowski was very strange, like he didn't want to be there.

I should nearly delete that last post, seems like the normal Aaron Rodgers has returned. 😁

Peyton and Favre talking over each other was a bit awkward too.

I love how Peyton is in a fancy little set up but is still sipping from a plastic red cup like he's got a game of Beer Pong coming up once this finishes 😁

Looking like a good win for the Packers. Lions gave a decent account in the first half, but the wheels came off a bit in the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Advertisement